Today's Weather in Your Garden - 46

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Coming from here:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/981465/

Man, this has been one crazy weather roller-coaster. Frost warning for tonight. Forecast calls for a high of 80 on Wednesday! Can a blizzard be far behind??

Thumbnail by victorgardener
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

We have frost warning for tonight and thursday it will be 80 here. This is NUTS!!

South Hamilton, MA

Going to miss the Custom House Tower on the first post. In the high 40s here & going down. It better not frost as I would lose the remaining coleus.

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Frost tonight and tomorrow, then well into the 80s later this week here too. Hank is tilling the garden as we speak......nothing is going in just yet, except the broccoli is in and it likes the cold temps. Our visit from the daughters and grands over the weekend kept us from shooting ourselves in the foot by planting things too early. Ahhhhh, saved from ourselves again!!
Brrrrrrrrrrrr!

Thomaston, CT

Yep---frost warnings here as well---cloudy today & a high of 58---March was nicer! Yes, Sherrie, we'll be close to you. My DH's high school alumni banquet is Sat. after the parade in West Leb. We'll be heading home early Sun. morn to make my cousin's Mem. Day picnic at 1:00. Another picnic on Mon. up at the farm.

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

I CANNOT believe that Memorial Day is almost here already!!!! Where did May go???

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

59 today, 70 tomorrow and the rest of the week. Wedding(outside) to go to Fri. Hope it stays nice. OH is as changable as the rest of you.

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Just stepped out into the garden in my office clothes. Good grief it's cold out!! Was sweating like crazy on Sunday.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

amazing right?

Maine, United States(Zone 5b)

Will frost affect perennials and hydrangeas that are leafing out? (macrophylla type that bloom on old wood). I just had surgery and get out to cover things...I don't want to loose my blooms :(

Outside and I was FROZE - not but really cold. Tonight Tender Perenials take cover!! Get Smart 007!

Go and do it and be safe - I am all covered up !!!

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

I haven't covered any of my perennials, including my hydrangeas, but I may regret that! I will bring in my new "hot air balloon" hummer feeder (a Mom's Day gift) because it is glass and could possibly break. All of my transplants from Fla. and my new not-yet-planted flowers are inside still anyway.

Thumbnail by DonnieBrook

I haven't covered anything either. Just brought in a few things. Today was so nasty. I didn't do anything outside. Tomorrow will be a busy day!

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Victor - what do you have on your agenda tomorrow? Will it also freeze in your area tomorrow night? Now that we have the veggie garden ready for planting, I'm anxious to get going with it. I've got to visit Sherrie first to get my veggies.

Thumbnail by DonnieBrook

Wow - great size veggie garden, Louise. I'll be planting perennials and shrubs tomorrow. Might start on some containers and baskets too.

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

I'm especially fond of the back fencing, Victor! LOL It now has almost invisible taller mesh fencing to keep the deer and moose out in the rear. I like the black fencing better.

I'm anxious to get started on my barrels and baskets too. Have fun!!

Wish I had moose!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

Louise I love that feeder!!

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

We lost a row of 12' high sunflowers' heads one year....no sign of even a seed left. ... just chomped off about 12 feet off the ground!! We couldn't figure out where they had gone until we saw the cloven hoof prints in the garden. Wish we had seen the action in person!!

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Thanks, Allison! It is very colorful with the sun shining through the glass panels! I like it too!!

Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

I covered a bunch of stuff-the fancy lady slippers and all my budded peonies and other stuff. When I do that we don't get frost. I hope.

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

it's so cold here also... and I planted my tomatoes! oh so dumb... 70's tomorrow ... 84 for Thu and Fri... oh dear! definitely new england kind of weather... I just heard that this frost should last 4 hours... it was so cold I could not stay outside this afternoon... which is pretty unusual for me... just hope my all babies make it...

Its right at 32 with frost all over the back yard.

Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

No frost here. Temp 34. Phew! Time to pick up the towels and sheets.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I don't see any frost... but boy is it cold... 37 now going up to 72

37 was the low here. 45 and sunny now.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Was 33 here, is now up to 41...there was frost on the towel I used to cover some annuals.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

good thing you had the towel on them!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I really didn't expect to see it...but yeah , glad I covered them. It was one basket that is mounted to the side of the deck , I can't just pick it up and take it in. I knew it was to soon to fill but I was antsy! lol

East Bridgewater, MA

At 6am: 48 degrees, weatherman says sunny!

8:45am: The sun is out! The sun is out! Send Paul Revere on his horse to notifiy the outlying villages that today we can get into the garden!

I had a few annuals get bit - nothing major as there is not much planted. One 6 pack.

Thomaston, CT

Frost here this morn at 6:30, but a light one! Yes, the sun is warm now, & my plants are going outside!

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

On it's way to 70. DH opened the windows for the cats. Sunny with a light breeze.

South Hamilton, MA

Getting warm now. Coleus came through the night all right. If it gets too hot I can't work in the garden. Not everyone has window sitting cats.

And not everyone has the temps going down to 32 again tonight! One Heuchera got the big bite last night!

Thomaston, CT

Oh, no! I thought they were hardier than that! And my tomatoes are staying out---it had better be warmer than 32 here.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

Luckily no frost warnings here tonight. One cat sat in the kitchen window all day. If I were to close it now, he would give me a very dirty look! 70's are called for all week.

South Hamilton, MA

Wed & Thurs into the 80s, ugh! I'm hoping for the spring tidings,'cooler near the coast'.

40 - I guess we made it, all though we still have a couple of hours to go.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.