Recent travels

Carson City, NV(Zone 6b)

I have been working on our photo album for our recent trip to the Oregon Coast. Here is an album with our favorites http://picasaweb.google.com/janelj54/OregonCoastVacation#

I posted this panorama in Go Gardening but it was resized so small that you can't see it very well. So I'm posting the Panoramio link instead. If you click on the photo you get the medium sized version. http://www.panoramio.com/photo/22504148

I love photoshop. Can you tell where I erased the inmate work crew from the panorama? I took several series of panorama shots but that is the only one I have assembled and touched up so far. I'll post more as I get them done.

Thumbnail by Katlian
Santa Fe, NM

Very pretty! I use Photoshop Elements and really love being able to take out aphids or power lines.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Nice.

See no inmates. But Mulch will probably be able to detect where they were before being rendered invisible. ;-) (I think it is she who knows that stuff, but my memory is not at all reliable..... fortunately I don't need it all that much.)

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Beautiful photo. I will check out the rest. I find myself thinking about moral implications of erasing the convict crew, the telephone lines, and even the aphids -- but not for long. I put it in the back of my mind for now and truly enjoy those lush falls.

Littleton, CO(Zone 5a)

Great pictures Janel! They actually look as good as being there. Do they still let you take the trails that go down under the falls at Silver Creek State park? I always loved that part most as a girl. For a long time the tide pools at Cannon Beach were in severe decline. I used to work down there with my natural biology class to inform people to stay off the rocks and to clean up litter in the pools. It looks like they're actually doing a lot better! I haven't been out there in years.

Carson City, NV(Zone 6b)

Yep, they still let you walk behind the waterfall but with DH on crutches we skipped it this time. The day we were at Cannon Beach there were about 100 people there including a large school group and there were several volunteers manning telescopes (for watching the seabirds) and educational displays.

The next day we had Cape Kiwanda to ourselves and I thought the tidepool area was much more interesting and less trampled than Cannon Beach. I guess it helps that Kiwanda is off the main highway. They let you drive on the beach there so I was able to drive Reese fairly close to the tidepools so he didn't have to crutch so far. The way the tidepools are formed (rock fins set in the sand) was also much easier for him to navigate than the boulders at Cannon Beach.

I had nothing against the work crew, they were doing a great job. But the large orange sign and guys with hedge trimmers detracted from the serenity of the garden. We had to imagine strolling along and listening to the birds instead of the power tools. Had I known it would be so noisy I would have brought my earplugs. But the work has to be done or it wouldn't look so nice.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I want to go to Oregon! I have never been there.

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

I'm ready to go swimming.

Littleton, CO(Zone 5a)

I can see you went up 101, did you take 101 back or did you take 26 and cut over to Portland? If you took 26, you probably drove right by my parents place!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

O WOWSER! How beautiful!

Reno, NV

Beutiful. Definatly time for swimming.

Carson City, NV(Zone 6b)

We actually took 5 up to Portland, with a side trip to Silver Falls. We visited my parents (who live near 26 on the east side of town) and then took 26 to 101 down to Arcata.

It was definitely a lovely trip and we will probably go back to several places once Reese can walk again (doctor says another month on crutches). I don't think we would have gone swimming though because that water is cold!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

All relative ma amie. I would have jumped in just for the scream factor ^_^

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

So would my DH. He will swim in water so cold I can't put my hand in it for long. I accuse him of being part fish. He is an excellent scuba and free diver -- can easily free dive down to 25 feet. He did a lot of retrieving of lost snorkles and masks at 25 feet when we were in Thailand -- for tourists who lost their masks. No one could believe that he could do that -- including me.

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Wow!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.