Impatiens for 2010 - Anyone?!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

nice boo boo!!!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Been bringing plants fromt he viranda to the back door of the house to bring indoors. day or so ago I dug imps from my cutting garden to bring in... I need to prune this baskets... theyare going on a plant stand in one of my bedrooms...

Thumbnail by BLOSSOMBUDDY
Stewart, TN

How exactly do you over-winter them?

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Im putting them on a three teir shelf plant stand with regular florescent lights, run the lights 8-10 hours a day and water as usual. I end up doing cuttings later. I use super thrive fertilizer indoors.
They keep growing! if an imp goes dormant, chaulk it as dead.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

quite a few containers there

Stewart, TN

Your plants are lucky to have you!

I gotta tell you this story: Years ago before I retired I accepted a job in Kotzebue, Alaska, in the Arctic. In the office I inherited this large and somewhat woebegone impatiens plant . When the Arctic night approached I wondered if the poor thing would survive. I didn't want to throw it out because it was the only green living creature I had in all the ice and snow. Fortunately, Kotzebue is lower Arctic, not higher, and the "night" is more like weeks of twilight. To my total astonishment, the impatiens not only survived, it greeted the spring with bright new flowers. Ever since then, impatiens have been high on my list of respect and appreciation.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

one of my now bloomers! The pinks, magenta and orange are going great too. My double pepermint rose imp though is reluctant to bloom.. maybe later

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Gotta water today

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Watered and pruned what a mess!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.