Today's Weather in Your Garden - 46

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

almost ready to break down and put the air on... what a woose I am

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Hit 90 here. 83 now. Much too hot for my liking. Had to clean the house today. Did not put the a/c on.

Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

89 here but I spent the day in a school with a/c. My home is a/c-less. Not a normal window in the barn and many that don't even open!!

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Oh, No, Boo.......That's not good when the freak 90s hit!! We worked outside all morning and then did errands most of the afternoon.....the heat wasn't a problem while I was planting some rows in the garden. Got in 3 rows of onions, a section of potatoes and 2 rows of green beans. It's a start!

Isn't life grand? I think this is my fav time of year because I love the anticipation the best!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Almost????put the air on...running for the past couple days, thank you........ set at 77

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

wow Jen... we haven't had to take that step yet... the cool nights up here help

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Our house is weird...we have a bi-level and the downstairs stays so much cooler as it's built with cinderblock from the foundation to about 3 1/2 ' high. Hubby will eventually put in 2 zones and I'm hoping to get 2 ceiling fans installed in our living room, upstairs.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

yeah same here... but all I have to do is right now put the air on for just a few mins to get the days heat out and I am good to go all night with it off

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

64 now going up to 74... thunderstorms today

:(

East Bridgewater, MA

It's 7am, and I wait all year for beautiful mornings like this!

The sky is clear, the birds are in full song, a mild 59 degrees...perfect!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

yes... a bit humid here... but still real nice!

We had an early rain shower. I was planning on watering the siberians this AM so now I'm FREEEEEE! Cool today with possible Tstorms this afternoon. Love this temperature!!

70 and partly sunny.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

77 with 60% humidity, rain expected later

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

83 with 65% humidity. Yukky!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

57 now going up to 79... thunderstorms again today... but we had a nice cool sleeping night again

Tstorms early this AM, now cloudy.

Showers later............. on the road again.

Good morning, all. Been spending the past day with my parents. Partly sunny and 68. Showers in the forecast for much of the next five days.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

We didn't get any rain yesterday so today is real sticky. Partly cloudy.
79 with 62% humidity

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

Mid 70's here. It's a little breezy as the wind is coming off the lake(Erie), making it feel a little cooler. It is sunny however.

Very humid day here too. 79 now. Heard rumbles and thought we would get rain a few times, but did not.

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

84 with 65% humidity.. No promised rain.

Yucky all over! I am no fan of my neighbor to one side, but I liked what he did yesterday. He had a large outdoor party and had a truck in his yard whose sole purpose was to hoist up a huge American flag! You could see it for miles around.

This message was edited May 24, 2009 6:39 PM

Thumbnail by victorgardener
Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

None here either, very humid and hot. Turned the AC on today. Mom needs it drier so she can breathe more easily. Who am I kidding?... I would have turned it on anyway. ^_^

I have been resisting the a/c.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Re: AC If mama ain't happy, then ain't nobody happy!!

Very cool, that flag!

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Very cool, Victor!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Awesome flag.....I can't deal with the humidity so I need the a/c.

Thomaston, CT

It was hot & humid at my cousin's picnic today---then the T-storms hit----but, 10 miles away at our house---dry. It finally rained hard--yea!--and the tornado warnings were for the county below us---if I had known there were warnings out, I would have panicked, esp. since we were out on the deck under an awning---not much protection!

South Hamilton, MA

Heavy rain shower just as I was going out to take iris pictures. (*&^%^% Weather man!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

well we had a shower for a split second yesterday.... not even enough to wet the ground... going to go out and water after my coffee

63 now going up to 76

Beautiful day today and chances of frost tonight. Here we go again.

Same here. Guess I won't put the orchids and houseplants out today as planned.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Same here Sherrie.......looks like it will dip down quite a bit. This is what I found under the heading 'severe weather alert".........

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN GRAY HAS ISSUED A FROST
ADVISORY...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM TO 7 AM EDT TUESDAY.

AN UNSEASONABLY COLD AIR MASS WILL MOVE OVER NORTHERN NEW
ENGLAND TONIGHT...COMBINED WITH A MAINLY CLEAR AND CALM NIGHT. THIS WILL
ALLOW WIDESPREAD FROST TO FORM IN INTERIOR LOCATIONS LATER
TONIGHT...AS TEMPERATURES FALL INTO THE UPPER 20S TO MID 30S. EVEN
THOUGH SOME OF THE NORMALLY COLDER SPOTS WILL FALL BELOW
FREEZING...A HARD FREEZE IS NOT EXPECTED.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

have to check the weather for here - sounds like it will be plastic bag time again for the t-plants.

Thomaston, CT

Nooo----not frost! All is planted in the gardens. Heading to Goshen for our 2nd Memorial Day picnic---hope everyone has a grand day.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

75 high of 82
52% humidity

Kids didn't want to go to the parade today...I have weird kids.

75 and sunny. Nice day!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.