Flowerpot Cafe #25

london England, United Kingdom

Candee, you should try the Broccoli soup, it might make you better sweetie!

OHHHhhhh look what I found from last year ........hahhaha!!

Thumbnail by terriculture
Christchurch, New Zealand

how about some pumpkin & peanut butter soup (___)?
I had it many years ago & it was yummy, but the lady of the house wouldn't give me the recipe.
Hope the knee is coming along Terri -I have seen a few people going through recovery from knee or hip surgery at the RSA - biggest thing is to take it slowly.
We hire out mobility scooters which helps.
Although one chap has never given his up..
in hindsight he would have been better off without it.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Breads coming. Dont know whose making it though! Im still in the closet digging for the lil tree!

DaRn that Broomhilder, she left her pumpkins here....

Dig, dig, shuffle shuffle....

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

http://www.fabulousfoods.com/recipes/article/210/18717 Servings: 12
Author Notes: The combination of peanut butter and cream, makes this unusual soup very rich. It goes together in a snap for an elegant first course. A hollowed out fresh pumpkin shell makes a unique serving tureen
Ingredients: 1 medium onion
2 stalks celery
4 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons flour
5 cups chicken or vegetable stock
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 can (29 ounces) pumpkin
OR equivalent fresh cooked pumpkin
1/2 cup half & half
1/2 teaspoon cayenne
1 tablespoon coriander
1 1/2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
salt and pepper to taste
Instructions: 1. Finely mince the onion and celery and garlic.

2. Melt the butter in a stock pot and sauté the onion, celery and garlic in the butter for about five minutes or until soft.

3. Add flour and stir for a minute or two until it's dissolved.

4. Add the stock, followed by the remaining ingredients, whisking the mixture so it remains smooth.

5. Simmer for about fifteen minutes and serve.

YUMMY!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Well Merry Christmas to you Zany Mouse and dalfyre!

Jingle bells, pumkin smells, laughing all the way....

Yeah right.. If ya can hear me, Im behind box 47and a pile of pumpkins still searching for old tanamban or how ever ya spell it! LOL!

Dig, dig, shuffle shuffle.. oooops......

Um terri, watch out for that..........

slime!

Aww jeez, now ya got punkin seeds in yer hair.. I warned you....

This message was edited Dec 2, 2009 2:43 PM

Hi dalfyre and Zany, season's greeting's to you both!
Nice to have new soup alternatives, that one sounds great.

Oh Blossom, and I just washed my hair... oh dear, another bad hair day .. lol!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Well, girl, that one was not my fault! Broomhilder and her stinking punkins.. She forgot to pacj them in her Hope chest....

Well anyway, I found the lil tree!

Heres a towel, you look silly!

Ok thanks!

Where's the lil tree?

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

ina barrel!

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Lovely wreath. : )

Now for the dumb question what doe s an Avent wreath mean?

I grabbign that cup of coffee for sure. It freezing here and windy and evrythign soggy from the 4 inche s of rain we got the past coupel of days and mroe comign tommorrow. I need a boat.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Definition of an Advent Wreath coming right up... go here!

And Merry Christmas every one!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advent_wreath

(finger to mouth in hushed hush voice.........careful what you wish for...He's watching!)

La la la la la la....JOY TO THE WORLD!....Sing sing sing a song Happy are we for it will not be long... hohoho!!

Thumbnail by BLOSSOMBUDDY

Jingle bells

blossom smells!!!

jingle all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH WHAT FUN it is to ........

have our flowerpot cafe' hey! good evening ladies, come in for a warm up!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

LOL!! whadda
I smell like???

Heres yer veggie cocoa

Thumbnail by BLOSSOMBUDDY
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Hi everyone, thanks for all the medicinal remedies, I feel better already.
Elle, thanks for the huggy bears I can't believe they didn't sell, they will make a wonderful surprise for someone.
Zany, now that is some concoction with peanut butter, perhpas will give it a whirl sometime, have you I assume you have?
Terri, even on a bad hair day you manage to make it look fab! Wild, but fab.
BB, did you go and leave that zebra bra on the tree again lat year? I don't recall having seen it - that table dancin has got to stop.
Dalfyre, these gals really get outta hand sometimes LOL.
Now I know I have been a bit lax while under the weather, but I promise to have the new Christmas cafe up and running by Sunday, I have some great ideas just need to take the time to put them together and it is a bit chilly outside!

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Elle.. Cut e bears. Have ya thought abotu maybe puttign them for sale up on Daves Marketplace. Ya never knwo ya might sell some on there. : )

With it being holiday season folks might be lookign for bears for Christams presents. Somethign to think abotu anyways.

Lol. Now I gona be singing that jingle with blossom smells. all day ; )

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Haighr, that is not my size...and whats that hanging next to it girlfriend? Gads, disgusting MJ's pix on the bottom of.......

Both those things have got to go into the fire. Fritz, my good man, will you to the honors?

TOSS>>>>>
e-yuk, ga-ross ick ick ick!

And while yer at it, clean up that derned blob on the rocks out there. .man thats gotta go. You can use those two things for rags if you will first.

POOF!....hmmm whered I go?

Greetings!!!!

UUuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmm, CHOCOLATE!!!! she smells like chocolate!!!! nice.

Well, the thing is, ... and .... then ....... well, I just couldn't believe what I was seeing !

and ............. anyway,,,,,,, phew!!!! you know what I mean???????? shhhhhhhheesh!

So Star, Jingle bells Blossom smells .... now we who why!!!! ay? ... say no more!!!! tee heee

so now she's hanging around with that 'friend' toy boy from FLORIDA !!!!!!!!!

laters!

shhh ssssshhh ...... she's coming .......

Humansville, MO

hi all
thank-you for the idea
i sold 1 bear
the one with the black hat
it is cold here 9 this morning
got to work the next two day
elle

Hi elle, that's good news selling a bear! Keep warm and say hi from England to the old folks!

Candee, hope you are getting better? I'm looking forward to seeing the new Christmas Flowerpot Cafe', will it still be on Cyber St? I've heard the desporados rival is closin' down???

Dalfyre, I should have listened to you! I was doing so well, and now it's swollen up again. I know!!! slowly slowly haha!
Is it nearly summer for you now? it's freezin here.

CrazyZanyHair!!! what would you like for christmas? you looked fabulous last year in the jingle outfit we all had!

no Blossom yet?

Anyone seen Plantgeek, Steven, Dianne?

Christchurch, New Zealand

terri - go easy on that knee...
here's some flowers to enjoy, sweet peas are very slow away this year because it's been cold & wet through spring.

Thumbnail by dalfyre
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Elle congrats on the sale, and that is a great idea to try Daves Marketplace for them as well.
Dalfyre what a lovely springy surprise for us here in the freeze zone!
BB - are you sure that isn't yours? I was sure I saw you in it at one of our bashes???
So everyone grab some ornaments and Christmas gifts and arrangements and lets get the season started.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1060757/

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

I'm thinkin'of something subtle this year...maybe a nice chartruce and lilac stripe with a red and gold boa. I'd like lots of reindeer bells at the hem and the cuffs...I might top it off with a silver and gold trimmed elf's cap and a pair of leopard print spiked heel boots. I wouldn't want anything too flashy you know, being the shy and mousy type that I am ;~)

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Yep shy and mousy ^_^ That is why we are so much alike Zany. Bring your getup on over the the Christmas cafe and have a cuppa and perhaps put that boa on the tree?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.