Baby clems from the not-a-coop with Evey

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

How did you all get so lucky to get in on this? if there was a general announcement, I missed it.

Appleton, WI

Evey posted asking for interest. There was so much interest that the thread got moved to Classifieds.

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

Oh.... I kind of remember that now. Thanks. Gotta start paying closer attention.

Appleton, WI

It moved pretty fast from the initial post.

Pittsburgh, PA

Evey,
Mine and my sister's arrived in perfect shape. The packaging was A+ and the cute little additions were greatly appreciated.
Thanks for your thoughtfulness!

Judy

Baton Rouge, LA

Thanks for letting me know, Judy. You're very welcome! =)

What is this? Is this a co-op, or not? And if not, how does it differ from a regular co-op?

Grayslake, IL(Zone 5a)

This was a group buy thru the classifieds. It's all over, we're just showing off our babies. Is that a problem?

Baton Rouge, LA

Dave, Terry has all the details and correspondence on this, so it would probably be easiest for her to tell you about it.

Here's a link to the Classified Ad that was placed for this:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1029454/

This message was edited Sep 4, 2009 9:05 PM

Jersey Shore, NJ(Zone 7a)

No, Dave, it was not a formal co-operative, just some clem addicts taking advantage of a friend ;)

Thanks for the info. ^_^

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

and WHAT a wonderful FRIEND SHE IS TOO!!
I plan on planting mine DIRECTLY into my gardens come the end of Sept/middle of October when the temps are cooler...

This message was edited Sep 5, 2009 11:45 AM

Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

Mine arrived yesterday, looking perfect even after the long journey to California. The clips and umbrellas were a wonderful finishing touch to the superb packing.

Baton Rouge, LA

Jeanne, thanks for the kind words. I'm planting mine directly in the garden in early October too. What are the chances we can get a bloom parade from you here on DG... even older blooms? I miss your beauties and your fun threads; they were the inspiration for my addiction!!!

Athens, PA

Evey

If you decide to do this again, I would love to be included - I am sorry I missed this one. Can you put me into your dmail list and send a Blast dmail when you do this again?

Thanks hon.....

Carolyn

Baton Rouge, LA

Carolyn, I can't use dmail to "advertise" anything, even if it's for an ad in the classifieds here on DG. That's against DG rules. But, if you send me your email address, then I can let you know through email.

Evey =)

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

I am also interested in the clips could you tell me where you get them?
thanks Cindy

Troy, NY(Zone 5b)

Bosmere is where I got them.

https://vault2.secured-url.com/SecureWebStorage/Search.asp type lever loops into the search and it will bring you to them.

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8b)

Evey, I got my clems today. Thank you very much. You are really a good person and a friend. This will be my only post on here...just to thank you. I am so sorry for any hardships I caused you. You are very special person to turn around and send me these great clems. I will always remember you as a special person. I may not post, but I will be lurking and absorbing the great info on clems. Thank you, again and I wish you the very best. Mary

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Mary - why not join us? We all have made mistakes and regretted things we've said or done so come join the fun.

This message was edited Aug 23, 2010 11:18 AM

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

I second what pirl said, Mary! Besides that, those of us that are relatively new to clems, would appreciate it. You just may have questions to ask that I would not have run across yet, and we can all learn more that way.

W of Cleveland, OH(Zone 5a)

I agree. It's easy to say things in anger that we regret....I'm sure we've all done it. I hope you'll come and enjoy the forum.

Dathen

Columbus, OH

Is it too late, can I buy from the not a coop. Need more info. Willing to grow out during the winter.
confussedlady

Huntersville, NC

me too Im with confussedlady - I usually am good at lurking around and finding co-ops, non-co-ops and such but this one missed my beady eyes.

will there be another one? are there any extras or left overs??

Please advise . . .
Fellow Clematis Lover

confussed and 50: Read BlissfulGarden's post, above, of September 5th.

Baton Rouge, LA

Mary, thank you for coming on to post those kind words. Pirl is 100% correc; we would all love to see you as an active part of the forum. I know there have been many times where my first reaction to a situation didn't turn out to be accurate or advised, and I'm grateful for the people who have looked past those times and still count me as a friend. It's just part of being human that our thoughts change and grow as we interact and learn more. Please do come back and post more often. We all grow as gardeners (and as friends) when we share.

Troy, NY(Zone 5b)

My company has finally left and today I actually can get into my garden and do some work. The clems are doing very well and have even sent out a little growth since I received them. I really don't have time to plant them into one gallons so I am going to plant them directly today.

I did get into the garden yesterday but that was only to get worms for my husband so he could go fishing. (he did catch a rainbow trout) So today it is all about me and clems.

Happy Labor day and yes, I will be happy laboring.

LOL me too! Can't wait to get back out there. Mine have also been waiting to be planted because I also had company. I'm going to put mine directly into the ground also. Good luck to you and enjoy your laboring.

Jersey Shore, NJ(Zone 7a)

Same plans here!!

Same here along with deadheading dahlias. They're so gorgeous now.

Athens, PA

Pirl - you are right. The dahlias are gorgeous! I deadhead mine yesterday. I have some clems I need to plant as well - I don't know if I will get to that though. Going to see my Grandson today!

I'd love to go see my grandson today. That lucky little guy is on vacation on Cape Cod!

'Blown Dry' is just so beautiful!

Thumbnail by pirl
Marietta, MS(Zone 7b)

Didn't see this thread until now. Thank you Evey! My clematis are doing great :) Glad everyone elses are doing well also.

ants

Marietta, MS(Zone 7b)

Does anyone know which pruning group 'Mrs. Yuki' & 'Pinky' are in? I cannot find much information on those two. Thank you.

ants

Thanks. I need the same information.

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

I just found this thread. Everyone's plants look so good. I think I am destined to not order clems on line. I had them sent to my husband's office since I am out most days and they didn't come before he left Friday. No way to get them till Tuesday. Poor me, poor clems.

Maybe they will be OK but I remember Evey saying she had sent them dry. Oh well, I will enjoy all of yours.

I can't wait to see them all bloom. Then I will be green with envy! LOL

Marietta, MS(Zone 7b)

NP :) I also have 3 that I grew from seed that I got from the lady that lives near the P.O. Hers had huge white flowers on it. It's been about 3 years since I sowed them & they are about 3 feet tall, but have not made any blooms yet. How do I figure out which pruning group they belong in & how long do they take to bloom from seed? Thank you.

ants

Marietta, MS(Zone 7b)

Kell, I bet they will be alright. Will just need a nice big drink & a little extra TLC :)

ants

Kell - Mine came in late afternoon on Friday. They were in really good shape and still very damp. The way Evey had them wrapped with saran, the soil has a good chance of still being most. I bet they'll be fine.

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Gosh, I hope so. If not I have spent a lot of money on no clems including the ones from the Koi Gardens that I never got a refund on. Though I know Evey did the best job packing so if they survie it will be because of her. I do remember though she found out the best way to send them was on the dry side. But here is hoping!

Instead of being at work for the package, Tom came home early and we went to the San Francisco Zoo before we had a great sushi dinner in SF. The Bay Bridge was closed all this weekend as they connect the new bridge so we went in early the long way. We had such a great time I do not begrudge Tom missing the clems. He didn't know they were even coming.

Here is Oscar Jonesy who was about 1 foot from my face thru a plastic window in this photo. At one point he jumped up and pounded the window with his fists on each side of my face. I screamed bloody murder. I bet I scared him more than he did me. LOL. He is such a handsome lad.

Thumbnail by Kell

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.