Flower pictures, NEW

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Time for a new thread! Here it is, and my new gladiola to start it off with.

We came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1020481/

This message was edited Aug 13, 2009 8:12 AM

Thumbnail by Kylaluaz
Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Well, that was such a terrible picture I had to try again:

Thumbnail by Kylaluaz
Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

These new magenta ones are all facing in a challenging direction! But the hummers like them nonetheless.

Thumbnail by Kylaluaz
Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

And, I just had to try this:

Thumbnail by Kylaluaz
Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

bzzzzzzz

Thumbnail by Kylaluaz
Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

And a little "come hither" gesture from a Cosmos:

Thumbnail by Kylaluaz
Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Behind bars!

Thumbnail by Kylaluaz
Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Freed!

Thumbnail by Kylaluaz
Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Final one for now: a very Leonine sunflower!

Thumbnail by Kylaluaz
Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Wowowow!

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

All great, but I love the sunflower with bee pic!

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Here's another of those, then.

Thumbnail by Kylaluaz
Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

And, sedum flowers

Thumbnail by Kylaluaz
Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Someone visiting the chamomile

Thumbnail by Kylaluaz
Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

California colors

Thumbnail by Kylaluaz
Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

I will stop with the glads, but this one is finally satisfying to me:

Thumbnail by Kylaluaz
Santa Fe, NM

Thanks for the new thread, Kyla. Those glads are such a great color! Our printer arrived today so I am finally getting to print a few pictures. It is interesting how they look different on paper.

Thumbnail by roybird
Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

You're welcome! Nice contrast in that one. ;-)

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Okay, I confess, I got a bit carried away today. Making up for yesterday, I reckon.

Four more, here's the first:

Thumbnail by Kylaluaz
Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

second:

Thumbnail by Kylaluaz
Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

it's a kind of narrow path right here:

Thumbnail by Kylaluaz
Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

This is my fave, I think.

Thumbnail by Kylaluaz
Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

It's so much fun, taking pics of things that you find beautiful, isn't it?

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Endless fun. ;-)

Santa Fe, NM

And fun for others to see!

My summer has not been going well. Most of my plants are dying or dead.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Poor Jude! Sounds like you just need to rest and heal. It is difficult to make things grow when you, yourself, are feeling overwhelmed. I think our gardens reflect what we are going through. You are suffering so your plants are too. Take care of yourself and your plants will heal, too.

Ennis, MT(Zone 4a)

Boy, you said a mouthful there, Paj! Part of my gardens look all right and about half of them are a train wreck. I have not been too well this summer and my big plans for getting it all back under control have seriously backslid instead. But I have hopes of getting my energy back as I continue deep healing.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I hope both of you will work on healing. Mulch, having a grandson there for a month, fun as it may be, may have worn you down just a tad. Besides, how much gardening can you do when you are taking care of a grandchild? You and it will all come back. You, too, Jude. Just take it quiet and easy for a while.

Santa Fe, NM

I feel pretty great and my garden has not been as good as last year. I think it got off to a rough start with the dry and late freezes. Jude, I wouldn't worry too much about it because every year is different. Plus, some things take time. We are finally getting some rain here yesterday and today! I am considering doing some major pruning early next spring ( but not too early! ) on the roses. I'm half-way wanting to cut them back now but I'm afraid it would be counter-productive. Go slowly.

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

♪ ♪ Take a sad song
and make it better ♫

Thumbnail by picante
Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

LOL Picante, that is one healing post there. ;-)

Mulch and Jude, take heart....... and be well.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Piper looks ecstatic in that picture. He ( or is it she) must really enjoy singing.

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Love that "Hey Jude" by the Beatles reference... and I agree with all of the previous posts... you've got to take care of yourself first, before you can really take care of everything else. Think of yourself as if you were your own best friend, what would you say to you? Hugs and ♥!

Brenda

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Piper's howl never sounds sad, but astoundingly beautiful, straight from the heart.

"Think of yourself as a flower bud" is the song she's singing (rough translation).

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

We must all listen to Piper. She has a lot to say to us all.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Here is another photo of my Datura flower from DBG. It is about 6 inches across and maybe 7 long. I learned from Kyla how to cut down my white balance, so I am hoping this is a better picture that my previous datura photo. This is a datura called York St. Lavender that I purchased at the Denver Botanic Garden sale. It is making a great ground cover under my new roses.

Thumbnail by pajaritomt
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Here is the same flower without reducing the white. Not sure which I like better.

Thumbnail by pajaritomt
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Here is the Wenlock ( David Austin) rose that I bought a DBG and planted this summer. This is one of 3 buds. I am very proud of it. It was just a tiny little thing but seems to be growing nicely. I used a negative white balance here and it definitely made for a nicer photo.

Thumbnail by pajaritomt
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Here is the same rose without white balance. Not as good a photo, I think. Thanks for the lesson Kyla! I have been struggling with washed out pictures, but no more!

Thumbnail by pajaritomt

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.