TB Iris That Nobody Wanted Bed !!!

Roswell, NM(Zone 6a)

Will do but be sure and keep me in mind, lol. I enjoy working with the granddaughter she is 10 and studing to be an iris judge all ready, she has been to two schools and wants to go to the next one in Aug. So I guess that means a trip to where every in the state our iris convention is. Well I'm going to get off and get out side its finely down to just 95. Everyone have a Good Weekend Susan

Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

I'll put you both in my trade tracker.

Les

Fredericksburg, TX(Zone 8a)

LaLambchop

Did you post a pic of your new home? I saw the other thread about you finding a house, but then got behind! I wish you luck and happiness in your new home!! I can not wait for pics of all your new to you irises!!

Take Care,
Dana ; )

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

grannyh--

I would love to have one or two of those iris nobody wanted if you get a chance and feel inclined:) Those are so beautiful! Let me know and I'll get postage to you for them!

Donna

Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

Hi Dana,
Thanks for asking. I don't want to hijack granny's thread. You can see our new house pictures here:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1004146/

Les

Monroe City, MO(Zone 6a)

dmac085~Hi Donna! I'll let you know when I start dividing....I'll dmail everyone I have on this list for addresses right before I dig.

Monroe City, MO(Zone 6a)

Les~ I saw the pictures of your new home!!!!........OMG.....beautiful!!

Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

Thanks. :)

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

Thanks:) I love huge stands of iris--that's how my mom used to grow them when I was a kid.

I think I'm going to have to try to get a bed going along the side of the apt. building. Thought I got out all the canna but they are ridiculously wiley and popped up about 6 ft down the way from where I had planted them:lol: Gonna have to ammend and build up the soil level as it tends to slope back toward the building--I imagine a raised bed will have to go there.

Nilwood, IL(Zone 5b)

granny, I just this month joined the AIS and HIPS. I am 65 and I lost my mother when I was 12 but I remember all her and my grandmothers irises that they grew. I have had several older iris for yrs but never thought about naming them until I became a hostaholic and a daylilyholic. So now am a irisholic too. I have some like I say but would trade if I could but found out that mine have leaf spot and it may take three yrs to get rid of it even tho I kept the beds clean. If you have extra of Wabash or any other I would give them a good home. I am in the process of naming and it is driving me nuts. If they are not really distict it is hard to name them. There are so many lookalikes. I have had a stand of Flavensens for yrs and didn't know what they were. At Hips it says it is 1813 and on the other site it says 1830 but they are old. I am making new beds where they are not so much in the shade. If you don't have extra don't feel bad, just know that I am trying to save some of our past. HUGS BEV

Thumbnail by dragonfly62
South Hamilton, MA

When you divide them I would sugest planting a bit farther apart. This is tough when you have limited space, but can lesson spread of leaf spot. Congratuations on being 'aholic' of different plants.

Monroe City, MO(Zone 6a)

Hi BEV~

I think you're flowerbeds look gorgeous! I love how you did the pathways between the rows! I'll put you on the list! Have a nice week!

Nilwood, IL(Zone 5b)

Thanks granny!!!! HUGS BEV

Thumbnail by dragonfly62
Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

I felt so bad when I lost so many irises I planted last year... I got about 100 in a co-op... I am glad I did plant them all so I planted them in pots and look they are growing... so I will plant them in the ground when the weather gets better... so happy at least these made it...

Thumbnail by Kassia
Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

I was just dividing a couple containers--each had two small rhizomes planted back in 07. One had 6 fans and 3 increase and roots were starting to come out the bottom, the other I thought had bloomed out but the mother bulb died and it had 4 new fans and 3 small increases that had actually detached. Those loose iris babies will most likely take a couple seasons to get sized up so they'll bloom. These containers sit on a concrete slab patio and I actually found earthworms inside the container:lol: I think that's a good sign;)

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Yeah, I have a lot of bearded irises sitting around in a corner of my back yard waiting to be planted somewhere better and they do remarkably well and no gophers eat them. They are actually doing better than a lot of the iris in my raised beds with the fabulous soil!.

Monroe City, MO(Zone 6a)

Hi Everyone!~
I'm going to start digging after the July 4th holiday weekend, so let me know soon
( dmail me) where to send the rhizomes. Have a great 4th of July!!

( My son is in Afghanistan...Air Force....keep him in your prayers, please! Thank you!)

Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

Hi Victoria,
Your wonderful iris arrived safely yesterday :-)
They looked PERFECT and I thank you so much that you're taking out the time to share with all of us.It is deeply appreciated.They are planted already near a Rose Arbor in my DG friendship garden I startet.
Hugs,
Brigitte

Roswell, NM(Zone 6a)

Mine got here yesterday too, Thank You so much, sorry it took so long to get on and say that, I've got a granddaughter, all her show stock, plus horse and having to get her and them ready for the county fair next week and its been 9 years since I had to even think about doing this so running around like chicken with its head cut off. I just hope her parents work some thing out and not include the kids in the fight, keep them in your prayer's. A Loving Grandmother thats worn out. Everyone have a wonderful Week. Susan

Monroe City, MO(Zone 6a)

That is really great!.....glad everybody is receiving their Iris in time for planting!!

Milwaukee, WI(Zone 5a)

Hi, mine are in the ground THANK YOU AGAIN!!!!!!

Rancho Santa Rita, TX(Zone 8a)

Mine arived on my porch today.

Thank you sooooo much !

Love, BajaBlue

Monroe City, MO(Zone 6a)

Your Welcome!....I'm so excited that you all are so excited with growing old fashioned Iris! Have a wonderful weekend!!

Thumbnail by grannyh
Sealy, TX

Thank you, Grannyh! I went ahead and planted them, as you suggested and they're looking like they're establishing well. I'm so excited about next year and seeing their blooms!!!

Deb

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

Got mine yesterday--Beautiful rhizomes:) Thank you so much--I'm "naming" them Grannyh-DG on the plant marker where they're going in the garden:)

Thanks so much!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.