Kyla's Garden Pictures

Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

Bindweed is my worst weed, and the only reason I use any sort of chemical in my garden. This is a photo of the neighbor's fence and yard right across the street from me. It is literally full of bindweed. The fool has only mowed his yard twice this season. I am crossing my fingers hoping that the seeds don't blow this way.

Thumbnail by plutodrive
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

With neighbors like that, it is very hard to keep the bindweed down. Covering your soil with plants will help. That was the major reason, my friend with the wall to wall carpet was covering the bindweed. He didn't want it to spread into his existing veggie garden. So he decided to cultivate both.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

This is the fairy playground in front of the tomato growbags.

Thumbnail by Kylaluaz
Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

The wild dance of the Morning Glories

Thumbnail by Kylaluaz
Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

More Moulin Rouge

Thumbnail by Kylaluaz
Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Sometimes things just arrange themselves in satisfying ways.

Thumbnail by Kylaluaz
Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Another even more spontaneous arrangement, completely undirected by me, but greatly admired:

Thumbnail by Kylaluaz
Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Close up of the new guy:

Thumbnail by Kylaluaz
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Luv the dancing morning glories!!! ♫

Very nice Kyla. A pleasure to see!

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Love the dancing morning glories growing on the dahlias and love the sunflowers especially the new huge one! Do you know what the variety of the huge one is? I want to grow some like that some day.

Santa Fe, NM

Very pretty garden, Kyla!

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Thanks you two, and all........ and Paj, no, sadly, I do not know that one. Gosh, there are so many many sunflower hybrids it can be overwhelming! At a certain point it seemed none were going to grow for me, I had caterpillars and poor soil and all kinds of obstacles, so I sowed a huge number of seeds, thinking, well, at least perhaps a few will make it! And, a few did, including this one! It was either from a Territorial mix or a SeedSavers mix......... beyond that, your guess is as good as mine.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Very pretty! I bet it is a Russian Giant.

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Beautiful flowahs!

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

I have enjoyed your garden Kyla. You have a lot of garden, soil, and enviroment that will be growing and growing every year.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Thanks, Soferdig. As I am sharing that environment with other residents on this property I am not sure how much more of it I will be able to claim as garden space. Human residents, that is; the non-human residents I can negotiate with much more easily so far.

I do have my eye on a neighboring patch to what I've worked with so far. It will need deep attention over the winter, however, to be workable come spring. It is in similar condition to the area I already opened into garden space, only worse as the soil is badly compacted due to previous use.

We'll see.......

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Compost and moisture and in 5 years it will look like the banks of the Mississippi 2 ft deep. Mine was similar to yours when I got here now it is wonderful. (After over 100yards of home made compost)

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Yes, that's the way. If I can claim it, that is.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Today 's things. Mission bells, probably the last pink one as most have gone to seed now:

Thumbnail by Kylaluaz
Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Just for fun, a couple more of the New Guy, who is shy and only opening slowly. Big guys are so often shy, don't you find? ;-)

Thumbnail by Kylaluaz
Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

And here he is in profile. Isn't he just the handsomest character?

Thumbnail by Kylaluaz
Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Okay, here's a rilly turrible picture of (maybe) three (maybe) goldfinches, early this morning. They move too darn fast, I just missed a fab photo of one taking advantage of the Water Feature. ;-(((

Thumbnail by Kylaluaz
Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

And, Ah! Finally! She opens........

Thumbnail by Kylaluaz
Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

...opens...

Thumbnail by Kylaluaz
Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

...opens...

(after taking this last one I stood up and tumbled backward and stepped right on the dill! sheesh. Musta been in a different world for a moment........)

Thumbnail by Kylaluaz

she knocked you over with her beauty, huh? She is gorgeous!

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Very pretty!

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Wow! What a garden you have turned out to have. I am amazed you still have California poppies in bloom.

Santa Fe, NM

Very pretty!

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Lots of color. Looks great. You can claim compost from any manure, sawdust, hay bales, garden waste (that builds up every year), ripped bags at any big box store, or other creative ways of getting plant material.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Thanks! I think it looks pretty swell too.

It is not the compost that's the problem, it is the folks I share the property with and their claims on territory.

plus which today I am lazy, didn't even want to take a picture, even though I have new magenta Glads opened finally. but I will get those in here at some point. right now enjoying being lazy for a bit.

;-)

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

I am playing with the light setting now, this one may be a bit dark but I kinda like the way it shows the colors.

Thumbnail by Kylaluaz
Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Some way serious floppage!

Thumbnail by Kylaluaz
Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

I love this tangle, and I did not see the hummer perched at the top til I'd looked at this picture three or four times. ;-)

Thumbnail by Kylaluaz
Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Nice!

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

This one was a mistake, but I caught the moon.

Thumbnail by Kylaluaz
Santa Fe, NM

Some mistakes end up quite well!

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Yeah. ;-)

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Here's a moon picture from last fall... (not meaning to hi-jack the thread...!), just thought it would be fun to share.

Thumbnail by bsavage

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.