A DANDY PUMPKIN

NORTH CENTRAL, PA(Zone 5a)

Edited to remove the continued play on the wine jolk judged to be possibly offensive.

This message was edited Oct 14, 2009 9:17 PM

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

..................I still don't know what you all are talking about....???????

Love you all anyway!

Edited to remove the wine jolk thought to be offensive.

This message was edited Oct 14, 2009 9:20 PM

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

There is one joke I know about this topic:

edited to remove said joke! Just in case........

This message was edited Oct 14, 2009 7:33 PM

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Punkin Chunkin!

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/1049032/3903224

That's it! The ultimate issue of plain down right foolishness. All American Men being boys. The French have not even dreamed of Pumpkin Chunken yet. One must be there just once to grasp the ultimate deal. Beats tailgaiting all to heck. Who cares about football when such valuable lessons are being learned by those who support Pumpkin Chunken. There has to be special Phd of all Learned Men for such goings on. Would that be Phd ALM? That might be wrong too. Very few Phd have even come close to learning these lessons. Most would not understand anyway. Oh well so much for the value of higher education. ROGLMAO

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

stormyla--That is HYSTERICAL! I have just paused to get a snack and finish it.

Off topic~~ Thanks doc and Gita~~ I appreciate that!

Now back to the chunkin!!!

This message was edited Oct 15, 2009 7:46 AM

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Off topic----What happened to YOUR Post, Sally?

The one doc and I complied to...........

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Here's a great one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PvZO4P3rTU

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

That was amazing.

Gita~~ I edited out the bulk of my post. I didn't think we needed to dwell on it.

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

It amazes me how they make all of these videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5b90tspJCo

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

I wonder how many forests these people set on fire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuOO1mGNJT0

What will they think of next?
Hubby has a coworker who was describing his potato gun at a company picnic one year. I'm surprised we don't have one in our basement by now.

That flaming pumpkin is not something I had seen. Wild to say the least. Upstages any potato gun I ever invented. LOL

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Doc, Just hope they don't decide to try it out anywhere near your cabin.

I'm so hard up for another nice buck I'd try it out if I thought I could pull it off.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

the guy that owned the barn I boarded my horse at.. had a potato gun.. pretty funny

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

This one is pretty good!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-1aui-wluE

That one was incredibly creative!

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

It won a bunch of awards. I like when the pumpkin is talking about the little demons.

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

There's some great pumpkins here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDTk9j5hrsk&feature=related

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

those are some good ones Stormy

IT IS OFFICIAL NOW..............NEW PUMPKIN WORLD RECORD AT 1725 LBS grown by a young lady in Ohio. You can see it on Big Pumpkins.com home page and photo gallery if you care to see such a beast....speaking of the pumpkin. LOL As usual the photography is amatuer. No NBC photorgaphers showed up.

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Wow, Doc. That thing is hugh.

http://www.bigpumpkins.com/displayphoto.asp?pid=6355&gid=51

Central, VA(Zone 7b)

Love the message on the tee shirts those two guys are wearing that say "Size Matters". Too funny.

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Check these out. My favorite is Darth Vader.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_MyhHpz-Nk

Here is one of my early large pumpkins being carved by a freshman art major. The carving and related activities raised a couple thousand for the Red Cross Flood fund raising. Stay tuned to see this one as a night pumpkin.

Thumbnail by docgipe

As a night pumpkin it drew viewers from several states. Two thousand signed the guest book and paid a buck to the charity of the day.

Thumbnail by docgipe
Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

That's wonderful, Doc.

Several hundred kids painted a pumpkin for $3.00. All supplies and pumpkins were donated.

We had a guess the number of seeds removed from this pumpkin 50/50 which was popular. If I remember properly there were 763. We paid back $525.00 and a Delaware player donated the win back to the charity.

Thumbnail by docgipe
Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Doc, thanks for sharing that, lots of winners. More communities should do things like that. Good ideas.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Bless your GENEROUS, OLD, UNSELFISH, PEA-PICKIN' HEART Doc!

You are, truly, a ROLE MODEL of what more people should be doing with their time.

If I lived closer--I would, surely, be on one of your Committees! JUST--ONE! I have good ideas---a VERY resourceful mind--and a most generous nature as well.

Respectfully (ahem!...) Gita

Gita...............facts are facts. As the world turns it seems to spin off and bury the remains of the souls that used to enjoy working a program like the one above. I just recently left a meeting where a young puppy barked something about not needing to do anything because the old critters meaning me and my likes ....seem to be in place to carry on the chores as needed. I left and have not gone back. I hear that the one time good club is about to go belly up. So be it. Fewer and fewer do in fact want to take part in anything. That's not a rant! That's a bloody fact.

It is a fact. Happening all over here too.

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

That's because all of the parents are too busy running kids to and participating in endless rounds of activites to the exclusion of everything else. Working parents are exhausted trying to keep up. Most of the volunteer groups are full of seniors and middle aged singles and some occasional young singles. The parents are all overwhelmed by an out of control spiral. Those parents who do enjoy volunteerism have to let something else in their lives suffer in order to participate.

The local bars don't seem to be short of business between 3PM and 8PM. Folks do seem to go home earlier and not stay as long as they once did. They seem to be over their heads in debts and some jobless but the bars are full!

They used to say when the times got tough the tough got going. I think that took a nose dive too............to some extent. For the good of the order..........I know some house painters, lawn and snow service guys and window washers that have beat their industrial job wages doing what they had to do to stay afloat. We need service people to no end in this part of the country. I think it will become better for many as they discover this fact. We have three female plumbers with a sign on their truck..."The sweet smell of success sometimes stinks". They have professional licences and are really good. Two of them were leagal secretaries. They saw what they were paying for services and knew what their bosses were paying them to hire the services. LOL Smart cookies......it's out there if people really want it.

I've been through years of PTA and of neighborhood association. When you have young kids, going to a meeting disrupts dinner and the ever--more--pressured homework (Don't let me digress into the GRUELING homework sessions. Talk about killing the love of learning, Like torturing it first then hacking it to death) I could do the meetings because I had time at home in the day to make up for some of it, but mostly the busy lifestyle results in more fast food dinners, more late nights for kids and parents, less sleep, more illness. Of course our collective quality of life in terms of stuff, housing, vacations has gone up but there's a cost.
I would know very few people in my neighborhood if I hadn't been part of the association board. Now after about twelve years as either member or secretary, constantly begging people to take a turn for a term, I am tired of it. Our board just quit as a whole last spring in hopes that a small group of people who are already buddies would come on in--They have.

Yes doc--the services need help. The man who did our addition told us how hard it is to hire dependable guys. It seems that some services since the work is come and go by appointment or need, are plagued by workers who work when they feel like it, get some money, get lazy, spend the money, get desperate, work some more.........

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

I was the co-president of a community civic group for many years. It was always our board member's observations that, no matter how large the group, most of the work was done by a nucleus of about dozen people. Interestingly, these dozen people were also among the busiest people I have ever known. Want a job done well? Give it to a busy person!

Well here's our pumpkin video for the day! Probably done by a very busy person!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBW05roahEs&feature=related

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.