Garden Pics: Breakin' Our Backs for Beautiful Blooms! #10

(Pony) Lakewood, WA(Zone 8a)

OMG- I didn't know you were a biker chick, Julie! That's so awesome! I owned a yamaha virago for a little while, but I sold it- I'm just not that good at riding on my own. I'm happier on the back of hubby's '66 Shovelhead. ;)

I just went out to peek at the taddies, and this little guy came up and smiled for the camera... :D

Thumbnail by the1pony
(Sharon)SouthPrairie, WA(Zone 7a)

OK, Julie, I just have to post the other good picture. Should id the girls, from left to right:
Rarejem, PNWMountianGirl, Lynnweidman, and Cabindweller. It was a great break from breaking our backs!

Thumbnail by PNWMountainGirl
(Julie)South Prairie, WA(Zone 7a)

Pony, your babies are growing up, and growing into little hams! It is very cool that they are letting you take pictures as well as they are now...hopefully they will continue as they grow up!

Yes, I am a biker chick from way back....well before it was "in" for a girl to have her own bike. Funny....my first bike was a Yamaha Rebel... very similar to the Virago, but not quite as cool! Lynn's last bike was a Yamaha too, and she likes her Harley, but says that she really misses the Yamaha because she "knew" it, and her bike now is still kind of a stranger to her. Riding two up is great too, and you are tougher than I am if you do it on the back of an old shovelhead! I love the older bikes, but seems like you get to "feel" a lot more of the ride! (Says the woman with a solo seat that is hard as a board on her bike!)

I got my endorsement when I was 16, and had always wanted a Harley, but it took almost 20 more years for that dream to come true. Now my bike is my pride and joy.... I have had her for eight years, and since I have "connections" with some pretty talented guys (DH for custom body and mechanical work and my brother for paint work), she has turned into a real beauty. You know now that you asked, I have to show her off!

My Baby....

Thumbnail by Rarejem

And a close up so you can all admire my brother's painting skills.....

Thumbnail by Rarejem
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Pretty bike Julie..you need to get a side cart for Phoenix. I bet she would love it!

Clematis Crystal Fountain is blooming again. These are so pretty.

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

This is Pink Perfection rose. Sure is pretty with tons of blooms.

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

A short little cutie near the edge of my pond.

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Another noid but very pretty colors on this one.

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Parfait is almost a chartreuse color. This picture does not quite capture its true color, but it is a pretty & delicate spider.

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Just love your beautiful bike. I rode in CA back in the '50s. Loved it. too.

Love the flowers also.

AH, Julie... she's a beauty. Love that paint job!

The only pic I have of hubby's is this one where he was re-doing her wiring diagram, so her seat is flipped up and some pieces are off. (I'd take a new one, but I don't want to muck around with getting the cover off and trying to get a good shot in the cluttered garage)

You're SO right about "feeling" the ride on the older Harleys- to be honest, I liked his old Honda Valkyrie a lot better, it had that big cruiser look and sound, but was a lot easier on my bones. :-/

My "wish I had it" bike is a Honda Shadow- I just love them. But like I said, I'm not that great at riding so I'll stick to being the BOB. (it's the shifting, mostly- if I could get an automatic bike I'd be set! LOL!)

Thumbnail by the1pony

Bea, I want to come and raid your garden. LOL! You have so many beautiful flowers!

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Thanks pony..I work hard at it and enjoy it very much..except on these hot days! 88 degs now.. Crazy! Was out at day light this morning planting more Dl fans before it got to hot.

My mom sent me an e-mail with some crazy pictures in them that I thought I would share with you all. They are silly..

This is an I-pod

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

An eggplant

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Dr.Pepper

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

last one.. Assaulted peanut

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Moscow, ID(Zone 5a)

those are great!

ROFL! I think I need to make some "I-pods" for my garden... too funny! :D

Bea, loved your funny pictures. Should be able to do an I-Pod with our poppy seed pods.
Your clematis is also wonderful. Will have to put it on my "list" for what to plant on my new gazebo.

LOL Bea! With the personality Phoenix is starting to develop, if there was a sidecar on my bike, I would be in the side car and she would be driving! I just love your clem, and your dark NOID daylily is just beautiful! The pics your Mom sent are awesome! I am hugely embarrased to admit that it took me a minute to "get" the assaulted peanut...must be tired!

Willow, Being on a bike in the 50's...in CA no less...had to be an awesome experience. The freedom of the bike itself is one thing, but to enjoy it in a time when there were less people and the world was less "uptight"....WOW!

Pony, Your hubby's bike is beautiful! I have seen that exact same look on DH's face when he is "working" on some of our stuff too! I agree that a Shadow is a beautiful bike as well....and much more comfy than mine! We have done several long trips, and I swore when we got back from our last one (about 2000 miles to Frisco and back) that I would find an older Yamaha or Honda so that I would be totally comfortable on the next long trip! By the way...will take the enabler role again and tell you that there ARE a couple of automatic bikes starting to hit the market.............

I wasn't really good at documenting the names of the first several clems that I added to my garden, but I really love this one!

Thumbnail by Rarejem

It was really hard to get a true color pic of this morning glory, but it gives you a bit of an idea how beautiful it was. At least something is really happy with the hot dry over the last couple of weeks!

Thumbnail by Rarejem

And a littly "sticky" frog that was hiding on the side of my house....

Thumbnail by Rarejem

Gorgeous morning glory! Mine are struggling- I've never grown the colored ones before, so I have no idea what I'm doing... the foliage is very pale and only one of the four is blooming. They get morning sun only, is that not enough for them?

DON'T tell me there are automatic bikes coming out... NO! (Seriously? There are? Uh-Oh...)

That frog is so cute! What a wonderful vivid green! :D

Pony, fortunately the automatic bikes are still quite spendy, and not many available used, so that may keep you from being tempted for a while, but several manufacturers are starting to develop them. This was one of the first manuf. to have an add reach me (we do some custom bike work at work, so we get a lot of the promo stuff), and they are even pretty SWEET looking!!!

http://www.ridleymotorcycle.com/

Told you I am a good enabler!

Woah! The Autoglide classic is definitely sweet- and OMG did you see the TRIKE? *dies* oh, brother... this is torture. hehe.

Hubby told me there were a small amount of automatic bikes made years ago, but they're kind of collector's items and hard to find. Wait til he sees these... he's gonna freak!

Hmmm... I wonder if we can refinance the house... LOL!

(Thanks a lot, ENABLER!) ;p

Daylily Bama Bound with Bonica rose.

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

PNW..that is a pretty daylily and nice combo with the Bonica!

southern willamette , OR(Zone 7a)

OMG...... Sharon and Julie, I love the persona of the double lifestyle: Gardner and Bikerchic! lol!! Your bike looks great. I always stayed way away from them growing up because I knew that I'd have a heck of a punishment if I ever came near one since my dad was in a aweful accident on one just a year or two before I was born. But, there's always been some attraction to them there still I've always thought that a great ride on a pretty day would be fantastic. Everytime when I look at my gas bill a motorcycle looks very appealing too. My grandmother used to tell me never to get on one too. But, one day when I was 12 or 13 yrs. old I found an old black and white picture of her on a Harley and had to ask her about it. So here was this very conservative, very prudent, 70 yr. old grandma, who I'd never seen drive anything better than a station wagon, telling me that she rode a Harley in the late 30's and early 40's!! She sold it only when she decided to move out west and didn't have the ability to bring both har car and the bike! Needless to say, my view of how prudish my grandmother was, was forever skewed after that. But, skewed for the better! lol

Julie... Pretty combo with Bama and Bonice.

Bea...beautiful daylilies!

Tournament of Roses was spectacular today.

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

With all the talk about biking check out this video of a real cool lady and her 64 Comet V8.
Its a riot!
http://growingbolder.com/media/technology/vehicles/romancing-the-road-259598.html

That video is awesome. :D

(Judi)Portland, OR

What a great video. That grand lady is my hero.

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

I think it was a great video... My 80 year old mother wants to drive back to OK & KY alone to visit family.
She has a dependable car..maybe if she was packing a pistol I would not worry about it so much. I doubt her Shitzu will be much protection!!. She is a very freindly dog who loves everyone.

Nice weather today but I understand we are headed for another hot spell. Maybe the tomatoes will finally get going. I hate to see the water and electric bill when they come!!

Woke up and found some more DL's in bloom.

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

A vivid red one

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

very royal purple on this one.

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

An Oriental lily with other pretty stuff.

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

This little one was peeking up through the sedum.

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Now I know why the humming birds are scarce this summer. Yikes!

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

What a great bee picture. Love all your lilies.

I also am a 70 year old grandma with many fond memories of my better days. LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.