Flower pictures, NEW

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Very pretty pictures, everyone! Here is one of my dahlias... woooo hoooooo!

Thumbnail by bsavage
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Wow lisabees, bsavage and kyla! Your closeups are wonderful. I enjoy your pictures every day. lisabees is that a photo of a bindweed flower? If so, I admire your ability to see beauty even in weeds. The radish flowers make a nice picture as well.

Santa Fe, NM

Very colorful Lisabees, Kyla and Brenda!

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

I love the crinkle effect on this zinnia.

Thumbnail by Kylaluaz
Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Oooh, nice color, too!

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

She thanks you. ;-)

actually tho I never really feel satisfied with the color, well, rarely, of the pictures I take. I mean, they're okay, but they do not truly match.

maybe that's just the way it is, until I get my next much fancier camera, in some other fortunate year. ;-)

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I am coming to love zennias. I have some in large flower pots with dahlias and salvia and I am really enjoying them. I always liked them, but the affection is growing as I spend more time with them.

Santa Fe, NM

Yes, zinnias are quite friendly flowers. I have some orange ones in pots with other stuff. I couldn't find Sanvitalia, creeping zinnias, this year in the nurseries. That might be a plant worth growing from seed.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Ooh, creeping zinnias I did not know of, that does sound worth checking into!

I like them partly because they last and last and last, and also apparently are not on the deer's list of foods to eat unless it is an emergency and maybe not even then.

Here's an opening flower on a chocolate plant...... hard to get very good focus on it..... and this one is not making the spirals in its petals like I saw before, I may have to just catch that moment, and may not.... but this is kinda cool anyway.

Thumbnail by Kylaluaz
Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

and here is a late poppy.

Thumbnail by Kylaluaz
Santa Fe, NM

Very nice picture of the poppy!

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

thanks, I like that one too. ;-)

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

My! Quite beauteous! Congratulations, DJ!

If Dahlianut were here I suspect she would suggest that this calls for refreshing beverages to be served to one and all.

Centennial, CO(Zone 5a)

Really nice!

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

that bee almost looks translucent.

Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

Great photo DJ!

We shall have to celebrate with a refreshing beverage when we all get together next month!

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Congrats, Denver Jude! Great pic!

:-)

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

SO impressive!

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I am totally impressed, Jude. It did take me a while to figure out what everyone was so excited about -- duh! The photo is glorious. Are your chives really that pink? Mine are more lavender. Do you share pieces of those lovely chives?

Santa Fe, NM

Very pretty!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I'm celebrating with a refreshing beverage with me and myself and I after the fact cuz HOW TOTALLY FABBY IS THIS!!!! CLINK! (clinking glasses with me and myself and I ) AWESOME Denverjude!!!! BEAUTIOUS PIC that was well chosen for the pic of the day! Luvly pics lisabess. Luv the dahlia Brenda. Our nights are to cold to do zinnias sigh.

They were fairly pink this year. Sometimes they look more purple-y, but pinkish is what I got this season. They bloomed like crazy this year too. Probably all the early season rain.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Hmmm. Wonder if I could make mine become pink. Love that color.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.