Clematis: Clematis chat - heading into winter, 2 by pirl

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright pirl

In reply to: Clematis chat - heading into winter

Forum: Clematis

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of Clematis chat - heading into winter
pirl wrote:
ClematisGuru had a lot of good points but she also had lots of hired help and that does make a difference.

I had to Google Colleyville, Texas. Back in 2003 we spent two weeks in Texas - the worst weather (they told us) they ever had in Austin to San Marcos to San Antonio and the surrounding areas. We loved the scenery but the days with icy rain, endless car crashes and backed up traffic (as we watched on TV reports) wasn't too thrilling. The people were warm, welcoming and very hospitable. The food was wonderful and we really enjoyed the German towns as well as the real BBQ.
Our favorite spot of all was Luckenbach, TX. No sightings of Waylon, Willie and the boys!

So glad to have you with us Bezziec! Well, you're only 17 miles from Austin so you might have been to the Bob Bullock Museum. We really enjoyed it. The duck ride was way too (freezing) cold for me!

You selected the right company, Brushwood, and some lovely clematises to start anew. You must have the utmost in willpower to keep them down to 24" the first year. I admire that trait but it's not one I've developed (or even tried to develop). Nelly enjoys some shade even up here while Dr. Ruppel was a stellar performer this year with almost endless blooms. The color is SO vibrant!

Glad you enjoy reading the Clematis Forum.