Squirrel Pics VOL.12

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

The old thread was getting a bit long so time for a new one...Just in time for fall!!

We came from here if you would like to go back

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1014502/

This message was edited Oct 7, 2009 7:30 PM

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

I see that yours still likes apples Nanny. I have a young raccoon, coming every evening, when it is still light out. Took a few videos of it.
GP that was a neat one at the self feeding feeder.

A chippy in Sept.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Thanks for makign a new thread. : )

I have a new critter. At first I thought it was a chipy, but then I seen the tail. It all fluffy. I now have a ground squirrel. Don't knwo anythign abotu them, but first he wa s up unde r th epallets udner the strawberry patch which has straberries all on it and then he was over in the hostas.

Do they just eat nuts like the squirrells do. And I do I knwo what ther e hoem looks like?

I need to fil in hoels and stuff and so confused cuz dont knwo which place s the chipy using and now the ground squirrel and the mole or volve I got eastign my Daylilie s I just put in the ground and it ate all my Dahlias.

I was watchign oen of my squirrels yesterday and wondere d what was he doing with an empty pot that was turne d on it side. he had stuffed leave s in it and in teh leave s he had hidden mushroons for storga e and was munchign on them.

Then this mornign seen another squirrell digging a little in the dirt un coverign the mushrooms it had buried. Man oh man they sur e do liek them white mushroom. If I cna everv get ahold of one before they do than I cna fidn otu which kind it is and grow soem mroe for them.

I don't know about ground squirrels....up here another name for chipmunks is ground squirrels. So I am not sure what you have or what they eat. Though I would imagine seeds and nuts would be in it's diet.

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Just caught up with bottom of othe r thread. Ha d enough power to load it. Susan sorry to here of the little fellow s demise. As much a s mine all drive me crazy and I threaten them, they spoile d and miss them when they not around.

I just notice d that the phot contest is going on. Are any of you submittign pics? I sur hope so cuz there sure of soem good one s here.

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

We'll just call him "Three Toes"...

Thumbnail by VA_Wild_Rose

HI, wild rose!! Cute one!

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Like the squeezed in shot Wild-Rose

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Wild Rose. great shot. Looks liek it thinks ya can't see me. Almost loosk liek it stuck there.

I had fits and a half Sunday mornign with mine. The nut s are droping off the trees big time now and have squirrell that liek s to get on roof of car and eats nut s off of there. was all dresse d up to head to church and had arm all full and was tryign to open car door and got a handleful of poop. darn thing had messe d all down sid e of window and on door handle. And with al the rain it was mushy and stuck.

Now somebody needs to tell thes e guys abotu sanitation. Sheesh. Do I have to eave mini rolls of toliet paper on roof of car now too. LOL

Hot Springs Village, AR(Zone 7b)

Cold lunch.

Thumbnail by nford

LOL....that is too funny starlight!!

nford..is that today???

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

LOL Starlight, I can see it now, " Toilet Paper for Squirrel, for Sale!"
Nford, snow on the ground!!! Brrrr. We had sleet Sunday, but no accumulation.

I came across this little one on my walk Thursday. It must be a late summer baby. Its tail was twice as big as its body!!

Thumbnail by nanny_56

I was sitting on the front porch watching these 2 play on the trees!

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Melbourne, FL

Here's one hangin' around.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

Too cute!

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Ha ha, so cute, they are both funny pose, GP.
Nanny I like that when they chase each other around, It amazing how agile they are in the trees.

ahhh...nothing like a good stretch!

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

They all great photos and that GardenPom one is very cute. Like it saying I just a sweet lil' thing. hehehehehhe

Well I no longer have my groudn squirrel. Was up set the other day. Was moving plants back into gh and as was rechign for oen set of plants happene d to look down at buckets that w as ther e catchign rain water and foudn it drowene d dead in the bucket.

Have no idea how it got there or why. We had all them days of rain adn water everywhere and I even have a sandbox that empty that is fileld with rain water for the squirrels to drink especially durign drought conditions. I felt so bad f or it. Took it up and gave it a little burial. ; (

Oh I am so sorry Starlight. :(

They will jump into buckets looking for food...but if there is water in it they can't jump back out and they will drown. Sweet of you to bury it.

Melbourne, FL

Squirrel getting a peanut from the munch box.

Thumbnail by gardenpom

I am going to get me one of those someday!!

Headin' in....

Thumbnail by nanny_56

Burying a nut....pat it down good!

This message was edited Oct 25, 2009 8:56 PM

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

LOL.. I love watchign them do the patty cake thing. I saw my chippy the other day. Was out runnign around by the berry patch. Wonderign if it what eatign just the bottom half of all my berries and not leavign me any.

I dont' knwo what up with my squirrels. Just the babie s here and they act so something. They goign aroudn liek there no food at all and yet ther e hudnreds of thousands of nut s all on the ground. They not even tryign to bury them for winter yet. It puzzlign to be sure.

Melbourne, FL

Squirrel at the munch box. I like the paw pressed against the plastic.

This message was edited Nov 4, 2009 1:43 PM

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

You got a nice feature of the squirrel, GP, lovely little paw!

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

awwwwwwww. cute. : )

Now that the leave s are startignto fall from the trees. Man oh man all squirrel nests evrywhere I see. One hanging out so far on a branch and so big I surprise d it hasn't fallen down yet.

I got not oen chippy but two. I surp[rise d them and they surprise d me. Laughe dmy hea d off watchign oen try and stuff his face. he finalyl foudn a walnut small enough for him to carry probably bakc to the den and the other one playe d peek a boo with me for awhile .

I got a feelign soon my yard gona be the oyl oen with squirrels and critter s in. More and mroe of the neighbor s are takign down their trees. Pien s and oaks alike. It a real shame. Hard enoughas it is for the critter s to find food and now gonna be even less.

Cute pic burn!

Glad you have 2 chippies starlight! I don't understand why people hate having trees in their yards. No trees = no life in the yard to me! Whever built our house only left 2 trees on the lot. We have planted 2 more and I would still like to add some type of conifer or pine tree.

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Sorry Nanny, it's not mine, but GP's pic. I haven't seen the squirrels for some time now. I kinda miss them.
Starlight, It's a pity to see trees coming down in the yards. They are so important, they filter the air, provide shelter, and food for wildlife.
I like you, have a neighbor who cut down a beautiful Mountain Ash a few weeks ago. I'm almost certain, it's because, they didn't want the birds eating the berries, and making a mess to their yard. That tree was so gorgeous, wish it had been in my yard. A few years back they did the same thing to a wonderful well shaped Blue Spruce, because they had Grackles making nests in it. I 've seen them hitting the tree with a broom, to try to scare them away.

Ooops senior moment there!

Well GP great pic!

Hot Springs Village, AR(Zone 7b)

A picture of determination. Two squirrel baffles and a raccoon baffle wasn't keeping this guy out. (And the tree in the background isn't as close as it looks, but these guys can jump!)

Thumbnail by nford

They are amazing aren't they!! I had one break the cord on a feeder this weekend to get it down. Between them and the raccoons I am just about to give up having a feeder in one spot.

Thumbnail by nanny_56

Guilty party????

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

I know you all love squirrels as much as i do, so I wanted to share something kinda special with you!

We went to Chincoteague Island, VA this weekend.... one of our favorite places to visit!

This is the Delmarva Fox Squirrel... an endangered species that can only be found on the Delmarva Penninsula in protected areas such as Chincoteague NWR and Blackwater NWR.

This was the first time I had gotten a glimpse of them, and was lucky enough to get a few good shots of one.

Thumbnail by VA_Wild_Rose
Melbourne, FL

Here's a squirrel with a Brazil nut. They love when the fall nuts are available....I spoil them!

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Wild Rose. neat that ya got the shot. Sure looks a bit diferent from the squirrels ya see all ove r the place. Coloring looks even differnt. Glad to see it protected. It a shame any animal has to go into extinction or be protected.

Treasure that Wild Rose...

Melbourne, FL

Squirrel staring contest.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Hahahhaha it says no way you gonan win that contest for sure. LOL

Oh yeah...been there! LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.