May flowers....

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Chantell & I went shopping...found a blooming improved Meyers Lemon at Betty's Azalea Ranch

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va
Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Blooming Jasmine Sambac - for fragrance it is a favorite

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va
Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Had a fountain that unfortunately broke - so I recycled the holder to a trellis :-)

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va
Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Scotch Broom - neither one of us had seen one, nor smelled it - lovely lilac fragrance - checked PF and it's not "unruly" like the yellow one

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va
Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

I'm getting there...

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va
Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

I've been looking for hanging planters with annuals that wouldn't break the bank - so ended up doing my own!

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va
Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

A little wet right now - but you get the idea :-)

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va
Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

This was too cool to ignore....Alternanthera

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va
Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

When in need of space - add tons of soil under tree and have at it....

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va
Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

View from my deck :-)

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va
Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

The back garden is growing nicely as well

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va
Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

No planter is complete without Scented Evening Stock

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va
Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Greg loves Cardinals

For the rest of my photos, and if you have time..

http://beckysobsession.spaces.live.com/

This message was edited May 3, 2009 5:11 PM

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Bec,

Thanks for posting such great photos of your plants, flowers and yard both here and on 'live', which BTW made a beautiful slide show.

Here's one of my 8 baskets hanging across our front and side porches that are adjacent to each other. I used Dracena in the center for a little height and 2 Pansies, 2 Million Bells, and 2 Sweet Potato vines that all alternate around the perimeter.

You're in the City and I'm in the Country but I can't imagine any gardener who doesn't love baskets, they just pack a lot of punch in a small space.

Rain last night, off an on again all day, and heavy tonight are a welcome change after being outside nearly non-stop for the last 2 weeks, even last week-end when we had our heat wave and got my 1st sunburn of the Season.

Look forward to seeing more of your beauties.

Hope you have a great week,
Susan

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine
Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Thanx Susan - I really don't live in the city (W'bridge) - love your basket, the colors are awesome - I'm seriously considering getting a few more sheperd's hooks and make and hang up a few more baskets - I got such a great deal on the hooks online....

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

When I was in grade school we always had a May Procession, and we had Bridal Wreath (Van Houtte Spirea) in our hair. Then when the Spirea was declining, you can sit under the bush and shake it and be covered in perfect round tiny snow white petals like a blizzard. This darn rain is going to knock down all my spirea!
That's my May flower story.

The Iris are shooting up--buds--everything is exploding, with last weeks heat and this weeks rain. I think I just passed that magical phase between- Hey everything looks so nice this year, and Hey where are all those ++weeds coming from again??

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

bec--so nice to see your premises again! Your flowers look lovely....how many blooms did the Lilac have?

I wanted to pass something on to you.....Be careful adding too much soil around a tree! Even just 1 foot of soil on top of the surface roots can seriously affect a tree.

OK! I posted this on "Spring peeking"--but that has so many posts in it by now--might be hard for some to see....

HERE SHE IS---BLOOMING!!!!
My "Karomo shukibu" Azalea. The one I built the elevated planter for....SO pretty!
Gita

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

and a slightly out-of-focus close-up....

Still a very small bush. I can't wait to see it normal size!

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Came across this Post on "Garden talk"......

If any of you are users of Messenger...(Sally--you just got some!)....read this....

There are many, many side Hyperlinks provided...read them if you have time......
It is causing weird mutations......

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/977743/

Gita

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Bec, where did you find that scotch broom? I'd love to get a piece of it from you some day.

Gita, I love that azalea. I've never seen blooms like that on an azalea, very unique.

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Gita - thanks for info on the tree - I seriously wouldn't mind if I had to replace it ^_^ Also on the messenger, I used it a few years ago...never ordered more - the lilac had 2 large clusters - can't wait to see what it does next year!

Hart - absolutely - Chantell wants some as well - she just told me they have them at HD as well - I'll take hardwood cuttings of it this fall ^_^

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Yepper that's what I was just gonna say....HD!!! Bec - they look great....ya done good!!!
Susan - nice little bowl o' sunshine you've got there!!!
Gita - lovin' that purple - and I too decided I didn't like what I was hearing about Messenger - traded them off last year to someone who liked the stuff. I'll stick w/my dynamite and oscomote (sp?)

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

I got a lot of Messenger about 2 years ago in a co-op. I have used it twice! I will try to use it more on my Roses as a fungicide....
I have some "Mighty Plant" too that I p/u at "Good Stuff Cheap" 2 years ago....
WHY AM I NOT USING ANY OF THIS????? I should!

I have Neemed my Roses, and the soil around them, twice already---It would be great to get through ONE growing Season w/o all the leaves dropping off due to Black Spot......

Perhaps it is NOT good on everything--...They were mostly talking about MG's.

G.

Shenandoah Valley, VA

That would be great, Bec. I got some seeds from T&M a few years ago but had no luck growing them from seed. I'll see if I can get to HD and find some too.

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Actually, one guy talked about one mg plant and one other person talked about one daylily. That could have been the Messenger, could have been some kind of natural sport. Anyway, I thought the split petal mg and the double daylily were both pretty cool. LOL

He also said he believed the Messenger made some kind of genetic changes but the plant from the seeds he collected looked like a normal cross - no split petals.

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Clematis Pink Perfection

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va
Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Romantica

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va
Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Chantell spotted this one peeking out from under another plant

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va
Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Thank you Jill!

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va
Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Thank you again!

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va
Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Does anyone have an idea what this is????

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va
Shenandoah Valley, VA

Lysmachia punctata "Alexander." That was easy, I was just out in the garden bed looking at mine. LOL

http://www.deerresistantplants.com/Lysimachia_punctata_Alexander.jpg

http://www.mailorderplants4me.com/images/prod/lysimachia_alexander.jpg

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Thank you much! Did I possibly get it from you? LOL

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Don't think so because mine haven't spread. I got mine at the Bluestone sale a couple of years ago.

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Continued...

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va
Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

First rosebud....Climbing Joseph's Coat

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va
Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Opened

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va
Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Niobe

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va
Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Close up

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va
Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

I planted this last year in memory of my cousin...

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.