Flowering in Australia *October 2009*

I have learned how to put pictures in but bo oh boy talk about going around and around any way here are the usual suspects after horror winds /dust etc like all of you ^_^

Thumbnail by

unbelievable ...fragance wafting around even in the howling wind from that pink honey suckle.

Thumbnail by

roses jostling with the boges (the smaller birds love this huge thorny area) they dart in and out escaping both cats and larger birds. I often find tiny nests in there when chopping back stray canes. The very fragrant lamarque ...smells of channel no 5

Thumbnail by

And boges jostle with each other ...the lovely yellow making it's spring appearance (this one is no longer bred a grower told me) a great shame because it's beautiful.

Thumbnail by

Of course here is Clementine a darling little brugmansia (Alistairs)

Thumbnail by

Ginko leafing out

Thumbnail by

more roses ....mmmm

Thumbnail by

Brugmansia Glass House Angel noid

Thumbnail by
Inland S.E QLD , Australia

Frosty pink in all it's glory....It is a cold morning here again...weird weather!

Thumbnail by brical1

not just weird ...the awful winds are very destructive ...these winds bring fire if you don't get rain ...
my Brugmansia Dreamtime noid surviving ...

Thumbnail by

clementine chatting to glasshouse angel noid

Thumbnail by

Clementine sitting pretty (sheltered from the worst wind by the other plants)

Thumbnail by

a lovely sunny bloom is clementine

Thumbnail by
Merino, Australia

Watch that girl Clementine, Chrissy. I see her making eyes at GHA. Maybe golden babies later. Jean

NW Sydney NSW, Australia

Judy, good looking 'Frosty Pink'! Chrissy, the cuttings you sent of your FP have been grown at one of our facilities in an area where the residents can't access. They ate doing very well and have reached "Y" stage, so hopefully blooms soon. 'Clementine is looking great. I can't wait for our plant to open in bloom. Presently about 20 cigar like buds, so will be beautiful when out.

Today 'Alphonse Mucha' had it's first flower open! I have planted it next to my own 'Berocca', so the two will be lovely together.

The winds have been constant here, and I dread finding broken canes full of buds. A gardener's lot! So far the opium poppies have been the only casualties, with the odd Brug branch here and there.

Thumbnail by WayneCarter
NW Sydney NSW, Australia

Some more poppies...
and a shed! :(

This message was edited Oct 16, 2009 12:35 AM

Thumbnail by WayneCarter
NW Sydney NSW, Australia

'Golden Celebration', a David Austin rose.

This is such a wonderful shrub rose. I have grown it here up to 1.2m. The blooms are huge and beautiful in form and scent. Very P&D free. My plants here are grown on their own roots. I have budded these quite easily. However given that they do just fine as cuttings, I don't bother anymore.

Thumbnail by WayneCarter
Coffs Harbour, Australia

Mmm, all those lovelies, thanks Chrissy! I'm glad to see you've worked out how to post pics once again. Nice poppies and roses Wayne, and also Judy's frosty pink x 2.
I have the first blooms on a cutting grown native frangipani

Thumbnail by weed_woman
Coffs Harbour, Australia

Chinese Star Jasmine, finally growing and spreading. The scent is lovely.

Thumbnail by weed_woman
West of Brisbane, Australia

My coral tree sapling (Erithrina sp.) has flowered for the first time, a seedling growing in a pot.

Thumbnail by cestrum_SEQ

Here's a closeup of the flowers; it's one I've found hard to photograph for some reason ...

Thumbnail by cestrum_SEQ

Wayne, that rose would look rather lovely with my soft-orange bougainvillea :-)
WW, I've got the tree-sized Hymenosporum and the dwarf version but both are still too young to flower ...

Christchurch, New Zealand

this is making a real splash right now, does anyone know what it is?

Thumbnail by dalfyre

Chrissy,your garden still looks wonderful,even with the wind...it has been blowing a gale here today too...not great at all for gardening!

Wayne,I used to have Golden Celebration and you are right it is beautiful...my garden became too shady for where it was growing so I gave it to my mum.

I bet it smells great at your place Sue!

Nice coral tree cestrum..

Dalfyre...that looks like an Ixia to me...

Barmera, Australia

G'Day I think Cestrum has it wrong. That isn't an Erythrina it's a clothes line with pink pegs on the wire.
Brian

Coffs Harbour, Australia

he he Brian, you're funny.
I agree with Judy, Theresa, I thought Ixia too. Very pretty colour, quite stunning.
Cestrum, I didn't know the Hymenosporum came in Dwarf, and I'm pretty sure mine is a full size tree. Its been in the ground about 1 year, and more than doubled in size with all the rain earlier in the year.
I tried to post this after the flower, but I lost my connection. This is the star jasmine vine, which is growing over the fernery, which will be a seating area eventually

Thumbnail by weed_woman
Coffs Harbour, Australia

This is the Japanese Iris in the boat pond. No yellow one this year.

Thumbnail by weed_woman
Coffs Harbour, Australia

This is it in the boat setting

Thumbnail by weed_woman
Coffs Harbour, Australia

Last one.....maybe! This is grevillea robusta in flower. Its keeping the blue-faced honey eaters fed for another season.
Sue

Thumbnail by weed_woman
Coffs Harbour, Australia

Oh, see, now I'm going to show you a close up of the flower. Last one, definitely!
Sue

Thumbnail by weed_woman

All looks good Sue...I have a Silky Oak in bloom now too...makes a mess of the( neighbours) yard with leaves everywhere just prior to blooming!

Christchurch, New Zealand

thanks for the id on my pink flower.
I was making breakfast & wondering if anyone had known & the word ixia popped into my mind, I thought that was something else I have but I think I just need to label stuff to keep them in order in my tired confused brain.
Yesterday was busy at work, they started coming in for the reunion, all up expecting 160 for dinner tonight.
we have lots of beer & wine, one order wasn't filled - we only have one keg of lite beer & the boss asked a few other clubs about 'borrowing' a keg till our order is filled - they are all in the same boat.
Someone at the brewery must have messed up big time.
Fancy not being able to supply before the weekend!
Boss has his fingers crossed it lasts, I am sure it will run out...
we have a light beer in bottles but had we realised would have ordered extra of that.
At least he should be able to get more bottles at a wholesaler.
I just want to win lotto so I can retire & look after my dogs & garden full time...

Get out the magnifying glass, Brian, and you'll see that there is indeed an Erythrina sapling underneath that clothesline LOL. Actually, that's a disused clothesline--well, except for hanging out odd things such as mats and pets' bedding, hence the pegs. As I can't remove it--not without paying someone to do it--I've been trying to cover it up with plants. And, with the passionfruit vine growing along the wire over it, one or two passionfruit growing under it, plus the grapevine--fruiting for the first time, assuming the fruit will survive the humidity and fruitfly--underneath it too, I reckon that goal should be achieved this summer.

I love climbers!!

Merino, Australia

Don't you just love the color of this little daisy. I relocated some cuttings from Mt Gambier and now have several plants around the garden.

Thumbnail by 77sunset
Merino, Australia

One of my self sown Echium seedlings.

Thumbnail by 77sunset
Merino, Australia

This might not have the greatset flower but the foliage is really pretty. It seems as if no two leaves are the same color. My variegated ivy geranium.

Thumbnail by 77sunset
Merino, Australia

Dendrobiums do flower for me. This is I think, a cross of D. delicatum and D. speciosum. Grows very well here but doesn't have the huge sprays of flowers seen in warmer areas.

Thumbnail by 77sunset

I have one of those unused clothes lines too cestrum ...in fact two because there is another one over in the cottage area too, I also love climbers, so much for so little.
Like judy my garden is now too shady to grow my favourite "Celebration "rose ...stunning fragrance and colour! I agree with you wayne!
I planted a native frangipani at my woronora garden and watched it grow quickly up past the second balcony ...we could look into it's canopy and the flowers and the perfume was incredible ...the white cockies tended to rip it up sometimes. Lovely thing it was.
those coral trees are pretty ...and can grow ummm ...really big!,pretty flowers dalfyre ...

NW Sydney NSW, Australia

>One of my self sown Echium seedlings.<

Bring it on Jean! :)))))))

Thank you for sending that pic. I am "playing" with Echium too.
Not "breeding", but use in so called, aged care gardens....

beautiful jean!

Thumbnail by

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.