LA CAFE DE Desperate Gardeners Releiving Stress and Bordeom!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Thanks for the compliments SW. Well, I managed to find the 24, but I had to click my heels to get there!! Thanks for leaving the key under the flowerpot.

I got the stuffing peppers in the freezer.. still working on the chopped peppers. I think I will put stuffed peppers on the table for the menu tonight. Best go see if I have some rice, hamburger and some tomato sauce! YUP! GOT "EM.. Stuffed peppers it is!

OY, it looks like my baby sunroses need a serious pruning.. Dare I make more baskets? I have no clue what to do with all the cuttings. I will not be able to bring them all indoors and was wondering will I or dare I leave them in the baskets in the GH for winter. Do they go dormant? Or dare I leave some outside? Well I guess I do have plenty to experiment wit. They are so lovely!

Soz, whatcvha up to?

Humansville, MO

hi all
how do you freeze yourgreen pepper
elle

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Elle, I cut the top part off and then save the "bell" part. Clean the seeds out of the bell and rinse in cold water. and throw the seeds on a paper towel for saving later. I just put the bells in a zippy bag, date it and freeze them fresh for stuffing later! Nuthing to it!

Then I take the tops and slice what part of that part I can for little chunks and freeze them seperaetely too! Those are great for like putting in pizza or sauces!

Keep a few of the sliced chunks in a glad box in the fridge for fresh salads!

Easy as pie!

Let the seeds dry on the papertowl for a month on the rine. They will fall off later! Just keep them open in a dry place!

Humansville, MO

hi
ty for ansered me
so you do not suffed them befor putting in freezer
elle

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Well, elle, you can do that too, you just have to then cook them!

I stuff mine with rice and hamburger mixed then bake in like a tomato (spagetti sauce and then you can box and freeze them for later. I only froze mine today the other way because I had a half a bushel of peppers and shoot, any more in the kitchen and I was getting backed up in the office!! LOL! Enjoy!

Humansville, MO

hi
thank you for all your idea
elle

Humansville, MO

hi
how about cooking fresh frozed string bean
went i cook my they are tough
or they are hard
elle

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

HI elle, I just boil mine and then put butter on them. You dont want to over do them though.

Here are the bells for stuffing!

Thumbnail by BLOSSOMBUDDY
Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

The burger and rice for stuffing the peppers..

(You can add the chopped green peppers to this and onions and or mushrooms or what ever it is you like stuffed in a green pepper!)

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Stuffed and microwaved....

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Adding the sauce.. mine is actually spagetti sauce with mushrooms in it!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

And wahlah! Enjoy your meal!

Would you like some mozerella cheese grated on top or maybe parmesan?

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

They look delicious and yes I'll have cheese on mine. We ususally mix the sauce right in the burger mix and then stuff.
Hey BB do you find your peppers a bit soft when you thaw them. Or do you just leave them frozen, stuff, bake and then eat? I generally thaw ours first and they are soft?

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

I dont thaw them. I precook the meat and rice, stuff that in hot then micro. Depending on how long in the nuker will depend on how soft.. I also put the sauce preheated on later so then that makes the fresher frozen pepper! The best are fresh from the garden though, never frozen. I do not like mushy peppers!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

I agree we like them straight from the garden for the stuffed. Whatever we don't eat stuffed we bag for salads and sauces and such.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Well, I need to head out to the GPS and also check on the hanging baskets of maters. That storm we had last night knocked the power out and was a little hard coming down so maybe there is damages.

I will be back to help with the dishes on the next shift. That lasagna pan is gonna have to soak anyway! Burrrp!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Wow, time flies when your having fun... who ordered breakfeast.. Bloomers is serving!

Looks like a ham and chicken riot and a cherry flapjack!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Oh no.. everyone, run!

Its JAWS!

(Goodgourds, does anybody know what specie this is???? )

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

knock
knock
knock
knock
knock
knock

.....is it safe to come in.....

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Ok, who ordered the Mac Frank and gas to go?

london England, United Kingdom

HELLO !! Is there anyone here??

I guess everyone's gone on holiday somewhere............

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

~
(____)?

Hi Blossom!! nice to see you here, I thought this place had closed down!!!
OOOOoooooooowwwwww! is that a cup of one of your special hot chocolates? YUM, thats just what I need tonight. Thank you darlin' LoL!

It's getting dark at 4.45pm here, Yano!!! I HATE the long dark nights, don't you? I've been helping Mum repot plants to bring indoors for winter, raking up leaves,
cleaning up the summerhouse and cooking!!!!

Thanks for the cuppa mate, I'll have a better sleep now!
nite nite,

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

(~~~~)?
----------

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Well, there it is..

Thanks Blossom! Are you decorating in here?

why dont you ask peggy and your friend from Florida to help out? !!!

Jingle bells .....!!!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Oh Hi terri, what are you doing here?

No, no I am definetely not decorating here so Im not inviting anyone to decorate either. You see I was beamed here by the Ghost of Christmas future to see if 6'2" and I were going to get rid of that slime! Man that thing is gross. PLEASE do not slip in it and hurt yourself again.. its getting anymore that blob is every where. We must find a cure! We are desperate.

Well, sorry things were not going well for you for a while too. You have my sincere condolences . Haighr told me everything. The Ghost says things will improve for you but it will not always be easy. He says too, that if you need to lean on someone, you are welcome to think of Him and he will be there.

SO are you ready to go to the new cafe? Im looking forward to it and having a nice happy Christmas.

All together now.. on the count of three!

*pooF*!

HEY, no fair, you forgot to count!!!

Humansville, MO

hi all
it cold here
it might get wet
it look white will be here
elle

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.