Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Dolce

Thumbnail by pollyk
Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

Dee who's is Chocolate and Silk????

Lebanon, OR

Barry Blyth 2007

Spicer, MN

Out to Lunch and Chocolate Silk are both SO beautiful, Dee. It sounds like you won't have them to sell in 2010 so will have to wait? It's good I'm patient....I would order them in a minute.

Sharon

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

What yummy blooms. Don't you just love the beards that pop out on some of them. I am a beard freak and love the catapiller (SP?) and complimentary colors of some of them.

Lebanon, OR

I am with you on the big bring beards, just love them. That is what I am working on more and more

D

Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

This is a sad story
this Arilbred seedling bloomed for the first time this year and bloomed out. it was the only seedling to survive from this cross

Thumbnail by avmoran
Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

This is a strange little SDB seedling out of a self of "Earth and Sky" it was the only one to open of the group and I am hoping this year it with rebloom time will tell.

Thumbnail by avmoran
Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

Devil Baby

Thumbnail by avmoran
Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

Putty Tat

Thumbnail by avmoran
Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

Sculptured Wild

Thumbnail by avmoran
South Hamilton, MA

Anita did your seedling have pollen so you could get a cross before it died? I hate it when there is no pollen.

Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

To wet, cold and frost days for it to produce any, Luckily I did not put out all the seeds and put out more this winter.

Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

However there is a 1/2 sib from another cross that is still doing well

Thumbnail by avmoran
South Hamilton, MA

Very good. If I can get it later one will do AB seedling. Not alert enough to fight with it at the moment.

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

Avmoran I love that seedling you lost. That is sad but i HOPE THE OTHER GOES CRAZY FOR YOU.Oops

Raleigh, NC

not DOS? then....oh yes, Starwoman got it last year. Great iris, one of my favs.

Dee, you've got email

Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

Autumn Rose

Thumbnail by avmoran
Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Oh-Oh-Oh-Oh!

South Hamilton, MA

MTB seedling 'Twilight Calm'

Thumbnail by irisMA
Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Beautiful, and love the name.

Raleigh, NC

now THAT is an MTB I might buy.

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Oh My!! Where do I sign up to find some of these? Wonderful! Gorgeous! I just can't think of a good enough word to discribe these beautiful iris. I look out at my bare yard and hunger for spring so I can get busy buying and planting

Lebanon, OR

Wrong Song

Thumbnail by irisloverdee
Lebanon, OR

Witchs Cauldron

Lebanon, OR

Wild Frontier

Lebanon, OR

Whistle Twice

Lebanon, OR

Denver Delight

South Hamilton, MA

MTB is still a seedling, have to get enough increase to go on the market. Don't you love these medians which Dee has.

Lebanon, OR

I love all the medians...thank you Lucy

D

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I must adopt, Adopt Me. And most of the others. Oh dear, I am suffering big time from iris greed! Black Lightening and Grape Harvest are way up there on my very long list.

Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

Next to Arils Medians are my favoites probably because there is usually a wide variety of offsprings that you might get something you never thought you could. They take less space away from the arils and they are fun to play with.

This is my first MTB Seedling as you can see nothing special but I will continue to work with it since it is out of "Gypsy Queen" Salter 1859 She has great branching an increases but I stupidly tried something that was growing close "Ace" not a good choice I will try a new one in spring just don't know which one
A

Thumbnail by avmoran
South Hamilton, MA

Do you have Terry Varner's 'Astra Girl'? Amazing results with it. If not you will have to look for the plant, it no longer seems to be listed. Look for an MTB with wider petals. I have an intersting stripped sdlg. but it REALLY needs to have the form improved.

Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

No I will have to look for it. Thanks Lucy
:)
A

Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

Dainty Petit this is the one I was thinking of using or PUG

Thumbnail by avmoran
Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

PUG

Thumbnail by avmoran
South Hamilton, MA

I have not seen Dainty Petite--hybridizer? We lost Pug. I keep wanting to use 'think spring' but did not get a take with it last yr. Finally made progress with solid colors so will keep on with them, mainly using 'Astra girl' if it blooms, just got a new piece from a friend.

Raleigh, NC

Do you supposed we'll ever see a good photo of Wild Frontier? have never seen a photo of it that would cause me to buy it, a photo that does it justice. Even Dee's photo here is like that. I'm all agaga for it when it blooms, it's a wowser. It's just not photogenic.

Lebanon, OR

One of the best pictures of Wild Frontier was by the hybridizer...

South Hamilton, MA

Parents know the kids best.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.