water features, fountains and ponds

Santa Fe, NM

I wanted to post some pictures of my "water feature" in its current state of being. It is a work in progress. I know Brenda has a little pond. Lets see what your pond is like! Post pictures here.

Thumbnail by roybird
Santa Fe, NM

Please note my creative vine strategy! It's an electrical cord to the pump.

Thumbnail by roybird
Santa Fe, NM

A detail. I have a lot of fun with decorative pond stuff.

Thumbnail by roybird
Santa Fe, NM

I got some polished rock gravel at Petco! And some bigger polished rocks at Jackalope. Got some marble pieces and tiles at the Habitat for Humanity Re-sale store. The old rice warmer came from a second hand store. I'm always finding stuff.

Thumbnail by roybird
Santa Fe, NM

Another detail. My neighbor gave me some rocks. KTalia, do you recognize your ground cover here?

Thumbnail by roybird
Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Very pretty, Roybird! Love all the details, and I bet you love the sound of the running water. Here's a (repeat) pic of our little pond. Our next project is going to be a log fountain for the shade garden... made to coordinate with the logs that form the raised bed and made out of more logs.

Brenda

Thumbnail by bsavage
Santa Fe, NM

Very nice planter around the edge of your pond. I saw the picture of your new shade bed. Looks like a good one. I'll have to see the log fountain. We have lots of logs around here.

Reno, NV

Both lovely. Water feature is definatly on my list of things to do in the garden.

Edited to add-

Thank you Roybird =)

This message was edited May 26, 2009 10:23 AM

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

O it's changed so much from the last time you piced it roybird! It's beautious. I see the Canadian Rockies rock too ^_^ I so want to put that stripey miscanthus in our water feature (when we build it). That and a 'Blue Melody' camassia. I can't wait to see the log fountain Brenda!

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

You are all doing great things with water features while I still try to landscape my front yard. Sigh. Slow but getting there. And then there is the veggie area out back -- mostly still unplanted. Oh well. Someday I will get to a water feature.

Reno, NV

I share the feeling Paja. But since I never seem to do things in the right order it just might work out ;)

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Everyone in he neighborhood knows that while I haven't landscaped my front yard -- at least not very well, I have a forest of irises and veggies in my vacant lot -- not very decoratively arranged. We do what we want to do and I like to play with irises and veggies.

Santa Fe, NM

I realized that I like making "installations" which is pretty much what I like about gardening. Now, I'm also thinking of photographs more. The plants are a means to an end which always changes. Hard to keep up with! One of my friends is a super designer and is working on an all green and white garden. I should go take pictures!

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Roybird, I love your water feature, very inviting and nourishing to the eye!

Yours too Brenda, but I already complimented you in another thread, you have that lovely blue table too.... ;-)

My water feature consists of a low glass bowl filled with water on the white board that is a bench on the two rocks. I put it there in case birds got thirsty but I have not seen anyone drink or bath there yet.......

my friend who was gonna send for a loaner her spare camera is not sending cause her other camera broke so she needs the spare.

ah well. Budget right now doesn't have a camera in it, so.

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Kyla... maybe it wouldn't hurt to post a "want' on Craigslist.com in your area for a camera... you never know. I gave my old one to someone who worked for me, someone near you may have one that is going unused!

I'm hoping that our friends that we will see this weekend will have remembered to bring their "drilling tool"... I need a long drill to go all the way through a log vertically, through which to run the tube from the pump. Then we have to dig a hole to place the "tub" in for the base. Already have the logs, LOL!

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Good idea, Brenda, I may try that! I have not used Craigslist before, so I never think of it as an option......

good luck with your drilling!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.