Squirrel pics. Vol 10

Orlando, FL

you need to enter it in a photo contest that was the perfect shot
I think we need to have a monthly photo contest, who ever enters has to put seeds or plants, or cuttings in the pot, the winner of the contest by votes wins the seeds the ones with the most votes wins lol
i have seen a lot of great photos

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

That first shot is adorable, burn!!

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

LOL Blonhmf, if I'd win, I wouldn't know what to do, with my winning. I have plants looking for a tight spot in the yard, as it is.
Thanks Nanny,

Beachwood, NJ(Zone 6b)

Neat white tail, nanny! Burn, yours are so cute!

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

There a whole lot of pics here by folks that need to be entere d for the Dg calendar contest too. Would be nice if Dave mayeb made just a wild life calendar.

Beachwood, NJ(Zone 6b)

And now introducing...... Lil Pete!

Thumbnail by Grandmaggie
Beachwood, NJ(Zone 6b)

Cute!

Thumbnail by Grandmaggie
Beachwood, NJ(Zone 6b)

He still runs for the tree when I get close!

Thumbnail by Grandmaggie

awwww....a little Petey...CUTE!!!

Orlando, FL

hey burn i know what you mean i have no room but plants to be planted where are they to go
here is one of the 20 plus that come to my house i put peanuts grapes apples all over in the v's in the branches, the blue jays have learned to look for them too but here is my baby begging
debi

Thumbnail by blondhavmofun
Orlando, FL

they scream to let me know they are hungry

Orlando, FL

or they go to the livingroom window and sit in front of it like they hear my voice inside

Orlando, FL

smart little cuties

Eeek...20 plus!!! I think my eight or so are too many some days!

Beachwood, NJ(Zone 6b)

Wow 20 is a bit much! I have about 5-6 currently. Petey, Lil Pete, Petunia, Flat Pete, Short Tail, and some strange ones now and then. One Eye has not been around lately.

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Oh wow, that's a lot of squirrels!!!! I only have 2. Love your last pic. Can you imagine having to find a name for each one, like GM's. Neat name GM

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

blond. laughign my head off. that secodn pic from bottom of yours , that squirrel; looks like it saying, " What you mean dinenr ain't ready yet. " LOL

Ahhhhhhhhhh a lil petey. hehehehehe cutey he is. : )

Orlando, FL

you should see me every morning it is a mad house here, i dont know what they will do when i go back to work and no one here to hide peanuts for them, i only have a name for one little female, she is Cutter, her ear has a slit in it. i have a couple of them that have the same slit but she is the only one that comes to take a peanut out of my hand, real softly and not scared. i have a couple of the boys that are still skiddish but enough coaxing and they come down too but run away fast here is a couple of her.

Orlando, FL

the next two are a little out of focus trying to take a picture and hold a peanut

Orlando, FL

and she gets it i could take pictures all day of all of them they each have their own personality but i have to many to keep track of them i ususally get about 8 by the porch at a time the rest hang out at the feeders i think they tell their friends and so on. that is okay i love them all

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

That's something I'm trying to do with my red. Almost succeeded the other day. Inches away for giving it a peanut. Hubby came out and scared it.

Orlando, FL

my dogs seem to do that i tell them to stay away and they think it is come lets play sometimes. i am working on the rest of them i talk to them my husband thinks i am absolutely insane. but they are just so cute well it is time to feed the sharks lol
debi

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

This little one had a hard life. He was chased into my yard by 3 Grackles, this afternoon. He found a safe place, on top of the tire of our pickup. When the coast was clear, he came out to eat, under the feeders.

Thumbnail by burn_2007

O my gosh it's so tiny!! Poor thing...bad grackles

This one was headed for the feeder..

Thumbnail by nanny_56

then she remembered squirrels don't like safflower seed!!

Thumbnail by nanny_56

hello there....

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Here's a picture of a long scare on his back. he or she is a new comer. ID marking is the w of fur on his forehead. It's either a Willy or a Wilma.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Cute cute cute nanny, love the chipmunks

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

A bad pic, but here he is on the tire, checking things out. LOL

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Awwwwwwwwwwww bunch of little cuties.

Was pullign otu of the driveway yesterday and saw a little oen sittign on top of a fence post . Soemtiems I surprise d that they would be so out in th eopen, think they would worry abotu hawks and such preyign on them

Melbourne, FL

Just one pic from today.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Awww what a face. He's so lovable.

Beachwood, NJ(Zone 6b)

Short Tail having his early morning snack!

Thumbnail by Grandmaggie
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Yum yum .;)

Orlando, FL

i wanted to plant peanut plants as many peanuts as i go thru but havent had the time, my little girl squirrel did all the work for me she planted about 20 peanuts so hopefully i will have bunches soon. lol

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

My neighbor and I were standign out yeterdya and we start seeign some of the ends of tree branches fallign down. We look up and here two of the baby squireels both runnign up and down liek crazy chewign away and bringing back new shoot s to build a nest.

Was funny to watch the tykes , but what I don't get is they both was buildign th enest, but won't onyl oen of them be able to sleep in it. we waitign to see if I fight breaks out when they get done a s to who gets to be king of th edomain.

Huh...I have no idea about that. Do let us know what happens!! I like to watch them play in the woods from my front window... it is funny!

DH took this pic while I was gone the other day. THis little one just loves fruit. It will eat the orange and then go to the oriole table and eat the grapes!

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

LOL that orange abotu as bigger than he is. I thew a whole bunch of grape s out the backdoor the other day, but not sur e if my chippie or somebody els e at them but they all gone for sure.

The otehr day when I opene d my front door ther e was three squirrels on the porch havign a tete-a tet without me. They gave me such a look like i was butting in on somethign private. I threw them out soem pecan nuts of which instea d of eating, cuz this the off season fo rnut s now, they green on the tree , they took em al and burie d them.

Essex Junction, VT(Zone 4a)

I always put out my aged bananas and they go pretty quickly. Just make sure you take off any stickers or you'll see a bright blue thing in the middle of your garden and you'll wonder what it is! :) (what, no I don't know from experience)

I had some apples that went a bit bad, first time for me, and it was awesome to see the squirrel carry it off in his mouth. My husband said I made his day.

Such a great way to get rid of unwanted fruit!

Edited to mention the dried prunes I put out went quickly also.

This message was edited Jun 19, 2009 10:49 AM

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

I've never seen my squirrel eat fruit. I throw grapes and apples on the ground and they don't go for it.

Thumbnail by burn_2007

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.