Looking for Bamboo

Port Huron, MI(Zone 5b)

Hi Folks,
Sandy here. I am looking for anyone who would be interested in trading some bamboo..please email me and I'm sure we can work something out
Sandy

Valley Village, CA

Sandy, do you know anything about a variegated bamboo leaf. Not the cane, the leaf? I just got a few recently, but really don't know what I have and is it considered rare? Crasulady

Port Huron, MI(Zone 5b)

I'm sorry, but I know nothing. As far as propogating with a leaf,. you might want to inquire on the propogation forum..
When you find out, I would love to know
Sandy

Richmond Hill, GA(Zone 8b)

Hi Sandy! I just purchased some bamboo over the weekend. Actually, I purchased 15 plants! Let me tell you what I have:

1.) Phyllostachys viridis cv. Robert Young (a yellow running bamboo. Maximum ht of 40 feet tall with a cane maximum diameter of 3 inches. Hardy to -5 degrees F.)

2.) Phyllostachys nigra ( a running Black Bamboo. Maximum ht of 30 feet tall with a maximum cane diameter of 2 inches. Hardy to 0 degrees F.)

3.) Bambusa multiplex ( a clumping bamboo---this is the stuff you see everywhere. Maximum ht of 35 feet tall with a maximum cane diameter of 1 1/2 inches. Hardy to 12 degrees F)

What kind of bamboo do you have?

Terri

BTW, I have some addresses for mail order companies if you'd like me to post them. Just let me know. :)

Terri

Port Huron, MI(Zone 5b)

Terri, I have no bamboo, and would love to have the addy's that you offered to share, or perhaps you would like to share(in a trade) a small piece of root (or is it rhizome) in a trade. The phyllostachys viridis cv.Robert Young and/or phyllostachys nigra both sound wonderful
Sandy

Sandy, I'm going to email you. :)

Pete

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.