Siberian and species 2

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Wow, that is a beauty! Do you know the name of that one Venu209? WNYwillieB what a perfect combination of Iris and peony.
bbrookrd your collage is breathtaking. Makes me want to take a trip to MA.

Susan

Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

:) Open invite, Susan.
Venu that is a beauty.
If I have time, this morning, I've got to stroll between downpours and see what the tag says.

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Boojum, We have only a light mist now, but threatening more rain this morning. I need a couple of hours of good weather today. It appears that I can't come for certain to your RU as my dear Brooklyn friend is coming back that weekend with his wife and daughter. He will want to do some more chainsawing and I must be here to rein him in, so he doesn't go buck wild! Plus I can't miss being here to play with my 9 year old pal. I am so glad I got to see the garden, you both and the real Boojum.

This is a collage of one of my noid white old sibs along with 2 pics of your SIB Kobana which are photos # 2 and 3 in the bottom row. Do you think mine are the same? Patti

Thumbnail by bbrookrd
McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

Dark Aura is very unique. What are the blooms like? Do you know who sells it?

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Dark Aura pic of flower.

Thumbnail by pollyk
Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Patti, that's the one I was trying to think of when I said your iris looked familiar. It does look like Kobana.

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

I think so too. I have had it a long time, but never had a name for it. Thanks, Patti

Jersey Shore, NJ(Zone 7a)

Fully open now. Shiryukyo

Thumbnail by venu209
Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

How beautiful!

To die for!!
Patti don't want to burst your bubble but that doesn't look like kobana to me.
CG, here is a link to Dark Aura for sale. http://www.siberianirisgardens.com/shop/itemView.asp?idCategory=176&idProduct=391
Here's a blurry bud of Dark Aura/John Wood. What do you think, Polly?

Thumbnail by boojum
Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

I'm going to say John Wood. The stems on John Wood are purple black, on Dark Aura almost true black. John Wood has a little bit larger yellow signal. Almost impossible to tell them apart. I'll see if I can get a good pic tomorrow.

I will send a pic of the bloom when it opens.

Houghton Lake, MI(Zone 4b)

Just opened this morning. Its so cute!

HAVING FUN

Thumbnail by Mshadow
McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

Gotta go out and plant my new sibs from Ensata. They have been soaking for one whole day and need to be planted with the rhizome under the surface and kept mulched, according to the info that came with. Easy-peasy....

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

That's a pretty one, Shadow!

Very, very nice Shadow. I love when the electric blue is mixed with the purples.

Rolling Seas

Thumbnail by venu209

Hatsu Kagami

Thumbnail by venu209

Hatsu Kagami is wonderful (I'm a 3F girl).

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

A couple of oldies:

Miss Duluth

Thumbnail by pollyk
Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Tealwood

Thumbnail by pollyk
Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Unknown, probably one of C. McEwens. Opened today. I thought the show was over, but this one and a white surprised me.

Thumbnail by mittsy

White one from PFF

Thumbnail by mittsy

Folks came to my garden today. We had a t-storm last night so the shredded sibs were in evidence this AM. Took me 3 hours to deadhead/primp. Later the sun came out. Perfect! About 20 people came.

Thumbnail by boojum

One more.

Thumbnail by boojum

Another.

Thumbnail by boojum
Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

Boojum you have a beautiful yard. You should be very proud of it. I am in awe of all your hard work.

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Boojum, I have been worried about your weather and guest. Your garden looks grand. Now you have another one next week! You are such a trooper. Wish we could come, but I need to be here with my Brooklyn pals. More beardless out today. I am so in love with the little 'Here be Dragons' that I got from PollyK. Patti

Thumbnail by bbrookrd

Your deadheading really paid off, just beautiful!

Thanks, Mittsy!

McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

Beautiful yard, beautiful sibs. I like the way you have them all planted together in their own bed; you really get a show when they all bloom.
Do you grow TB's also?

I do. Mostly historic clumps and a few newer ones. But the newer ones are mostly unhappy in the bed I have them in. TBs are my least favorite iris though. They move around so I lose their names; they don't bloom with each other (I grow everything for color combos); and they die easily if too wet (always too wet here). I started collecting historics because they are so much more reliable, but they never can replace my love for beardless. When I joined DG, I was shocked that there was no separate category for beardless iris. I didn't realize that everyone didn't know about them (being deep in siberian land here in New England). That's why I post madly in June!

Between the Lines yesterday.

Thumbnail by boojum

Roy's Repeater.

Thumbnail by boojum

Rain damage on that one.
Creme Caramel.

Thumbnail by boojum

Love this one. One more.

Thumbnail by boojum

Neat trick. This is a bit too blue. It is a rich purple.

Thumbnail by boojum

Bellissima.

Thumbnail by boojum

Shirley Pope.

Thumbnail by boojum

Diana Blue is starting.

Thumbnail by boojum

Another with my big shoe.