Cottage Gardening: Cottage Garden Seed Swap & Chat #44

Greenville, IN(Zone 6a)

Here you go:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1052786/

Kannapolis, NC

nbgard: Oink for your each of your sages and the nigella.

Perenniallyme: oinking for the corydalis lutea, crocosmia Emberglow, aconite and the Pavonia. (I got your D-mail)

North West, OH(Zone 5b)

Do we oink here or is there a special thread for that? Guess I'd better hop over to the Seed Trading Forum and see what's going on.

Oh boy oh boy!

(Daniel) Mount Orab, OH(Zone 6b)

Hi, everybody!

Here's what I have:
Marigolds(50 seeds per baggie):
Tangerine Gem(3)
Flagstaff(5)
Jaguar(4)
Scarlet Starlet(2)
Crackerjack(10)

MGs(10 seeds):
Bohemian Shades(1!)
Carnivale di Venezia (5)
Blue Star (1)

Zinnias(25 seed, approx)
Exquisite(4)
Canary Bird(3)
Fruit Smoothie(5)
Purple Prince(2)
Purity(2)
Envy(1!)
Cut and Come again (5)
'Amazing'(4) pic attached
Species, small flowered(15)
Species, large flowered(10)

Canturbury Bells(1 leftover Burpee packet)

25 seeds per:
'Pacific Beauty' Calendula (5)
Amaranthus cruenthus, (6)
'Pacific Beauty' Calendula (5)
Hollyhocks(12)
Larkspur(5)
'Taiyo' Sunflower (1!)
Celosia spicata(1!)

Star, when does the list thread start? It is nearly 7.

Thumbnail by DMgardener
Kannapolis, NC

Dasiys: Here's the link to the list thread:

Jamaica Plain, MA(Zone 6a)

DASIYS, it's already started. It's on the seed trading forum. There are 2 threads there - the list thread and the oinking thread.

Beaumont, TX(Zone 9a)

This message was edited Nov 1, 2009 6:19 PM

(Daniel) Mount Orab, OH(Zone 6b)

Am going now!

Greenville, IN(Zone 6a)

LOL I love it :)

Kannapolis, NC

Bowing out until later tonight,y'all. Suieeeeee!

hi all
i am getting ready to post my list later on this week..you all sure have some nice stuff to offer! i have asked for some seeds already.

Karen/bluespiral's dad passed away yesterday afternoon and she will not be able to come and chat for awhile.
I am passing on this news on her request to you all and my thoughts and prayers are with you Karen.

Lea/lebug my thoughts are with you too as you are going thru some changes in your life.

pam sue

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

PamSue... Thanks for letting us know. If you talk to her tell her thought sna dprayer s are beign sent her way and lot s of hugs and if she need s somethign just holler.

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Star, I have 5 kids of which 3 have "Hogs" and ride as much as weather and time allows here in Wi.
Guess they got it from my Dad as he and his brother had a "Hog" in the early 40ths.
Enjoy your time with your son.

Maxine

Greenville, IN(Zone 6a)

I just want to say thanks to you guys for the support I wish I could take you all with me to the deposition Wed. lol

I probably won't post any seeds until a little later this week maybe Thursday. Looks like you all are having a grand time I'm missing out I know lol I'm enjoying watching the piggies to the trough too much, this is my favorite part watching the newbies dive for the seeds!

Pamsue did you see all of the daylily seeds :)

I tried to get intouch with robin/dryad57 to let her know it's time.

Karen, my prayers and thoughts are with you I know this has got to be a hard time take care of yourself. A great big (((HUG))) for you!

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

hehehehe ya know they goign crazy with their reading and tryign to copy and post and get dmails done as fast as their little finger s wil fly.

Lebug.. Ya don't have to wait to get yoru seed s up to oink. Grab ya snack or two to hold ya. LOL Le bug. We all gona be ther e with ya, hanging onyoru shoulders and givign ya pats on th eback. I'll try an dbecareful and not drip any coffee on ya cuz wil have mien in to go with me. ; )

Maxine. Wow. Ya got a biker family for sure. My son had never been on bike before til he bought one. Sinc e ya got so many in family. Sinc e he gonan be gone for almost 2 years, doesn't he ned to get it store d up in air or something so the tires don't rot. I hoping his dad wil take his bike out every so often to keep it maintained.

Greenville, IN(Zone 6a)

I'm not worried about seeds Star but thank you I'm sure there will be enough later on :) I don't have the time to even go in today and would rather get my seeds ready for the other piggies it's so much fun watching them rolling around in the mud and sliding to the trough LOL That's the part I love the most about this seed swap.

Gotta get my roots done and a man is coming to look at my stove this evening and I have a guy that's suppose to move in for a couple of months today so trying to get ready for that too :) Plus I haven't sprayed my plants yet to bring in the house we had a pretty good frost last night I covered my potted up elephant ears up with a fleece blanket they must have been pretty warm they looked good this morning lol I've got to remember to get something to spray them with in town today before I lose them all on the front porch! I've already had a black widow on the tv from bringing in an elephant ear from a trade, it was from here I'm sure I had already potted it up! I hope that's the last pretty scary! Those plants aren't coming in until they are taken care of lol

Thanks Star lol I'll try and visualize all you piggies being there if I'm not too nervous lol It would be sure to make me smile!

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Lebug.. Oh geez............... Glad you foudn that guy. That why I onyl bring a fe w thinsg in at a time. Have Black widow s here too. Not onyl that harder than heck tryignto chase the lzards aroudn that hide and coemin on the plants. Little stinerks are quick silver when ya try and catch them.

For myself and for the swap I got some Verbascum Temptress White seeds. Anybody grown them before. I wa s todl they woudl be good for containers, but now I see they cna get up to abotu 2 and a half feet and wonderign if they such a good ide a for container s after all . Have no ide a yet oif they even gona grow here yet. Not even sur e when to plant them.

Bad enough I gott a shop when I see a pretty face, then have sale s reps talk and I buy too. Now have no ide a what I did buy. LOL It seed so as logn as it that I good to go. : )

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Star, will call my youngest son tonight and ask him. Wished I had read your question as he was just down here.

Maxine

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Thanks Maxine. He gonan be goen for at least 18 months and I know regula r car tire s if they sit to long go dry rotted and don't want that happenign to his bike and I knwo he don't knwo hwo to take care of it yet.

Hey all of you stray dogs - oops, I mean little piggies to be, where are you? You're missing out on the feeding frenzy, so c'mon over to the trough - and bring your lists with you too - us hawgs is hungry!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1052923/

You can drop off your lists here:

Kannapolis, NC

I'll edit my list as soon as I can get back on for more editing. I met my quota last night and so far haven't been able to do any more.

Angie, I have the same problem. I have about 30 more packs oinked that I have to add.
I was thinking there may be some lost people over here who might not have found the swap threads.

Kannapolis, NC

Good idea, Sharon. I'm trying to check out all the threads!

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

I will be adding to my list either tomorrow or Wednesday. I still have some seeds to go thru, plus add some seed packs that i got last year and can not use.

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

I waitign for edit tiem to be up too. Bitign my finge rnails whiel I wait and just knwo a s soon a s folsk ccan edit the piggie s wil all be flying aroudn the trough liek crazy again.

In between sitting here puttign more seed on a document to transfer.

Soem piggie s will probably jon later and soem that signe d up at beginign wil probably not even play now. Figure once we mroe or les s get evrybody onboard then I brign out soem of of the good stuf f, sit back and watch evreybody fight. Love a good piggy fight heheheheheh.

Kannapolis, NC

Good information, because I have ordered some seeds and I'll have more to share later. Still can't edit.

Simpsonville, SC(Zone 7b)

Urrgh, I still can't either, and I'm SURE I was sound asleep by 10:45 last night... something's weird...

Kannapolis, NC

Finally was able to edit this morning, considerably more than 24 hours. Tonight I'll post an updated list of who's receiving what from me and what I'm receiving from everyone.

Ta-ta, piggies!

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Hey if all would, keep Carolyn/ MDREAMS01 that hang s out her e with us all in prayer too.

It bene just a year sinc e she lost her son, and two weeks agao lost her belive it was nephe w , has granddaughter that she take s of soemtiem s in hospital yesterday and her sister died just a little bit ago today and she has the flu and broncitis on top of it all.

She don't post a whoel lot on her e, cuz she so shy, but she been following alogn with evrybody everyday for many years now on this thread.

tcs... Are you around????? Haven't seen ya past coupel days and gettign worrie d abotu you too.

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Tcs, just got back from Wisc.

Maxine

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Thanks maxine. Appreciate it. Was gettign worrie d abotu her. : ) That a releif off my mind. Was missign her big time.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

all the flowers in this photo were from Piggy Swaps....

Thumbnail by tcs1366
Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

this one too, with the exception of the Veronica Darwins Blue

Thumbnail by tcs1366
Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Thumbnail by tcs1366
Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

here are the Yellow Upright Coneflowers/Mexican Hats -- i have lots of seeds.

Thumbnail by tcs1366
Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

tcs... What combo is in that firt pic. Boy that pretty. Ya outta post a coupel of them pic s on the swap thread too. When ya get time.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

well star... i first thought about posting them there, but figured that was for "swapping" and not to clutter up the thread with pics.

Image #1 -- Gloriosa Daisy, White Yarrow [though there is some Pastel in there too] Blue Cornflower [blue bachelor buttons] , Coreopsis and 1 Mexican Hat in the lower right corner.

Image #2 -- Mostly Husker Red and White Yarrow, with the Veronica 'Darwins Blue'

Image #3 -- same bed as #1, just a different angle.

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

go ahea d and put them on there. lot s of new folsk that may not have any ide a abotu cottage gardening and with pic s cna get ideas and then oink for them.

I gonan go huntign for soem of them plants. Sure is pretty combo. I bad with tryign to make combos. Had to get Critter to help me some last year.

Greenville, IN(Zone 6a)

Carolyn, I'm so sorry just know that you are in my thoughts and prayers :)

Lea

Kannapolis, NC

Carolyn: T&Ps going up for you tonight! {{{{Hugs}}}}

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.