Growing Lavender in Tropical zone....need suggestion..THANKs

Suan Phung, Ratchabu, Thailand(Zone 11)

Now with heavy/2 days, 2nights raining, make cataract "Wild water" and flooding in & near my land yard..., some major bridge already broke, some are nearly to break.... this cause from forest and trees on 'Ta-nao-Sri' mountain range were destroyed from illegal investor. No tree and its roots to slow down the water, then the big destroy from the power of 'mother nature' is proving....

My land yard a bit effect from flooding, I have to wait for next 2 weeks to come and see....

Wish everything fine there....(both living and non-living things)....God bless..

I meant :@Suan Phung, Rachaburi ... the western provincail of Thailand....

Prairieville, LA(Zone 9a)

So sorry to hear of all the damage from the monsoons. I hope all goes well for you Iamstar

Here is some info on treating fungus on rosemary.

http://www.doityourself.com/stry/identifying-diseases-that-harm-rosemary-plants

http://www.ehow.com/how_5896748_remove-fungus-rosemary.html

http://yardener.com/YardenersPlantHelper/FoodGardening/CulinaryHerbs/Rosemary/ProblemsofRosemary

Appreciated, themoonhowl;

All;

Good news, my both French and English lavender (growing from seed) are starting flower. Post will be shared later.

Sad news, cause from the cartaract (wild water), my dam and some land gone! I have to re-create new bank/dam (to save the water during next dry season). What a lanina..

by the way, I motivate myself, even i lost some land (sandy land), but I've got the bigger creek and some island, lol...

we are going to have a big 'love song' concert so called 'season of love song@SuanPhung, Thailand'. Will be held on Nov 27th, from 4pm till 4am. This is to promote both Resort, SuanPhung district and attractive destination. The organizer expect to have 20,000 people to join.

I have to support for at least 3000 cars parking area for this big event.. Will share you the photo later..

The weather at that moment in between 9C (late night) - 27C(noon). The couple, lover, and teenager are expected to join this huge concert....can't wait...

This message was edited Oct 27, 2010 11:34 AM

Sounds like an exciting and busy time ahead for you. Good luck with your preparations and enjoy the concert.

The concert is over, around 30,000 people (local, visitor, organizer) are all together at Season of Love Song concert festival. Shared pictures here.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=548193&o=all&op=1&view=all&subj=102605726466834&id=100000478934162#!/photo_search.php?oid=102605726466834&view=all

Looks like it was a real success. Everyone seemed to be having a good time. Congratulations.

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

Thanks for sharing your pictures with us - it looks like a wonderful time.

How is everything going for you now?

I heard there were terrible floods in Thailand, so sad.

Is your Lavender still growing?

Melissa in St. Croix, the Caribbean Sea

Dear all;

Everything keep going well with my lavender... IT's now dry season in Suan Pueng, Ratchaburi province Thailand.

We are going to perform our grand opening (Dec 17th, 2010) on some area in our land yard. The concept is for visitiors/tourrism 'Tent camping'. The place so called 'BedKAMP by The Star Above'. See our website 'www.TheStarAbove.com' for ref. This is high season here in Thailand which is the weather is pretty good for camping.... No more rain here and we are going for the x-mas fest, year-end fest and all celebrations....as well as you are...

Wonderful that, we have known together almost 2 years...IT's very greatful.....on your kindness...

THANK YOU..

Thumbnail by iamstar

Best of luck with your camping area, Iamstar. Also, Best wishes to you and your family for a safe, peaceful holiday season.

Happy Celebrations, Moon

Thanksssssss...moon..

Congratulations on your grand opening today, Iamstar! I am sure you will have lots of happy campers.

Thank you to all;

Thumbnail by iamstar

Happy new year to all my friends....I've been very busy on my 'camping' project. That was great even we've just open and new to the customer.....

Regarding 'lavender'... we have 'show case' for some of 'french dentata' and 'munstead blue' which they are flowering....we welcome tourist for 'free entrance', they can donate some money to 'visit our area'...

Dried lavender (were cut on last Oct) now ready for 'soft opening for sale' ...

See more pic at facebook 'iamstar susitar' or www.thestarabove.com

THANK YOU to all and best wishes come to you/your family....

Love,
Iamstar...

picture... (dried lavender sachet)

Thumbnail by iamstar

Congratulations, Imastar. Best of the new year to you also. Good news on your lavender....the sachets look lovely

.Best regards for a successful new year. Moon

Bacolod City, Philippines

I have been reading iamstar's lavender farm in thailand, was he successful. I just got a farm up in the mountain,2000 ft above sea level and would like to start a lavender farm in the Philippines if possible. Also I am traveling to Thailand next week . Is there a possibility to link with him and maybe visit his farm?

It would seem that things are progressing well for Imastar. Chibalayon, you might try sending Imastar a D-mail here on DG or try logging into the camp website.

www.thestarabove.com Also, Imastar has a facebook page under the name imastar susitar. Good luck with your venture.

Thanks 'Moon'......... I love your word ' things are progressing well'....

chibalayon, I've replied you on the face book and we may can in touch while you are in Thailand....My farm are 2.5 hours far from Bangkok, by drive.

Correction : my face book is 'IAMSTAR SUSITAR'....

Thanks to all..

www.TheStarAbove.com

You are welcome Iamstar. Sorry for the typo on your FB page. I do indeed hope things are progressing well for you.

We are going to develop our web for ENG version, then you are welcome to visit us..

www.TheStarAbove.com

Right now our lavender still keep growing, a bit slow because of weather keep chaging, more cloudy, some raining... flowering less, keep monitor and will share you later...

Best wishes to all of you..

iamstar...

Face book "iamstar susitar" , you can add me to be your friends....

In Thailand now, we celebrating 'Songkran Festival'... which is our 'Thais New Year celebration'...so I would like everyone here be 'WET'

W = Wealthy
E = Excellent Healthy
T = Triumphantly

Best wishes for a very WET year for you also iamstar. Have you more pictures for us? How are things going with the campground?

Hi folks;

Just to share you that, now we starting 'for try' on 'propagate by cutting'. It seem to be work, some cutting show me that, root is growing...

In our lavender yard, there are 600 plants already...

Who know, we can grow lavender in Thailand and they give us 'flowering' as well.

We have to wait to let them grow and be stronger, then the product from lavender will be later.

I am so pround and thanks all everyone in DaveGarden, appreciated.

Thanks and wish everyone have a wonderful day...
IamStar
www.TheStarAbove.com
facebook : iamstar susitar

Well done, Iamstar - fancy 600 hundred plants! They are going to be a sight to behold when they are all flowering. We have a lavender farm here in "up country" Maui. They make all kinds of soaps and things from their flowers as well as do tours of their fields, it's very popular with the tourists.

My goodness. That is great news, Iamstar. You will have quite the tourist attraction before long between the gardens and campground. Best wishes for continued good fortune.

ALL;

you can see most update pic from our facebook 'iamstar susitar'. We've just joint the event at our neighbor cheep farm... since more of pictures there, you are invited to view those pic via f/b...

Thank you.

sample of pic. before heavy rain...

This message was edited Jun 5, 2011 5:17 PM

Thumbnail by iamstar

All friends;

Update Lavender flower picture from my farm, you can see more pictures from my facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001660933589#!/media/set/?set=a.163289257069771.44664.100001660933589

Thank you...

Thumbnail by iamstar

some more pictures. The real Lavender flower bundle.... "Lavender in Thailand" ....IT's real....

Thank you....

This message was edited Jun 19, 2011 10:13 PM

This message was edited Jun 19, 2011 10:15 PM

Thumbnail by iamstar

Congratulations Iamstar. Best wishes for your continued success.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Looks like it's a sucess!! That's great!!

Gosh Iamstar, it's looking wonderful!

All;

Update picture for you...

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.117113175050693.21301.105436712885006&type=1

Facebook 'IamStar Susitar'.

Thanks for cheer up..
Iamstar..
www.TheStarAbove.com

What healthy looking plants. So happy all is working out well for you. Thanks for the update

FYI, our website is ready for you in ENG version. Since I am not a native English speaker , your advise is welcome for correction in the content.... Thanks.

www.TheStarAbove.com

Iamstar, the website looks very good. I think you did a very good job with translation as I know Thai to English is rather difficult. I did not see anything that required correction. There were some very minor sentence structure issues, but nothing I would not expect in a translation and none of it had any incorrect meanings. You have done very well in your enterprise and should be very proud of your accomplishments. Growing lavender in Thailand's climate is quite an accomplishment. Congratulations and continued best wishes for your success.

Moon

Moon, many thanks for your comment.......that all make me proud both Lavender and my English skill....

IamStar...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.