Squirrel Pics VOL.12

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Who won GP? LOL

Melbourne, FL

I Did! He was much too focused on the nuts!

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

snicker.. snicker... ; )

Melbourne, FL

This one was on a drainspout.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

These 2 were chasing each other around & around and up & down this tree one day!

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Cute pics!

Hope ya all and all yoru critter s had a Happy Thanksgiving!

Looking for leftovers under the birdfeeder!

Thumbnail by nanny_56

Last sunday it was so warm that the chipmunk came out for a bit. Unlike today where the high was 38...yuck! This seems to be one of the babies from this summer...it is a little on the small side. This is just before dark...it seemed to really enjoy the day!

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Nice to see the little chippy. He does look kinda small!
We had that warm spell too for about a week, It's getting cold again, flurries in the forecast for tomorrow. Hard to make the switch.

Melbourne, FL

That chipmunk is so cute, I just want to pick him up and hug him.....but he would probably bite me...ouch!

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

I am amazed at how toiny ther e hands are. watche d the one that like sot sun himself on my back porch. When I went to check mail today scare d one of my chippie s that wa s by my car. They gettign braver travelign out and abotu the yard further.

Gonan go see the Chimpunk show when it coems out aroudn the holiday. Wonder if we coudl teach our chippie s to danc e and sing like Alvin and them LOL

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

:)) let us know if you succeed at it, Starlight.

I Love the Chipmunk Christmas song!!!

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Went out to get the mail and had wondere d why the mail lady was driving all weird ove r the yard and was hopign she wouldnt driv e in flower bed then when I got to drive way seen I had a big tree branch down and oen poor squirrels nest along with it.

I move d the big branchout of the way. and left all the leave s on the ground and little sticks. Not sur e if they could rebuild with the same materials or not.

Also my adult squirrels are comign back. Looke dotu the yard and boy they all ove r the plac e hunting and digger and burying nuts.

Got oen who at a whoel flat of strawberry runenrs I had planted. Oh I wa s not a happy camper and I stood out ther e and yappe d right back at it whiel it wa s chewign me out for disrupting its dinenr.

Goign crazy cuz the danr cats from up the hill are not onyl huntignmy squirrels but the chippie s too. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

it oen thign for me to fuss abotu my critter s but the eighbors pets shoudlnot be huntign and killing my critters.

I threw a bunch of frozen blueberrie s that I half thawed otu the back door by the are a wher e my one chippy like s to bath and sun, but do they not like them cuz they stil all there?

Not sure if chippies eat blueberries or not. Squirrels can be aggravating for sure. Mine broke another feeder. So for now any way I am not goin to try to put another one up to replace it. I have plenty....but more is always better!!

BIG stretch & yawn! LOL

Thumbnail by nanny_56

Then it headed for the suet feeder for breakfast....

Thumbnail by nanny_56

The came over to look at me thru the window!!

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Melbourne, FL

opening feeder.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

enjoying a nut.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

sweet pose.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

who? me?

Thumbnail by gardenpom

ain't that sweeet!!

One of mine making it clear that it is NOT gonna share with the crow.....

Thumbnail by nanny_56

Nope, still not done....

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Just catching up here.

Such great pics. Mine have been uiet today and I foudn out why none wer eon the ground or makign nois e in the trees.

Ha d abig blakc snake out front here whe re they all hang out. Scare d the daylight sout of me cuz i thought it was my lizard rustling the leaves.

Hope my squirrels and especially the chippie s are gonan be ok and the snake don't get them.

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Gp, they pose so well for you!!! love the expressions on it's face.
Nanny, funny, how they seem to want to control everything, no matter what's in their way, or what danger, they may face. Daring little thing!!
Starlight are the black snake poisonous? Hope your not in any danger.

Sterling, VA(Zone 7a)

Who Me??

Thumbnail by Snug_As_Bug_Rug

HA!! I am familar with that look!

Sandusky, OH

Nice Squirrel Shots All! A few pictures from different times.

Red Squirrel from Old Woman's Creek

Thumbnail by Burd_Fotos
Sandusky, OH

Chipmonk from same place.

Thumbnail by Burd_Fotos
Sandusky, OH

Fox Squirrel

Thumbnail by Burd_Fotos
Sandusky, OH

Last one FSQ

Thumbnail by Burd_Fotos
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Your last one has a nice comfy coat on!:))
I love the red Squirrel and chipmunk, they are smaller and have a cute face .

Dover AFB, DE(Zone 7a)

That red one looks so tiny compared to what I'm used to seeing. (South Missouri Ozarks, Ark, LA, TX)

That fox squirrel looks like he hasn't missed many meals ^_^

Sandusky, OH

I have 3 Fox Squirrel's, and a Gray. They are all disgusted with me because they cant get to the bird food, they try to put the (cute look on) but too bad. lol

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

awwwwwwwwwwwww how can ya not fall for the cut e look. hehehehehhe . I do everytime. I a softy. Whiel I have fit s at the mes s they make of my plants and such, I still out ther e trying to spoil them.

Now that it colder, my adults that were off somewhere are back. I go otu the door and by squirrels start runnign and jumping everywhere.

I surprised my oe chipmunk doesn't have laregitis. Sheesh sometimes it gets out there and just make s such a racket for so long. Have leare d though when I hear it goign and goign and going that one of neighbors cats is in yard and will go out and chase it off to help my chippies.

Thanks for sharing Burd! Not much happening here. I only have a group of 4 this winter. They just pretty much come and eat then leave. No hanging around and being cute for me! lol

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

This is Fred... Fred is NOT a bird, but comes up side by side with the birds to our third floor balcony feeders!
He is not sharing his secret though, as he has not invited friends or family... yet!

Thumbnail by VA_Wild_Rose
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Fred is a good boy, for not sharing his secret. Wild Rose, he deserve to have some neat treats.
Starlight, you seem to have, some great adventures, going on in your yard. They put you through quite a range of emotions.

Sandusky, OH

Was using a 500mm MF lens, only shot I got with it, but not bad.

Thumbnail by Burd_Fotos
Sandusky, OH

Crop turned out ok too. He was about 30feet away.

Thumbnail by Burd_Fotos

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.