CLOSED: Free Seed for Newbies!! Come on in!! New Thread 05/28/2009

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Wow those are great ideas too. You guys are clever!! Can we see what you've done Seray???I would love to see your recycled butter churn and crock pot. I think I have an old crock ....the old butter or salt pork ones right?

Hi Arejay

That's right. Those heavy old crocks that our grandmothers saved. Here's a pic

Thumbnail by

Here's the japanese iris. Kinda new. Queen's Tiara. Can't wait until it blooms

Thumbnail by

Here's the plunge project. Thanks for looking. :)

Thumbnail by
Saint Cloud, FL(Zone 9b)

haha! That's cool!

Kelley, one of the flower nurserys around here wanted to put a water pond and just put landscape timber stacked 3-4 tall and put in liner and filled with water , so they could start selling water plants. You could use cement blocks or The web site that I visit,sometimes has the pre-molded ponds that have 3 shelves to sit plants that don't need to go deep and in the center you can put Lilies or lotus or what you want. I've also noticed at the local feed and seed stores, they have a large black container used to water animals and would make a great water garden. Check around, you can find something you will like. Also walmart has a round barrell inside, plastic with rope handles that would be good also and not expensive. I used one of those to keep some lotus in untill I lined my pond and filled with water. And they come in different colors.

Seray53, thats beautiful. Great job, something you can be proud of for a long time to come.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Seray53, thats beautiful. I love it!
Heres my pond update for today I am pooped now.

Thumbnail by arejay59
Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

one more

Thumbnail by arejay59
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

I love it, Robin!! All that work is worth it when it's all said and done.

I noticed your light on the side of the building. Where did you get it?

Kelly

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

That Plunge Project is wonderful, everything looks great.

I bought one of those plastic tubs today, told my husband i was going to plant more veggies on the deck. Got it at Ollie's Closeouts for $4.99. Purple with white handles.

I have a sauerkraut crock in the garage. It will make a lovely water garden, got to get it out!

Way to go, you guys rock. Wonderful ideas!
Gotta go move compost, a friend delivered a trailer full today and he wants his trailer back asap. Too bad the trailer wouldn't fit through the gate. I wouldn't have to move it so far.

Robin, I love it. You rock, girl! I wish I had rocks lying around here, I could get to finish around mine. Your plants are super. And I love the climbing bears. That is precious. I just love it. You are giving me ideas now and my husband says I'm dangerous when I get ides.

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

Hey Gals your all dangerous to me when you put these ideas on the thread and I get to thinking I CAN DO THAT TO !!!! LOL

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

LOL... I am thinking of combining my idea for a 'Black/Gothic' flower garden with the idea of a 'dry' pond... hrmmmmmmmmmmmm! either that, or I'm gonna make a freshly dug 'grave' to plant them in... WOOT! put my faux finishing skills to work and paint a piece of plywood to look like a marble headstone. I know ya'll think I'm crazy... and you would be right!

This message was edited Jun 5, 2009 4:39 PM

GO FOR IT. YOU CAN DO IT! BUT we want pictures.

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

LOL cue your funny !

Seray53, I love your greenhouse. Mind if I ask where you found it? I've been building mine and take it down each spring then have to go again each fall with new plastic and all, but I like that one.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Cue you have fun with your black garden whichever way you decide to build it but dont gforget to take pictures for us. THank You all for the compliments...Bowing...curtsey... thank You,
Kelly the light came from Lowes I think.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Thanks, Robin. I will have to check out Lowes. I'm in the market for some new outside lighting - lol.

Kelly

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

I started all of my black flower seeds today. 8 - 4inch pots.. woo hoo! can wait till they sprout. Im so excited. planning this Goth Garden is so much darn fun!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Hey, Kel!! Make sure you post pics of that Goth Garden. Can't wait to see it!

Kelly

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

I will definitely do that! My neighbor next door thinks I've gone quite mad. I just chuckle and walk away... just adding fuel to the fire. Nothing like stirring the kettle!

-Kelz

We gonna be watching "COPS", Florida episodes, for cues profile. See if her neighbor shows up too.

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

LOL.. whats funny is, my neighbor is an ex cop from South FL. ROTFL... I think I am being 'profiled'.

This message was edited Jun 5, 2009 8:27 PM

Hi Kelly,

Mittsy asked me to send a picture of my tub water garden. The tall plant in the tub (back right) is the Louisiana Iris. It has been in the tub about a year and it bloomed for the first time last month.

Joyce

Thumbnail by Joyce128

Kelly,

Here is a picture of the Louisiana Iris in bloom.

Joyce

Thumbnail by Joyce128
Saint Cloud, FL(Zone 9b)

Totally cool! I want to get me a tub like that! But those ceramic ones are so expensive! They have a larger one at the HD for about 30 bucks I've been thinking about getting.

WOW! That IS cute! What are the little balls floating on top? The flower is beautiful.

They are glass balls that I purchased for $1 each at a garden store that was moving to a new location (and wanted to reduce their inventory).

Thanks for the nice feedback. Pond's looking good Arejay. I think you have engineer genes. Not only are your rocks stacked great but the leveling is smooth and even.

Mekos the greenhouse came from Growers Supply I think. www.growerssupply.com/farm/supplies/home It sat for awhile before we put it up. Wish I had a larger one. Naturally. I do a makeshift for some of the tropicals with plastic. It's a pain.

Cue I'll keep my eye out for black plants. Can't wait to see the headstone.

Looking forward to seeing the sauerkraut crock Mittsy.

This is so much FUN!!!!!!!!

How pretty Joyce!!! I love the balance.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Joyce that is such a cite tub pond!! I think we should all have one...point us to the co-op for the tubs and save us all a Louisianna Ires root!! I have to have one. Ill mix it up just a bit so you wont feel completely copied ok??? THe Kelly twins are at it again I see. Playing cops and ghosts girls?
Thank You for the compliments Seray you must have been teaching that class though I must say.
Froukie, If you found a tub like that for thirty dollars you should buy them up and coop them out!! I cant find a ceramic anything for that!!

I want to take a minute and thank you all for making this such a fun thread. I appreciate each of you very much.
Good Night
Robin

GOOD NIGHT< JOHN BOY. (THE WALTONS)???

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Lol Good night Jan girl!!

Hey you people, before you turn in, will you look at plant ID and see if you know what kind of crinum lily blondhavmofun has? She really wants to know. I'm gone for tonight. GOOD NIGHT EVERYONE.

Thumbnail by mekos
Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Wow, love the tub garden... very cool *adds to list of projects*

kelly twins.. ROTFL...

as i get this Goth Garden rolling, I'll take pics for everyone to see my weirdness in progress! lol.

Thanks for the pics joyce, I now have a good idea of just where to place one in my garden!

Kelz

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

I wish I knew what that lily is I would have to go find one. It looks like it smaell great! I will let you know if I find it. Maybe Mittsy or Flower will know.
Robin

Saint Cloud, FL(Zone 9b)

The tub I mentioned at HD is actually plastic. I didn't specify. It isn't as pretty but it's bigger and has 2 levels. I think it would be a great place for a whole bunch of water plants!

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

I did know the name of it as I have got a couple of them but you know what I don't have tags for them and I have forgot the correct name for them. I also have a couple of the giant criniums too.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

The kelly twins - too funny Robin! You might have to start calling us the loca twins, though... Because I'm well, loca already, and she's planting like a cemetery in her backyard. Some folks might find that a little crazy. I think it's great.

Robin - took Mom to the airport tonight. She's off to freeze her booty off back in Maine - lol!

Joyce - I love love love your water garden. That's really great! Someday maybe I'll do some kind of water feature. You all are a great inspiration!

Good Night!!

the other kelly twin...

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.