Thumbnail by boojum
Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

Sibtosa Princess.

Thumbnail by boojum

Little Tricolor.

Thumbnail by boojum
Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Isn't Summer Sky just the best. Even after all the new intros, I just love that older one.

Appointer.

Thumbnail by boojum

I agree. Here's another opening.

Thumbnail by boojum

Dirigo Black Velvet in the garden.

Thumbnail by boojum
McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

Beautiful garden!

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

Nice pics

Thanks!

North Shore of L. I., NY(Zone 6b)

boojum- That picture you used to start this thread is just stunning.

:)

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

Boojum beautiful clump shots along with beautiful Iris.

Cape Coral, FL(Zone 10a)

Boojum, love your garden!!!

Tomah, WI

Your gardens are beautiful!

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

I have to add that visiting your beautiful garden is on my Bucket List. Road trip, Polly?

Having an open garden this Sunday and an RU the Sat after that (20th). You are always welcome!

Lebanon, OR

Well I will come if you want to include a round trip ticket from OR to MA, as I would love to see your gardens:)

I can never do round ups here because they are always in WA and not OR

D

South Hamilton, MA

Bloom ending in our garden but boojum is further west. good luck with all the wedding plans.

Nilwood, IL(Zone 5b)

Can anyone tell me which one this ? Thanks BEV

Thumbnail by dragonfly62
Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

It looks very much like the noid Japaese iris I purchased from Home Depot as Shiro Nihonkai What do you think? I do know it is not Shiro Nihonkai.

Thumbnail by mittsy
Lebanon, OR

Well just finished all the mulching, now pressure washing wed and help will do all the weed eating. Fri is cleanup, pickup destalking and weeding.

The 21st is just around the corner now.

Thanks Lucy

D

Sounds like my life, Dee! I had help from bbrookrd today.

Thumbnail by boojum

Some new ones are opening. Not Quite White.

Thumbnail by boojum

Don't know that pink though.
Cascade Mist.

Thumbnail by boojum

Not new but a nice Ally Oops close up.

Thumbnail by boojum

Frosted Cranberry.

Thumbnail by boojum

Roaring Jelly.

Thumbnail by boojum

Wow. Look at Summer Sky today!

Thumbnail by boojum

Ann Marie Troger.

Thumbnail by boojum

Skywings.

Thumbnail by boojum

Jaybird.

Thumbnail by boojum

Kobana.

Thumbnail by boojum
McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

Boojum, you have a gorgeous collection! Do you find that siberians are easier to grow than TB's? I am increasing my collection this year.
I could look this up, but it is quicker to ask an expert, can I divide and move sibs as soon as they are done blooming, or do I have to wait for fall? That way I can remember what color they are as I move them.

Jamaica Plain, MA(Zone 6a)

I visited Joe Pye Weed's (Jan and Marty's garden) this past weekend. Gorgeous gardens and very nice people! and I was amazed at how many different siberian seedling crosses there were - many hundreds - and very sorry to learn that a lot of really lovely ones were going to be tossed.
Apparently it's very difficult to get a true blue in siberians. Some that looked blue in pics turned out to be more purple than blue, and some were way taller than I had thought siberians could get.
As I have very little space, and would love to find a true blue (as gentian or delphinium blue - or even periwinkle) siberian or similar - and on the shorter side, does anyone have any recommendations?

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

If you want short, Baby Sister is less than a foot, and close to true blue. And very floriferous!

Thumbnail by pollyk
South Hamilton, MA

I've learned to be careful looking at flowers at JPW. When I liked one, Marty would say 'only 2 buds' & it was going to be discarded. He's right & that is why they have such great plants. 'Annick' is another short 'blue' but perhaps not quite as blue as 'Baby Sister'.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

I understand completely, Lucy. That would break my heart. I'm sure that's why they have the best sib intros in the whole wide world, but don't they understand one man's trash is another man's treasure, LOL? I would just love to have their discards.

South Hamilton, MA

Focus is on getting the best plants. I have tossed a few of my seedlings, then cried although I know I was right.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.