Garden Pics: 'How Does Your Garden Grow?' ...#8

southern willamette , OR(Zone 7a)

thread for just about anything that is going on in your garden, or whatever plants you felt like taking pictures of!! I hope that everyone joins in from anywhere, since we're all Northwest of somewhere!

We came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/996590/

I was sooooo happy to find these two the other day, for a reasonable price, so they just had to come home with me.

Thumbnail by redchic01
Eugene, OR

Very pretty. I saw a daylily that was like that dark orange that was really pretty, I hinted but didn't get an offer. LOL Oh, well I have a problem with daylilies multiplying too much anyway.

Thanks. I'll have another picture of it in a minute. That's too bad that they didn't take the bait on the hint. lol. I don't have a problem with my daylilies multiplying, mine have just become huge.

Eugene, OR

Really, mine have 'migrated' to the other end of my bed and a couple of places in between. And the original that I put in is now about 10. They're pretty, but all the same, so a bit boring.

maybe you can put 9 of them in the next yard sale?

Eugene, OR

Good idea, or do like some of the neighbors. Put a bucket out by the drive way with a picture and a free sign. LOL

Perfect!!! That should work. It would lure me in, that's for certain!

Thumbnail by redchic01
Eugene, OR

That is such a pretty color.

Thanks, I've definitely fallen for it. I forgot to mention that it is Echinacea 'Tomato Soup'

These were all taken on Fri., between bouts of rain and when the occasionaly beam of light would shine through.

This is the first year that the deer haven't eaten off 2/3 of the blooms on this tree.

Thumbnail by redchic01

the blanket flower by itself.

Thumbnail by redchic01

I love the new growth on Rhody ebony pearl.

Thumbnail by redchic01
Eugene, OR

I saw that one at that garden sale I went to, the one where the man from Terra Nova was there. Now I have to go check the free one I got and see what it is. It was just a plug, so very small, I put it in a pot like they said and it's just now starting to take off. I know it was a newer one.

We have a big tree like that near our clubhouse, it is always so beautiful when in bloom.

Time for bed, need to go see our friend tomorrow. He had a big shopping list for me this time. LOL

Another picture of it after some rain.

Thumbnail by redchic01
Eugene, OR

That's coming out red! All the growth on my Rhodie's is a lighter green. Pretty!

I agree... the dogwoods are beautiful. I love every last one of them!

I think that I may have driven by that nursery the other day. Does it sit behind/adjacent to a Dari-mart, right across the street from where 'Flicks and pics' used to be. I think that's a pet supply place now.

Have a good night. Fit time in for a break tomorrow!

It's red because that's part of what makes it "Ebony Pearl!!!", a really unique rhody. Although there are a few others that come out with red new growth that turns green, but none like that one. All of it's foliage will be greenish red before too long.

This message was edited Jun 14, 2009 1:53 AM

Eugene, OR

No, it's behind someone's house, the only thing you can see is a sign in their yard.

I will, it's Sunday.

Good! have a good night.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Sally, sorry on the BIL's passing. Will be thinking of your family.

I like to go to garage sales, but not have my own. I'd rather eat a slug. :)

I got ' tomato soup' as plugs in the co-op. They were potted up for a while, but out in the garden now. Don't think I'll have blooms this year, but am looking forward to next year. Thanks for reminding me of why I got them. I LOVE that color. I also got 'fragrant angel' - a white one.

(Judi)Portland, OR

Willow your courtyard is wonderful. You must have spent a lot of time and effort there. So beautiful.

And the rest of you - great photos as usual!

Sally, somehow I missed the post about your BIL's death. So sorry you all have to go through such a difficult time. Hugs and peaceful thoughts.

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

These Thalictrum rochebrunianum “Lavender Mist” started to bloom today. They are so sweet!

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Despite the dreary damp weather, the delphinums are holding up and looking good keeping the astilbe, snapdragons and the foxgloves company.

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

This Electron rose first bloom is huge.

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

This Mortimer Shakler (CL) is in full bloom. I think this is the one making me sneeze so much everytime I go outside. It smells like a rose should smell. Thank goodness for allergy medicine.

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

(CL) New Dawn.

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Pink Poppies

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

A red poppy

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Delphinums close up

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Feisty Kitty and my daughter were home for a visit this weekend. Feisty kept watch out the window at the bird feeder. I guess she will inform me when it runs empty!

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Sorry to hear of your loss Sally. All good thought coming your way.

Beautiful pictures Bea. Love the cat face.

(Judi)Portland, OR

Anyone know what this plant is? It now has tiny purple-blue flowers.

Thumbnail by Portland1
North Lakewood, WA(Zone 8b)

Some sort of Lamium, I think

Eugene, OR

Thanks everyone. Ended up not going to our friends today, he wasn’t well. So I spent a wonderful afternoon in the garden.

Bea…..beautiful flowers, so delicate. I especially like the delphinium in the 3:30 post, such a gorgeous color!! Feisty is gorgeous too! I swear you can see to her soul in those eyes!

Funny for the Day………I took a run back to the green dump after I finished in the yard. After dumping my barrels, I went to park in my favorite spot by the river for a few minutes. There was a young man in the river playing with his dogs, he obviously had come from the Pisgah side and started heading that way to get out of the river. Only thing was when he got passed the tree line I realized I could see ALL of him…..he wasn’t wearing anything but shoes!!! I suddenly felt like I was intruding, he hadn’t noticed me and I left…..giggling all the way back to my house!!

Here's my neighbor's bush (she giggled too). She would like to know what it is.

Thumbnail by Sally_OR
Eugene, OR

And a close up of the flower. Smells like a gardenia to me, but I've never seen one like this. I've only had the house plant varieties.

Thumbnail by Sally_OR

Judi.... Sorry, I misread your what you had said about the Rose Garden... It was late. That's my excuse anyhow. I agree with you though, I like the Japanese Garden better or at least during the winter since it has more "structure" to it.

Sally... What an adventure you had today! One you'll likely not see again for a while! lol Glad that your day was not so hectic too. Your plant in question is a Philadelphus. It's one of the fancy varieties though, maybe one called "blizzard". but, it's been a long time since I've seen that one too.

Bea..... I love the picture of Fiesty!!

Sally....actually it's probably either Philadelphus v. 'Minnesota snowflake' or 'Miniature Snowflake.' http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/adv_search.php?searcher%5Bcommon%5D=&searcher%5Bfamily%5D=&searcher%5Bgenus%5D=philadelphus&searcher%5Bspecies%5D=&searcher%5Bcultivar%5D=&searcher%5Bhybridizer%5D=&searcher%5Bgrex%5D=&search_prefs%5Bblank_cultivar%5D=&search_prefs%5Bsort_by%5D=rating&images_prefs=both&Search=Search
By the way... that was a really good close up of it too!

This message was edited Jun 14, 2009 10:44 PM

Eugene, OR

rc....you beat me! I just came to the conclusion it looks like Philadelphus x virginalis 'Miniature Snowflake'. Had a hard time finding a flower that was still pretty, most of them are pretty well spent. Showy, but doesn't look like the blooms last very long. I love that flower. Doesn't look or smell anything like my mock orange. And thank you.

I really don't think I'll ever see that again. Don't know what he was thinking. I realize it's hard to see the houses because of the trees, but the Mt Pisgah hiking trails are right above that. Guess he thought they were too far away.

Eugene, OR

Here's pic of my lilies.

Thumbnail by Sally_OR

lol.... sorry, if I would've known you were on the case, I definitely would've let you solve it! Fortunately, it wasn't a tough one.lol Who knows what that guy was thinking! Do we really want to know?? I can't imagine going anywhere in that area in my birthday suit!! It might seem "out of the way" or isolated, but it's not! However, he's probably a very happy and carefree person. lol Wouldn't it have been funny to go up to him and ask him something like "excuse me, do you have a towell that I could barrow, it's laundry day and I'm out!!

your liles are beauties!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.