DG Swap Pictures

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Wisdomskr, Oh how wonderful. Your adorable children must be so proud of you. What a great accomplishment. The swap was great but there will be more of them and hopefully you will make it to one of those. A "BIG CONGRATS" to you.

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Love the photos of Gita and Bobby taking photos of each other. LOL

Thanks, Stormy. I imagine I can contain myself and just admire your necklace from afar. LOL on the hartness. Now that's a concept.

Congratulations, Wisdom! That's a wonderful photo.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Great pics! Looks like a wonderful day.

Congrats, Wisdomskr. Great accomplishment!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Congrats, wisdom!

Falls Church, VA(Zone 7b)

Ecology is a hot field at this time!! Congratulations on your hard work well done, Wisdomskr!! And the kids are beautiful, too!!

Happy--you look really happy there!! :-)

Holly--your property is perfect for such a gig. It is a lovely country site. Where is the wisteria? What kind is it?

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

ya'll didn't see that critters clogs matched her shirt!
Congrats graduate!

Mechanicsville, MD

Thanks for the congrats. I took a class last semester about native plants of Maryland and have started to incorporate some into my landscape. I might have some to bring to the next swap. Critterologist; I do get up that way a couple of times a year because we have friends who live in Knoxville. I would love to see your garden some time.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Foxnfirefly, You can see the wisteria in this pic.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=6561104
it is that huge green mass at the side of the house. It was on the way out bloom wise at swap time, most were gone but a few lingered on.
Here is a pic of it when it was in full bloom just a week or two ago.
We had plenty of space and parking. The back yard is pretty empty garden wise as there are several projects back there that will require bringing in heavy equipment, so most of the planed beds are in hold till the equipment gets in and out.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

and it still smelled great!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Yes, that smell was wonderful and YAY I got a stick from it :)

Crozet, VA

I am like Jill on the account of packing a camera and then promptly forgetting to take it out. Thank you to those with better minds. All of the pictures are great.

Caption for Sally - "I probably didn't need that last drink." lol

Good work there, Wisdom.

Sorry that we missed those who didn't get there this time but hopefully people will continue volunteering to host these things and we will enjoy more good days together in the future.

Have fun planting this week.

Ruby

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Holly, I'm in awe at how easy it was to park at your place! Hart had plenty of parking room, also... If I ever host a swap of this size, I'm afraid some folks will be parking two blocks away at the community center!

Of course, I'm even more in awe at your yarden... lots of space, and wonderful curving beds that really complement the straight lines of the house & lot!

Sally, I've now got pink & purple Crocs for summer, and a black pair plus brown "Woolly Mammoth" Crocs (lined with fuzzy fleece, plus extra traction on the soles) for winter. They're just the most comfortable shoe I've ever worn. :-)

I'm with Ruby -- more parties, please! It would be great to just get together over the summer, no need to make it a swap (although I know this crowd will bring plants to any gathering! LOL).

Falls Church, VA(Zone 7b)

Wow, HollyAnnS--your wisteria is loaded with blooms!! I have some but they haven't bloomed quite like that yet. I can imagine the fragrance was heavenly!! Flowerjen, if you plant that stick, you might not see the blooms for 4-6 years. It took mine 6 years to flower after transplanting.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I may take me that long to decide where to plant it. ^_^

Mount Laurel, NJ(Zone 7a)

Enjoyed all the photos ^_^ I didn't bring my camera...next time

How did I miss chickens? They must have been on the other side of the house --we didn't see that side. Holly and Ric, your place is huge!

Congratulations Wisdom!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Flowerjen, It took mine 3 years for the first bloom. When I got mine ordered from a catalogue it looked quite a bit like what you got from me. A stick with a couple of leaves. LOL

Wind, from the front yard you go thru the big clipped yew at the end of the stone wall into a small grassy yard and the disreputable Veggie Garden. I have a temp chicken pen over there and the small chicken coop that Jamie made for me. The chicks were running loose in the back fenced yard which is the dog run.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Disreputable Veggie garden which is looking much better now than it did the day of the swap. But it's still has a way to go before it's not disreputable. LOL

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

It'll get there!

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Bob & I were at this wonderful party & swap and some dear soul brought me a succulent and I forget who it was. I have since identified the plant, and after almost losing it, it is growing so well. Would appreciate it if the donor would let me know who he or she is so I can thank them and maybe get pix of the blooms for good ID.

Thumbnail by Buttoneer
Morrisville, PA(Zone 6b)

Awesome pictures!

You have quensch my thirst for pictures .... but only for the present moment.

I look forward to viewing more and someday meeting some of you in person.

MARY

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Mary--

You can visit almost any of the Posts/Threads on the MAF and you will get your fill of pictures....
Especially the "Blooms" Posts...
May blooms--June blooms--July Blooms--August blooms, etc....
We just started on September Blooms--of course--there are not that many this time of year.....

Gita

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Buttoneer I had a piece of that in a pot that Kubileya gave me. So maybe it came from her. I don't see her posting anymore but you could try to D-mail her and see if she is still on DG. Sorry I don't know what the plant is and my small piece died a couple of months ago while we were away. Good chance that someone in the Cactus/Succulent Forum could ID it for you.
Mary, We have some pretty nice plant swaps here in the MA region. This one was held at our house in May of 2009. There were two spring swaps held in the spring of 2010 one more north and one more south which made it really nice having two to chose from. We sometimes have a fall swap but I don't think anyone has been able to do one this year. Hopefully we will meet next spring at one of the swaps or maybe a winter seed swap. Sometimes we have those as well.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Yes, the breast cancer thing pretty much put a crimp in my plan to host a fall swap this year since the chemo has been knocking me on my butt... but we'll sure can do the mid-winter seed swap again, probably in early February since that timing seems to work out pretty well. That's easy for me to organize, since we've been holding it at a buffet restaurant here in Frederick! :-)

Mary, I'm glad you found our MA forum! Welcome!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.