Flower pix in word and pixel, and other II

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Here is a Standard Dwarf Bearded Iris, in bloom today. It is called Spring Peeper and has a lovely history -- it was hybridize by a DG member named Indashade and given to members for postage two years ago. I kept it in a flower pot for two years, but when I finally put it in the soil, it rewarded me with a bloom right away. It is about 8 inches high.

Here is where our thread came from:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/983773/

Thumbnail by pajaritomt
Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

YAY Paj, thank you for the new thread. ;-)

Carson City, NV(Zone 6b)

I love everyone's irises and columbines. I had meant to write that my friend wants to grow a thyme lawn because her current grass lawn is over taxing their well system. We'll pick out some thyme varieties and see if the geese develop a taste for them. I wonder if the geese would taste like thyme from eating it.

Here are some new flowers waiting for me when I got home. They are from a DG trade and this is the first time they have bloomed.

Thumbnail by Katlian
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

My pleasure. And here is a new iris picture -- name unknown to me.

Thumbnail by pajaritomt
Carson City, NV(Zone 6b)

Hehe, oops. They're pretty anyway.

Here are the Dutch iris that have managed to survive (I used to have a lot more but they have slowly dwindled).

Thumbnail by Katlian
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Dutch irises are every much irises as the bearded ones. Unfortunately they are annuals here where I live. Lovely picture.

Santa Fe, NM

Very pretty!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Today spring is coming in the Sante Fe Rockery with some new plantings and other stuff.

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

A looksee from another angle.

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Violas cuz I luv them

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Dicentra coming on strong now.

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

My first dahlia in bloom this season . I'm all misty (sniff)

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

species tulipa tarda

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

tulipa looking like a spider nest

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

berginia flower spike that got froze still making a valient effort to open

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

dicentra

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

new heuchera seedling looking verrrrrrrry interesting for colour

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

even more interesting heuchera seedlings. I don't know if you can tell but the variegation in the leaves is pink. Cool!

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

This one is going to be interesting.

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

TA DA! The blue gate with arabis "Snow Cap" in bloom. Note the lawner actually wed and fed which is why the 'lawn' part looks so rude.

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

This is a really bad pic of the chionadoxa but I like it so I'm sharing ^_^

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

'Lady Diana'

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I finish with a cheerful primula

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Lovely things, Dahlia.

Santa Fe, NM

What a pretty dahlia and so Early! I love the species tulips, too. And everything! The blue gate is lovely. I think I remember it from last year.

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Ooooh! All so very pretty! Love the blue gate, love all the green growth, love the bleeding heart, love it all! Is that early for a dahlia? I have my first peekings through of dahlia tubers planted a week or so ago!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I start my dahlias in the greenhouse and the Borders are always blooming in June.

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Oh. I need a greenhouse!

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Dahlia, I love all your flowers and also the Santa Fe Rockery. It looks so much like Santa Fe.

Katlian,
I love the idea of a thyme lawn. I am not sure it would be any better than grass as far as the well is concerned, but it would certainly be more beautiful. Not sure how well it would handle traffic, though.

Santa Fe, NM

I saw Pajarito's iris at the Iris Show earlier today. She won several blue ribbons and some red ribbons as well! Her iris were all gorgeous. I didn't bring my camera so I hope she got pictures.

Ennis, MT(Zone 4a)

Congratulations Paj!!!

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Thanks, all! I am embarrassed to say that I didn't take a single picture at the show today, even though I brought my camera. I was so exhausted I could hardly stand up. I was in charge of getting local merchants to surprise 18 ( or so) prizes. I worked all day, every day for about 4 days -- not to mention sending out letters to Iris growers weeks before -- to get these prizes. I had many lovely irises this year, but only got 5 in the show because I was too busy going to local businesses to get prizes. But I did get them and got lots of compliments on the quality of the prizes. And I did much better in the show than last year, my first show. I have already announced I am not going to do prizes next year, but will spend my time entering irises in the show. I will eventually post pictures of my prizewinners -- but not from the show-- from in the garden where they are much prettier.
In the end, the only thing I like about the shows is seeing so many beautiful irises and teaching people about iris. To this end, the show was very effective and I even learned a lot myself.
Thanks, roybird, for coming. It was great to see a familiar face.
I am going into hibernation for a day or two before I do anything else important. I bet I will plant a lot of flowers, though. That is my therapy.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

CONGRATS PAJ!! That is everso exciting! I KNEW you would do well with all your beauties!

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Yes, congratulations! No wonder you didn't take pictures --you would have had to be two people to do another thing, it sounds like.

Happy hibernating, I would too after all that stimulation, and happy planting!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Planted out for another 8 hours (whew!) but still made time to capture some luvlys. MayDay is starting. I'll take a pic when it's 45 feet of blossoms.

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Nanking cherry also starting

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Lots of Toms in fleur now WHOO HOO!

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Bee magnet. 7 weeks stocks (my annual queen buddy dropped a couple off)

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Dianthus 'Ideal Select'. I can't have enough (blurry pic though)

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

EEK! Sage is doing a take over of the herb bed. Notice it marching down through the sedums. Bye bye sage. You will be banished next spring to a tougher spot. Too bad, so sad. (Also notice my 'delawning' in the back ground piled on the bag tee hee)

Thumbnail by dahlianut

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.