Pictures from DBG sale and beyond...

Santa Fe, NM

I took a ton of pictures. Some are o.k. I also took pictures of the people at the sale and lunch. If you were there and don't want your picture on a post please let me know! I did not get many people pictures anyway. Mostly plants. And, no, I didn't get names! Dahlianut kept the book of lists so she might know!

Thumbnail by roybird
Santa Fe, NM

I like those species tulips. I think this is horehound with the low-water use groundcovers.

Thumbnail by roybird
Santa Fe, NM

This is one of my favorite pictures from the DBG. I liked that the gardens are right in the city and accessible by bus. This is a grassy area that would work well in a large public park just about anywhere in the Rockies. In fact, you see this done a lot. Still, it looks good!

Thumbnail by roybird
Santa Fe, NM

What else? Is this some kind of pulsatilla?

Thumbnail by roybird
Santa Fe, NM

I'm picking my favorite favorites because there were So many, I can't imagine trying to post them all.

Thumbnail by roybird
Santa Fe, NM

One more for tonight? There must be iris!

Thumbnail by roybird
Santa Fe, NM

Oh,one more!

Thumbnail by roybird
Santa Fe, NM

If you're gonna be a bear...be a dinosaur!

Thumbnail by roybird
Santa Fe, NM

The dinosaurs were all over the place. Dahlia had to fight one off!

Thumbnail by roybird
Littleton, CO(Zone 5a)

Nice pictures Roybird. I especially like the layers of flowers, grassland and city in the one.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

If you look like Marlene Dietrich you have to worry about dinosaur attacks! They just go wild about you!

Santa Fe, NM

D.H. thinks it looks like Dahlia is sneaking up on the dinosaur! And, did you notice it is on a chain? I guess if they roamed freely the flower beds would get messed up. This is some rock work that I liked in the Japanese garden. One man had taken his shoes off and was walking on it to get a foot massage. It seemed like it would be unpleasant to walk on but it sure was pretty!

Thumbnail by roybird
Santa Fe, NM

More from the Japanese garden...

Thumbnail by roybird
Santa Fe, NM

I love the way the stones are like water. Here is a rather bad picture of a moon type pavilion or maybe a teahouse. If I had room...

Thumbnail by roybird
Santa Fe, NM

Actually, that's a moon gate and there is a pavillion near it. This isn't it, however. I really liked the juxtaposition of the city and the gardens.

Thumbnail by roybird
Santa Fe, NM

This is one of my favorite pictures. Any water is great!

Thumbnail by roybird
Santa Fe, NM

I'm looking for the check-out area. Pajarito bought a few plants.

Thumbnail by roybird
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Yupper used the trusty ninja skills to ward off the dinosaurs so roybird could keep clicking.

Santa Fe, NM

I have more plant photos from the DGB but it is time to go to lunch. Then and Now, as it happens. There were some people ahead of me but still plenty of food left! By the way, Trisha's garden is fantastic and there are some pic's to come.

Thumbnail by roybird
Santa Fe, NM

Hi, Dahlia. You were very brave! My people picture skills are minimal so mostly plants... Trisha's creek bed.

Thumbnail by roybird
Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Ahhhh, nice to see pics of the event, both plants and people! Thanks for sharing!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Roybird this is the plant we saw at DGB that I LUV in full shade and had a brainfart over the name. http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/62505/

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

Nice pictures Roybird.

I see Pajarito was "borrowing" a Safeway shopping cart. Hope the authorities don't catch up with her.

Santa Fe, NM

She stays on the move! I wonder if she has taken a cart to the Iris Show in K.C. Dahlia, I remember the plant. Of course my picture didn't turn out of that one, so it's good you thought of the name. This is a pretty plant in Trisha's garden. Perhaps she will tell us what it is.

Thumbnail by roybird
Santa Fe, NM

These gazanias (sp?) are just lovely!

Thumbnail by roybird
Littleton, CO(Zone 5a)

I think the white one two posts up is Japanese Anemone?

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Ahhhh, beautiful!

Golden, CO(Zone 5b)

Roybird, awesome pics! Thank you! It's like me and Ben were there all over again, only much earlier with you guys. I wish I had brought my camera too. I did actually find some folks I knew there, thought the preacher friend picking up his wife made the comment to be about the sale "I guess it could be a guy thing too". To me it seemed an odd comment for a preacher, but that's ok.

Say, did you happen to get a pic of that cute gal working the SE (?) corner of the big tent wearing the Notre Dame sweatshirt? Oops, this isn't a dating website is it. Hey there's an idea! Maybe Dave should put together a singles forum for gardeners? I'd be up for it.

Santa Fe, NM

Thanks! I'm trying to get my dahlias potted today and have class tonight so probably won't be on line much today. But here's a bigger view. Street signs have been fuzzed up to protect the innocent!

Thumbnail by roybird
Santa Fe, NM

Trisha's garden is beautifully planned and well made. She has a small lawn area and a gorgeous, big apple tree which I didn't get photos of, for no good reason. I was probably eating. I don't know why I did not get a better picture here. Trisha made this very cool boardwalk out of grey weathered boards. It is in the middle of an open area and goes nowhere in particular. It has undulant curves and is really a piece of installation art, as I see it. I was quite smitten with it and now I want to make something like it.

Thumbnail by roybird
Santa Fe, NM

Oh well, not a very good picture. I'm starting to think I'm like some kind of blind samurai swordsman only with a camera. Check out Greenjay's t-shirt!

Thumbnail by roybird
Santa Fe, NM

Here is another person picture. Hi, Plutodrive! We don't hear from you often enough.

Thumbnail by roybird
Santa Fe, NM

And some Spanish broom, I think. Everything was so nice I wish we could have stayed longer at the lunch (and had more chocolates) but Paja, kTalia and I journeyed onward...as you shall see by and by!

Thumbnail by roybird
Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Love that tee shirt, LOL!

Centennial, CO(Zone 5b)

tagawa's has them!

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Oh, wow, I thought I had finished with being envious of y'all who went but nope. ;-) Lovely photos and pretty cool looking people too. LOL the tshirt.......

Carry on please!

Santa Fe, NM

Pajarito had arranged a visit to the garden of iris hybridizer ( is that a word? ), Lowell Baumunk. I hope I spelled that correctly. He has a web site which I will have to look up. His iris are just terrific and he and his wife were great tour guides for kTalia, Paja and I. Their gardens are full of rock work, species tulips and many other plants besides iris, altho the iris are the stars.

Thumbnail by roybird
Santa Fe, NM

Their garden is in a lovely, rural setting. I have many iris pictures from here. Let me know if this thread is getting too long.

Thumbnail by roybird
Santa Fe, NM

That wasn't a very good picture but it gives you an idea of how all the iris are labeled. I mostly ignored that, I have to admit.

Thumbnail by roybird
Santa Fe, NM

More iris! O.k. I skipped ahead to my favorite. This is "Sharp Dart", one that Lowell Baumunk came up with a few years ago. I have to have this one. It is a dwarf iris. Notice the blue beard!

Thumbnail by roybird

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.