The Divine Sock

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

I know this is a livestock and poultry fourm, so in keeping with that theme.. (since they are pure fleece from Dr Doolittle's Farm)

Who knows where the socks are?

I have to say it.. I can't hold it any longer, even at the risk of being attacked by a wild Catscan..

I saw the sock and it was grand.

Lodi, United States

Fair Disclosure: The Divine Sock is 20% sheep's wool and 80% wild Propenoic from the thyme covered hills of Turkey.

It is, in fact, a mere template intended to prepare the way for the ultimate in socky comfort and stylish dash to be provided by Moxon's very own hand spun laine.

Which in no way detracts from its venerableness.

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

huh? Is this code? LOL
Did you make some socks from Claires wool? ohhhhhh...
Photographic evidence would be appreciated. LOL Knit or crochet? Details would also help. :)
Do you really need socks in CA? Just a question.

Clarkson, KY

Where have all the SOCKIES gone?
Looong Tiime paaassiiing
Where have all the SOCKIES gone?
Looong tiime agooo......

Ferndale, WA

I thought maybe this was the result of the switch over to digital T.V. ??? Then I woke up and realized I was on the computer not the T.V. SOMEONE pleeeeze tell me! Is this really what our forum has been reduced to?? HELP!!! Can anyone hear me? LOL You ladies are just crazy. Have a great day. Haystack

Ferndale, WA

OMG How did I know this is ZZ'S thread!!! Shaking Head.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Where have all the sockies gone,
Gone to sheep's feet everywhere,
When will they unravelllll,
When will they unnnnnnravelllllll

(I am so excited about my socks!!)

The socks to be made in future may indeed be from my own harvested wool, or may be from wool roving that I have purchased from another farm and subsequently spun. They may also be superwash merino, to allow for their washability in the standard manner.

BTW, when I say "my own harvested wool," I do mean the wool of my sheep (or llamas). Because I, personally, am not woolly. Except in the head.

(Zone 7b)

Claire! Will you be selling them???? i would love to own a pair!!!!

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

Claire me too. I get cold feet-which sounds odd as the temp have reached the "brain baked in 5 minutes stage."

Hi Harmony!!!!!

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

I will not be selling socks until I learn how to knit socks! These socks are being knitted by Catscan for me, because I am giving her some of my handspun yarn to knit socks for herself. I figured it was a good trade-off!!

I am still focused on spinning right now, but as I go along, I hope to learn to knit socks, in which case then I might sell some.

(Zone 7b)

Okay just thought this thread was about you knitting socks my mistake ;o)

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I just want to pop in and say you are all crazy, and really really fun, and I looove lurking in this forum because you never fail to make me smile. And to covet your critters, none of which I can have in the midst of the 4th biggest city in the US. Maybe someday...

**********popping back out*************

Oh Yarn I guess I will have to sweet talk to Catscan!!!!!!! My feet are freezing. LOl

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Livestock, Wool, Sheep guyz, Goats... all that stuff. Manure.. hay... flies.. fertilizer... yeah.. is that better Haystack?

I think it is very interesting that Claire gets a divine pair of socks that will complete her outfit when she is in the barnyard fairy outfit.

I want some socks from Butterscotch..

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Hi Marylyn, glad to have you pop in and chat, instead of just lurking! Of course, we love lurkers too, but we like them even better when they unlurk once in a while!

Wren, if you handspin wool for Catscan, you might get somewhere. That, or bribe her with flan.

ZZ....are you possibly implying that these socks are chartreuse and pink? OMG!!!

Butterscotch is due for grooming. I did a session on blending this past weekend at the Iowa Sheep and Wool festival, so I am ready to start blending in my angora rabbit hair into my spinning batts. What is your favorite sock color? If you can convince Catscan to knit socks for you, I can send the handspun that meets your color requirements and contains some fiber from Butterscotch! You could even get some llama blended in if you like!

(Zone 7b)

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha I want a pair of Llama socks that would be cool to tell everyone "Hey" i have a pair of Llama socks.

Lodi, United States

I am open to bribing....

But perhaps you had better wait until Claire posts pictures of the DS in all its varigated glory?

Speaking of which, it is beginning its pilgrimage to Iowa today and will be making stops for appropriate veneration wherever a large enough assemblege of devotees mob the local USPO.

Clarkson, KY

Hmmm. Vaguely reminiscent of the Olympic torch and its journey...Will the sock be on a pedestal? Wait...who's responsible for publicity?
{{{run back under yer rock, NOW grow!!! woooops!!}}}

Lodi, United States

I was thinking more of a medieval religious relic--but perhaps in these secular times the Olympic analogy is more accessable.

Wait....no....grow....come back here! We haven't worked out the protocol for approaching it. I was thinking on bended knee--or maybe a prolonged belly crawl, a la the Mayan supplicants of Tikal?

Grow!

Clarkson, KY

{{{lurk.....perhaps I won't be held accountable....}}}

hmmm...feet first, bass-ackwards out of respect or crawling on belly...bended knee not quite enough, I'm thinking...

Well let's see I do not think I have enough fuzzy off the fuzzy butt to spin yet. I do not bake. I do know where I can get great ultimate malted milk balls that are to die for--but wait it is to hot to ship them . So I will just have to wait and see if their is any thing else I can bribe her with. Maybe a few pounds of PECANS!!!!!!!

Lodi, United States

She said the "P" word! Someone head Moxon off from this thread! Oh my ears and whiskers.....We are undone.

He he he!!!! I have a couple of pounds in the freezer that need to be used. Any bidders??//

Lodi, United States

I just re-read this thread. Making a note:

NO SOCKIES FOR HAYSTACK.

Bad snow angel.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

THUD!

Lodi, United States

Someone get Moxon's smelling salts and a sedative.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Moxon has been revived thanks to her trusty llama bag...

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

...because it was full of the substance of life.....FIBER!!!

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz

Love the bag

So sorry-the old brain has been baked by the heat down here.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

we are having a heat baked day too. So I am inside, revelling in....FIBER!!!

Yes, all ye of normal, placid lifestyles....beware, BEWARE I SAY!!! Beware of the dreaded fiber addiction...

...yes, all those bags, boxes, totes, shelves....all full of fiber....

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

....witness the mess! The disorganization! The absolute chaos that is my fiber stash!!! Do not fall prey to this dreaded affliction!

It all begins with this....

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

I am but a slave to the wheel. A cog in the machine. Ahhhh, the peril....

I thrill to the vision of little pieces of silk noil in this hefty ball of roving....imagining the texture that my yarn will acquire....

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

I am sucked in by the cool, green deliciousness....

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

I am transfixed by the autumnal hues of this dyed alpaca....

Feel the fiber, touch the softness of a cloud, and just try, try to resist...

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz

Wow I thought I had problems with "collectionitis" Back when I was crocheting I had large totes full of yarn. Love the colors of the last 2.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Indeed, you cannot look away, the fiber has you in its grasp, it's long, slinky fingers, it has left its mark upon you.

Better yet!!!! The raw fiber, straight off a Blue Faced Leicester sheep, sitting in a bag, waiting....begging you to take it to the fiber processor.....the heady fragrance of sheep wafting out of the bag....a second place winning fleece, it calls your name....

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Oh Wren, if only you could tell me how to break the spell....

...skirted and washed Lincoln sheep locks....waiting to be dyed....

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

{{{Moxon is abruptly disturbed from her fibrous fantasy by the peeping of a duckling just hours old....}}}}

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Lodi, United States

Thud.

Moxon you do not want to break the spell the way I did.
Now I have "collectionitis with epiphyllums, you see if you escape one form another will get you!!!!!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.