I Have (Demi) Divine Socks!

Richmond, TX

Catscan came through; my (Demi) Divine Socks were at the post office this morning. They are lovely! I am so impressed! Beautiful colors, soft and warm - my first ever hand knitted socks. What ever can I do to reciprocate? I can't make flan. My cooking resembles a chemistry experiment - complete with the occasional explosion. I don't think flan ships well either. I guess I will just have to be eternally grateful. My own Divine Socks! I am speechless... Thanks, Catscan.

Thumbnail by porkpal
Southern NJ, United States(Zone 7a)

Oh, the socks are indeed divine! Surely you can return the favor, even if just by NOT sending her the flan....

And whatever happened to {{{the HAT for Moxie}}}?

Lodi, United States

Moxie has been in possession of her Horrible Hat for quite some time, g_g....how else to explain her sudden disappearance from the Forum?

Porkpal--you are so welcome...I hope they fit....you deserve nothing less for your heroic, selfless and marathon sulk.

Now, where are the other vict...err...recipients?

And here I never knew that Moxie had finally been gifted! All of her worst fears and the memory of those strange whispers finally did coalesce into The Hat. How did she take it, poor dear?

Richmond, TX

Shocked into silence? Stunned to seclusion? Appalled to the point of absence? Moxon where are you? We want to see the unique creation in use.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Porkpal - your divine socks are possibly exceeding divine. They may even be Super-Divine. A thrilling moment indeed, to receive them in the mail!

Yes, I have the hat. In fact, it is 2 hats, which are to be worn together, for full hideous effect. You will all be stunned. Things have been a little squirrelly in Iowa lately but I must get Kelly to take a photo of me as promised. I really will do it and I shall post the result on this very thread. You will not be disappointed...

I await the photo with bated breath.....(with a soupçon of garlic along with the bate....)

Lodi, United States

"Shame"---it's a beautiful thing....

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

True confession to Catscan.

I have worn the smaller of the 2 hats on 3 occasions now. In public. It is growing on me. :-)

Lodi, United States

Lichen-like....:0)

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

lol

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Lichen-like, but nicer, in a warm and fuzzy sort of way, which is clearly absent in lichen. Perhaps more like moss, then?

Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

very pretty socks. :)

Lodi, United States

Thank you, greykyttyn! Porkpal did an excellent job of sulking....Wren, too. And there are socks waiting for Wren to contact me....

Shall I lichen it to moss, then, Moxen?

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

i am here worse for ware but here. had surgery on shoulder last week. it is a pain to type one finger.

love the socks.

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

OHHHH HOW Divine!!!!!

Lodi, United States

MissJestr--you, too, are entitled to a pair of the demi-divine....it is like Dorothy in the Wizard of OZ--only they are socks, not ruby slippers, and you just have to contact the Wizard of Odd (me)....now that would just leave Dahlianut...the last of the Red Hot Sulkers....

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

Catscan, I would be truly honored to own such a divine pair.....

Lodi, United States

Just D-mail, Your Jestrness, and we can arrange their transfer...

Then my DH can stop asking who all the socks are for.....(Well, he really doesn't ask "For whom are all the socks?")

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

Oh OH my feet are so happy doing the happy dance... They will be warm this winter...

Lodi, United States

:0)

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Catscan.

That's Moxon. Not Moxen. Like Sox-on. Not Sox-en. Nobody puts their socks en every morning. They put them ON dear Catscan. Do pay attention.

However, your "lichen it to moss" comment makes up for your egregious spelling faux-pas.

But hail, did you notice, one of the persons injured in the Fort Hood incident was named Moxon, and indeed, they are from Lodi. That said, it is Lodi, Wisconsin, but still, I find this to be quite kismetical.

Agree you not?

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

Oh Miss Moxon... I await pictures of your hats?? I know I need glasses, but I dont think I missed them..I have not had all my grapey milk yet...

Richmond, TX

The hat, the hat, we want to see the hat!

Lodi, United States

{{{{Did you notice how she was unable to resist correcting my spelling? I drew her out with my subtle lures.....}}}}

Yes, Your Grand Wordiness...where is the HAT?

Lodi, United States

Lodi....Moxon....Lodi....Moxon....Lodi....Nope--don't seen it.....Now Wisconsin...Moxon...yep that's it. Definite karmic synergy there....

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

I have been told, that I can sulk with the best of them...
I can't have any chickens (in the city of Denton)...so, can I have some socks?
I was kidding...lol!

This message was edited Nov 7, 2009 2:05 AM

I do wonder where all this sulking occurred, and was it an equal-opportunity sulkfest or is there a geographical or orthographical delineation for such? I know that *I* was never invited to sulk. I do detect an orthographic thread weaving its way through all of this knitting....

And WHERE ARE THE PICTURES????

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

The barnyard fairy has been sighted in action, in her magical hats that serve also as an excellent cloaking device. Yes, the pictures have arrived...

She was seen this very morning doing the barnyard dance in Iowa.

Behold.

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Of course, she was in her classic chartreuse and pink fairy outfit, with the equally classic cape that we have all come to expect.

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

No slouch this fairy....she knows how to get her groove on....

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Truly, she is a dancing fool.

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

And now for something completely different, the Lichen Hat. Which I really rather like. By itself. It's funny, I almost feel like there is some kind of connection between the barn fairy and I, but I can't think what it would be.

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Lodi, United States

Oh the Humiliation! The Shame!

You see, I did show some restraint and eschewed the curly, twisty thing on the top....but my work here is done and I leave the field of battle with the righteous glow of the supremely victorious.

And it has been documented!

Lichen hat--good....HH, not so much....hee, hee, hee......

Now where is that Dahlianut?

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Yes...restraint....in a very tangential sort of way, you showed restraint...

The barnyard fairy has sent a message through me. She wants to know what size of needle you used for the hats, since they do seem to have a lovely "fast knit" sort of appearance to them, with the stitches being quite large. The BF likes fast.

Lodi, United States

You may tell the BF, my BFF, that the instructions...which were included, in a viral-sort-of-way...suggest size 11 needles with bulky wool. BUT I, despite a sad tendency to knit loosely, found size 13 necessary to get gauge. The damage may be easily accomplished in a single evening.

An exegesis on the origin of the Dispensation of the Socks may be found in a thread entitled "Divine Sock" or something to that effect. ZZ was the original author...

O how wonderful! The hat is fabulous and the fairy is the perfect foil for it. You're right, I do rather lich that lichen hat.

Off to cut up a deer. But thanks for the entertainment. The dance was lovely, too.

Clarkson, KY

Ooooooooh MY!!! So much beauty in the world and I go about missing it!! Truly I am in awe............

Lodi, United States

grow, you're back!

I was rather worried about you...what with g_g wandering around inexplicably dismembering large mammals....

Clarkson, KY

Ahh...but she has them to dismember...

Alas, alack, I have been in rather a foul mood...utterly different from the fowl one which preceded it. So while socky, yarny goodness lures me in...fowly goodness....well..........I have been lurking a bit. And missing you all a great deal. It is possible I have been the inadvertent perpetrator of a sustained sulk against fowl. Hopefully I will mature and get past this unacceptable behavior...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.