Squirrel Pics VOL.12

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

He's a fat boy!!!

Sandusky, OH

Quote from VA_Wild_Rose :
He's a fat boy!!!

Yes all 3 are fat, we have apples,pears,walnuts,acorns,corn, and anything they can get to by the feeder's. The one took 3 ears of field corn up into the tree and didn't eat them and wouldn't let the other's in his tree. lol

Dover AFB, DE(Zone 7a)

LOL! at that one guarding "his" stash-tree! I loved spoiling my squirrels and chipmunks in Missouri too. They are such fun to watch.

I left Fred a big chunk of butternut squash today... we haven't seen him in a couple days.

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Hope he find that lunch WildRose, Mine aren't coming anymore. I'm afraid they have become victim to something.
Burd you really spoil them don't you? Your a great host. lol

Sandusky, OH

Quote from burn_2007 :
Burd you really spoil them don't you?

Actually no, there is a large Walnut tree, a couple of acorn tree's plus a few apple tree's... I do throw out an ear or 2 of corn so they cant say I didn't give them nothing.lol Once you start feeding/spoiling squirrel's you will regret it. My deceased FIL, always told me "don't feed the squirrel's" and I learned the hard way that he was right. They tore the screen's up on the door while begging for food.

Sandusky, OH

Not so Innocent lol.

Thumbnail by Burd_Fotos
Essex Junction, VT(Zone 4a)

Well better they are fat to get through the winter, right?

we got quite a lot of snow, and between last week and this week it is really piling up. This squirrel decided to tunnel from the tree to the feeders. My cat and I had fun watching it pop up its head every now and then, I guess to keep an eye out.

Thumbnail by evie_beevie
Sandusky, OH

Nice capture Evie! That would have been fun to watch for sure. lol

I think this one was trying to tell me he had heartburn. lol

Thumbnail by Burd_Fotos
Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

HA!! Nice one!

Melbourne, FL

Love that last shot, Burd!

Three shots of my group of 4...#4 would not cooperate!

Thumbnail by nanny_56

at dish #2

Thumbnail by nanny_56

under the birdfeeder....as you can see no cute poses or anything! lol

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Dover AFB, DE(Zone 7a)

It looks like they are too busy eating. Must be cold. It is 10 am here and it has warmed up to -4. This is a tough winter everywhere.

Sandusky, OH

Nice shots Nanny! Mine were hiding for the most part today, an immature Bald Eagle flew real low above the yard (just above the tree's). I would've hid too. lol

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Still very nice Nanny.

Sandusky, OH

So that's what those knots on the branch are for. lol

Thumbnail by Burd_Fotos

Oh that is cute & Funny!

On its way to the feeder....LOL!

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Sterling, VA(Zone 7a)

My feeder not too long ago.
1stPic

Thumbnail by Snug_As_Bug_Rug
Sterling, VA(Zone 7a)

I had suspicions about what critter may have done this, but now I know for sure!!

2nd Pic - Caught in the Act!

Thumbnail by Snug_As_Bug_Rug

Yup...I know how it is. Between the squirrels and the raccoons I have had more broken feeders this year then I care to count!

Chase is on!!

Thumbnail by nanny_56

la la la la la.........

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Sandusky, OH

This one is from the Marsh, some people like to feed the Squirrel's, and this one has not missed out.

Thumbnail by Burd_Fotos
Melbourne, FL

I love how the squirrels seem to pack away food for the winter. Anybody remember that cute Rubbermaid commercial from years past where the squirrel is storing away his nuts in them?

Burd... he sure hasn't missed many handouts!

Sandusky, OH

Quote from VA_Wild_Rose :
Burd... he sure hasn't missed many handouts!

He was very friendly, he thought I had something for him, he look's like 3lb's plus, biggest one at the Marsh.

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Oh Snug, What a nasty little one, that was. sorry about your feeders.
Your little chubby, make me smile, Burd Very cute.
LOL Nanny, some great teasers in the yard, there.

Sandusky, OH

Today was a day for squirrel's. Normally I have the usual 3 but around 8 more showed up today, don't know why, maybe their hungry, but my 3 fought tooth and nail, to cover their ground and it got quite chaotic and they barked and chased each other for hours. Have a shot of (I think) is one of my regulars chasing an intruder. Look at the look on his face, he was not happy. lol

Thumbnail by Burd_Fotos
Melbourne, FL

Nice shot! I love the color of your squirrels.

I had a couple extras yesteday....I do think the bad weather brought them in.

Sandusky, OH

Said he used to have gas heat.

Thumbnail by Burd_Fotos
Melbourne, FL

So cute! At least he has a house!

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Cute Burd. He looks nice and comfy in there.

LOL!!!

Sandusky, OH

Funny, when I walked passed his box a little later he had put leaves in front of the opening. lol

Dover AFB, DE(Zone 7a)

How funny!

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Just finally havign time to catch up. Amd oh my I laughign ym hea d off and choking on my coffee whiel I read and look at the pics.

great shot s and stories. : )

My gang is all back in full force and think sicne the neighborhood took down so many tree s they brought their cousins a dn their cousins brother s alogn to munch too. Ya can't tun anywher e in the yard without havign groups of them runnign for t he tres all ov er the place til they realiz e it just me and go back to eating.

Oh, oh... I didn't realiz e they would eat squash. I got some squash seed and been plannignon wher e I wa s gonna grow it this year. Loosk liek I gona have to coem up with soem sort of plan.

Oh yes...they will eat almost any kind of seeds!! Good Luck with tthat Starlight...lol!

Heading back home after getting its belly full.....

This message was edited Jan 13, 2010 10:45 PM

Thumbnail by nanny_56

This is one of our ornery ones....I am always chasing it off the suet feeder!

Thumbnail by nanny_56

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.