I Confess, the Movie! Starring Marlene and Friends.........

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Okay, I confess I could not think of a clever appropriate title for this thread, so, I confess, I stretched things a little.

I confess, it is a brilliant gorgeous day here after raining all day yesterday, and, I confess, I am going off later on to WalMart and the Dollar Store to search for cheap big pots for planting in.

I further confess that if the neighbor with the loud radio does not learn some manners I may not continue to behave responsibly around here, and I confess I would dearly love to see

Mulch's new painting! Which this is not.

(We came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/968465/)

This message was edited May 5, 2009 9:04 AM

Thumbnail by Kylaluaz
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Oh dahhhhhhhhling I haven't done a film in everso long. How sweet that you have started a new one.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Your public demands it of you.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

We would suffer horribly if we didn't have you creating new threads for us. We would be staring blankly at our computers wondering how they suddenly got so slow. Cute photo.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

I knew, I just knew! there was a purpose to my existence.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

There is, there is! And probably a whole lot more than that!

Greensboro, AL

There was a let - up in the rain. After days of storms and tornado warnings in Alabama I was ready to get out side. I needed to mow. I needed to start new garden beds. I needed to prune out errant growth that was threatening to take over.

I put on my hat and checked TCM to see what old movies would be showing.

http://www.tcm.com/thismonth/article/?cid=139164&mainArticleId=139163

RAGE IN HEAVEN. 1941. Robert Montgomery. Ingrid Bergman. George Sanders.

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

ROFSnorkling

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

oooo lookie they have one of best. I am kickbutt 'sultry' in this one. http://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/title.jsp?stid=83989

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

I like chocolate, and dark chocolate at that. I seem to have a built-in sugar limiter, so I like some but not too much. Dark chocolate suits the bill. And not white chocolate as that has no chocolate in it. Might as well eat butter as white chocolate. My theory about the reason for women liking chocolate more is because chocolate is rich in Iron.

And I agree with Pajarito: Roybird is very svelte. I won't say more so that we don't get in trouble with her DH.

Ennis, MT(Zone 4a)

Hey, a car that runs on chocolate!!!
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090505/ap_on_re_eu/eu_britain_chocolate_racer

I will try to post the painting later, was not going to because it is not a flower.

Greensboro, AL

Dark Chocolate M&Ms. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

Santa Fe, NM

Thanks, Doc! You need new glasses. But don't get them! Sofer, be careful, careening around on mountain tops. You know, when I think about it, I like dumps and second hand stores better than malls. Malls are in trouble these days. Hey, Gloria! One of my favorite meals as a younger person, was white wine and M&M's. They go really well together. Mulch, not flowers? Is it water? The new painting. I'm guessing. It could be a portrait. I like water,tho, so I vote Water. If my hand were healed up I'd be out weeding and filling pots and spreading poop! I did water the back this morning. Thanks for the new thread, Kyla. The lemon balm is getting tall here and it smelled really good this morning!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I LUV second hand stores. I can be a sloooow road tripper cuz I always stop at all the little 'shops' that I see to look at the funky stuff and of course I must stop to scope out rocks too so sometimes it takes me a while to meander my way someplace.

Greensboro, AL

Hey Roybird. White wine and chocolate m&ms. Perfect. I love little bits of decadence. Whatever I can find. Where ever I can find it.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

I confess, decadence is one of the major rewards of virtuous living.

I confess, I like Hershey's kisses even though they are not "good chocolate" and I don't think it has anything to do with either my chromosomes or my iron levels. But everyone is welcome to his theories, of course.

Roybird, you're welcome. I thinned some basil seedlings this morning, committing heartless murder on the ones that showed no sign of true leaves, as they have been sitting there with their smug little cotyledons hanging out for way too long. They smelled heavenly as they died. I confess I felt no guilt whatever.

Mulch, goodness, whoever made a rule that you could only post pictures of paintings if they were flowers???? We await any paintings from you with eager anticipation, or at least, I do..... ;-)

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Kyla I spent Saturday morning tenderly, carefully, gently separating baby basils singing 'I'm a Little Teapot' which is the Siam Queen Thai's fav. Fortunately no sacrifices were made (although sometimes sacrifices have to be made but I get DH to commit the murder).

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

I might have done that too but I worried there were too many of them in the first place.......... None of the ones with actual beginnings of leaves were sacrificed. But it had been weeks since they sprouted and so. I was afraid they were some kind of Borg clone basils and not real plants! The true leaves that have started are minuscule microscopic teensy things as it is. Jeeze.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I'm sure they will come into their own with the hot sun Kyla. I find them slow when it's cool. I have learned only to plant a few of each kind cuz one year I ended up with a basil plantation (oops)

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

I confess I was worried maybe I had insulted them because at one point I went around saying "I don't want any basil this year."

Yes, I really did. That was back when I did not realize many things including that I really did, in fact, want to grow basil.

I was afraid they had heard me and were in a mortal sulk because of it. And were taunting me with their cotyledons, like.

O well live and learn. Do not speak ill of plants you may want to grow after all, eh?

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Seedlings get hurt feelings very easily. Now you must sing and called them the 'basils that bring me joy' or somesuch other inspiring thing and they will thrive.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Oh I been doin that, Dahlia.

And my rude comments were long before I ever even planted them, so they would have had to overhear me in the Plant Spirit world, which I do not put past their abilities at all.

;-)

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I think seeds have ESP for sure.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

This was before I even bought the seeds.

Ennis, MT(Zone 4a)

So, what difference would that make?

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

ESP has no metaphysical limits. Probably were onto you while they were still drying in their seed pods ^_^

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Mulch and Dahlia, my point exactly.

;-)

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

The seeds can tell when you walk in the store, just like puppies & kittens. They can also tell when someone is on the mend.

Have to break the news to you Roybird - my eyes have been tested recently enough and are quite good. Don't tell your DH though.

Ennis, MT(Zone 4a)

Even rocks have esp, so why wouldn't seeds know everything?

I am becoming convinced we may have been slightly mistaken and it is Roybird who is actually Marlene in disguise. Is this possible? Or do we have two of them by some warpage of wormholes?

Anyway, here is my latest painting. It is 40" high by 46" wide acrylic on canvas.

Thumbnail by mulchmania
Ennis, MT(Zone 4a)

Forgot to mention the painting is named The Butterfly Oracle. Here is a detail.

Thumbnail by mulchmania
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

She's very powerful! There is so much to see in this one. Thanks for sharing Mulch.

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

Wild colors.

Santa Fe, NM

Beautiful! But, I was wrong on the water. Maybe I need to go paint water! I have to confess, whether this is the right thread or not that I don't know what Marlene looks like! I'm not a huge fan of old movies or many new ones, for that matter. Mulch, you are getting in to those stars and asteroids these days! It looks like a narrative painting.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Here I am looking particularly sultry http://www.romeo-und-julia.net/FOTOS-Friseur/039_70215%7EMarlene-Dietrich-Posters.jpg

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

Marlene:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000017/mediaindex

Greensboro, AL

I love old movies. TCM had Marlene Dietrich & Robert Donat 1937 Knight Without Armor the other day.

I had to watch the whole Russian Revolution.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0029087/mediaindex

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I think this doo will be perfect for the DGB Sale. http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2034604032/nm0000017

Santa Fe, NM

Very sultry! Thanks for the links. Dahlia, you Must have that hair do!

Greensboro, AL

wicked! Do you have blond hair or will you use a wig?

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Sorry folks, but I confess I have to back the thread up and OOH and AAH over Mulch's painting some more cause I was not around when she posted it up there.

Mulch, thank you very much for sharing it. Maybe not flowers, but where flowers come from?

I maybe would rather be the Butterfly Oracle Goddess, than Marlene.........

;-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.