Orlando, FL

aahhhh so cute

Melbourne, FL

Called for a caption.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Funny GP. super squirrel to the rescue.
Blondhmf, enjoying looking at your pic.
Never seen my chippy in a tree either. Nanny He hasn't shown up yet this spring.
Mama in the front yard.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Up in the birch, by my deck.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Sanford, NC(Zone 7a)

Looks like this squirrel may be ready to take on all comers?

Thumbnail by 24goingfor5
Orlando, FL

he is ready for a boxing match tooo cute

Melbourne, FL

In the middle of tree branches.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

And running down the line.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

HOW DO they do that!!

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Playing hide and seek.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Approaching the steps of my deck.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

On the steps of the deck, but decided to turn around when he saw the cat.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Burn.. That second pic looks liek a satue. LOL he sittign so still. beautiful coloring on him though or her. Must of had a bath and fluff with that pure white tummy showing. : )

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

I wish I would have had the camera last night in the garage. I came home from work and near the steps I have a stone walkway to the front deck. A chipmunk was on a rock on the edge standing on his two back feet like a human. I had to blink to make sure I was seeing what I was seeing.

I walked slowly up, thinking, it must be a branch with leaves or something tricking my eyes. I got within a couple feet before the little guy scampered off with a couple friends. His cheeks were full of birdseed. It would have made a great picture.

Oh...they do that all the time...lol!! Mine stands out here on the front step like it is surveying it kingdom!!

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

Do your's stand perfectly still until you get right to them. I thought maybe someone had put a yard ornament in my garden. LOL

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Oh, oh, oh, Just opene d th eback door , now that they caught the arme d predator from the woods here and sat down and seen movement out of corner of my eye.

Oh wow! My chippie wa s on the bricks of the air conditioner. Got to finally see it close up. Boy it big and fat and even heard it make alittle sound. got soem mroe old grape s in fridge so threw some otu ther e for it, just hope them feral cats don't get my new little friends.

mayeb if it come s back out cna get a pic. dang it fast as lightening. never have a camera in hand when I need one, bummer, but still excited to see it.

cpart...mine has a definte attitude going....sometimes I get about with 5ft of the little thing before it scampers of!! It just gives me "The Look"! LOL

Glad you saw yours starlight!

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

Today I came home from work and park in the garage. I happen to glance out the window and saw the cutest ornament again. No, no one playing tricks on me, it is ms. or mr. stand up tall and play statue. I look, and his cheeks are empty and they are just hanging down past his little shoulders. They looked like they had stretch marks on them. LOL

So, I walk to the house and another is in the same spot as yesterday. This one is smaller and has nice tight cheeks. Must be a young one. It was "chipping" away loudly. Maybe looking for old baggy cheeks.

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Hahahahahah, maybe it need s some of that new fangle d collagen stuff that guarenteed to remov e wrinkles. LOL

Anothe r dumb questions. Do chippies just stay on the ground or do they climb trees too?

mine do play in and climb on the trees as in the photos above. But they live in burrows in the ground.

cpart...that had to be sooo cute!!

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

lol , Starlight, glad you got to see the chippie, close up. Fun little guys aren't they.
Animals sure have a way with humans. I love it too, when they stand like statues, or when they put their little paws to their chest. Cute.

Thumbnail by burn_2007

A couple of critters on my walk this morning

Thumbnail by nanny_56

almost missed this one!

ooops!!! LOL...missed THAT one completely!!

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Hehehe

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

hahahaha. : )

I am havign fits. yes, my squirrells driv eme crazy and I been complainign of them for years and years from the mes s they make of my plants, all them darn buts and hole s in my pots and roots all stickign up and drie d out, but they also performa good service of eatign the thousands upon thousands of hickory and oak nuts that hit the ground and the shells eventually decompos e back into the ground and foudn out yesterday that next door is mad cuz the squirrells he said re eatign his onions now along with the cilentro and he has put soem sort of posion out to kill them.

I was not a happy camper at all. Doe s anybody know of anythign organic that cna be put aroudn his garden to keep them out instead of him out and out killign them.

Orlando, FL

i am not sure where i read it, here on DG one of the threads, ues vicks vapor rub, i guess they dont like the smell, i know when i took my puppy to school, they said use a solution of original listerine mixed with water, i dont remember how much of what, but the taste stops them from chewing up things. might work.

Beachwood, NJ(Zone 6b)

Petey this afternoon in the clover

Thumbnail by Grandmaggie
Beachwood, NJ(Zone 6b)

Another

Thumbnail by Grandmaggie

Petey is looking pretty good GM!

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Sure is looking good.

We are getting the young Fox Squirrels over in the yard now...can tell because they go thru a phase where their tails are white and then change to the darker color to match the rest of their fur. The one shown in these pics has started this change. In a couple weeks there will no white left.

Playing sneak attack!!

Thumbnail by nanny_56

You can't see me....

Thumbnail by nanny_56

peek-a-boo!

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Pretty fluffy white tail, love their playful attitude.

praying before it's meal.:)

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Orlando, FL

that definitely looks like he is praying what a cute picture

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Up on the roof.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Thanks Blondhmf. it was a blooper, but a nice one at that.

Ooops Ooops, slippery.

Thumbnail by burn_2007

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.