A few pics....

Colleyville, TX(Zone 8a)

So this one won't fade. I don't think I understand which light ones fade.

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Pretty everyone!! Here's my 'asao' louise.

Thumbnail by Sofonisba
(Zone 4a)

What a vibrant colour - love it.

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Thanks Dawn. I wasn't sure I had this one right, because it was so vibrant, and I had also planted 'Ernest Markham'. this is its first year blooming. I double checked and yes, this is definitely 'Asao'.

ClematisGuru helped me ID this one, 'Pink Cameo'. Look how big it is!

Thumbnail by Sofonisba
(Lynn) Paris, TX(Zone 7b)

It's definitely not Ernest Markham.

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Yup, but I found out that Ernest Markham is a parent of Asao.

Here's another blooming like crazy. Multi Blue.

Thumbnail by Sofonisba
Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

'Dawn' seems to be happy this morning.

Thumbnail by Sofonisba
(Zone 4a)

Hahaha I must admit "Dawn" must be the most beautiful clematis...of course it has nothing to do with my name. She is very pretty.

Your multi blue is stunning! Such nice big flowers! Same as Pink Cameo - those are huge!!

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

'Haku Ookan' put out its first bloom for me two days ago.

Thumbnail by Sofonisba
(Zone 4a)

LOVE that one too - such rich colour!

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Dawn, I agree. 'Dawn' is a truly beautiful clematis!

(Zone 4a)

Teehee.

Mackinaw, IL(Zone 5a)

Wow, I am just eating this up. I had a "duh" moment after about the third "my favorite clematis" post. . .finally realized it was intentional. LOL

Wish I had the card reader handy, to show you my Proteus blooms. I just planted it last year, and it is knocking my socks off with the size of the blooms this year. Maybe tomorrow. . .

Keep those pictures coming!

Angie

Jersey Shore, NJ(Zone 7a)

Harper, your clems are gorgeous! I concur, Dawn is beautiful. Haku and Multi Blue also. Are you using your clems as I am? Hide the fence... :)

Booker,almost ALL clems are my favorite ;)

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

I'm not trying to hide anything with them. Wish I could hide my neighbors, but they won't stay still. I keep nagging myself about how I should've painted or stained the fence before I planted things to grow on it. I know the fence will begin to deteriorate soon. The fence is there so I can have clematises!!

Booker, I had the same "duh" moment!

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Hi Louise, waving back at you! Your Clematis are to die for!

Just beautiful, Sofonisba!

Mackinaw, IL(Zone 5a)

Sofonisba, I love your picture of Dawn. They almost look like they're glowing!

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Booker, I think it was the morning light. It was dawn, so Dawn was happy! Here's another shot from that time.

Thumbnail by Sofonisba
Mackinaw, IL(Zone 5a)

Wow, stunning! You ought to submit some of those photos to the DG photo contest (whenever that is. . I think it was in the fall. The winners are put into a calendar.) That last one is awesome, with some in the light, and some in shadow.

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Okay, I will! Thanks for the encouragement! There's some pretty hefty competition in that contest. I remember trying to choose the best out of sooo many greats!

A few more favorites are showing up!

Harper, I love, love that last shot!!

Anna Louise covering the arbor

Thumbnail by venu209

Comtesse de Bouchard

Thumbnail by venu209
Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

Sofonisba, that last picture of Dawn should be framed - beautiful!

Ascotiensis

Thumbnail by venu209

Princess Di. She gave me some blooms earlier this spring also.

Thumbnail by venu209

Vesuvius which I think is also sold as Galore. This is actually a very deep purple. My camera loves to add red to purple blooms.

Thumbnail by venu209

Rhapsody! Again, the camera does not do this flower color justice.

Thumbnail by venu209

Viola

Thumbnail by venu209

I love this one, but so far she has been very stingy with her blooms. Arctic Queen.

Thumbnail by venu209
Delaware, OH

venu, great shots. love your celms. you know i have been so confused by vesiuvus. i heard it was now galore. i have an arch that has venosa on it, which was sold to me years ago as violet startgazer.....andi also have a vesuvius on the same arch, and now that you have posted your pic the whole thing makes sense to me. i have been very confused with the name changes.
but galore (old vesuvious) and venosa (old stargazer) are both in bloom and i know where they are! yeah!

i bought galore again this spring before i figured out the name change thing, but no harm, it is prettier than negritana i think, and for me actually darker. i will post a photo tomorrow of them!

Appleton, WI

Venu,

Arctic Queen doesn't bloom much for me either, but I'm not giving up on it yet. I've seen photos of it covered in blooms.

I'm glad to hear that Julia. Last year wilt got her right after bloom so I was thrilled to see her pop up this spring. Next year will be year three so hopefully the leap will happen.

Thanks CG. I have found the name changes confusing also. I actually purchased Galore after already having 2 Vesuvius, so I passed it on. It does almost appear black at times it is so dark. Negritianka bit the bullet on me, so with your info I won't replace it.

Appleton, WI

I hope yours does leap, venu.

Mine needs more fertilizer right now, but everyone says not to when it's budding. I think next year I'll have to put on twice the amount that I did this year.

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Wow, stunning!!

(Zone 4a)

Venu you truly have a green thumb when it come to clematises! They are sooooo beautiful......

Thanks for making my day.

Dawn, I've seen yours and they are just as scrumptious. I also don't have to battle the zone as much as you do!

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Hi, I was out wandering around in the gardens tonight and some of my Clematis are doing just lovely...

This one is Durandi... (did I spell that right?)

Thumbnail by Ticker
Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

I have no idea who this is, but it's nice. :)

Thumbnail by Ticker
Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

This could be 'Mrs. Cholmondeley' or not...

Thumbnail by Ticker
(Lynn) Paris, TX(Zone 7b)

The last one is Durandii, so maybe the first one is Mrs. Cholmondeley

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.