Squirrel pics. Vol 10

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Starting a new thread. Who would have guess, we would have reached Vol 10, in the squirrel category. Great job everyone, let's continue here, and have fun.

We came from here; http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/961885/

We have Red on top of the post, facing my window.

Edited to correct spelling

This message was edited May 3, 2009 4:19 PM

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

This cage is not squirrel proof, for this small fellaw.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Here he is checking it out.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

exiting

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

hehehehe they really are surprisingly smart creature s when it coem s to figurign out how to get food.

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

Thanks for starting the new thread Burn! It is so small...it looks hardly bigger than my chipmunks!

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

It's not much bigger Nanny. I think the tail makes him look a little bigger.

We have had to do some belt tightening around here. So I have had to do away with putting dishes of BOSS out for the squirrels and chipmunks. And rearrange a couple of bird feeders o they squirrels can't raid them. They have not been real happy about this to say the least after having free reign for 2 years! The squirrels have pretty much stopped coming to yard. I really miss their antics. The chippies on the other hand are still around since they live around the house.

This one is right outside the back sliding door just chirpping away! Maybe letting me know it's not happy????

Thumbnail by nanny_56

But no fretting there is plenty of natural food to be had for both the squirrels and chippies!

Some shots of a chipmunk enjoying the maple seeds that are all over the yard!!

Thumbnail by nanny_56

Boy, these aren't half bad!!!

Thumbnail by nanny_56

hmmmm...might have room for o-n-e more!! lol

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

When I saw the first picture, (before I even opened the thread) I thought, doesn't he look arrogant, like "I can defeat any squirrel-proof system you have"

Then I came here and saw him go into the cage. It is scary when I can read squirrel faces!

Cute pictures everyone. (Nanny, I think Chip has stretch marks on those cheeks)

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

LOL Cparts you sure know your squirrel!!!
Had the male and female yesterday, one in front and one out back raiding the feeders.
Nanny,did you know they grow their own food? where they hide their stash, I find a bunch of seedling, pack together. they are great gardeners, lol

Here's the female in the front of the house.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

ha, ha.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

And the male in the back.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

the male

Thumbnail by burn_2007

Oh yes I know .....LOL I find their little gardens all over in my flower beds!!

Still get a squirrel or two coming to dig up nuts buried in the yard from time to time.

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Nanny.. Do chippies really make noise? The rain let up for a bit and I saw one slinking across the yard heading to not sure where to find somethign more ot eat.

Them grape s I threw out the other day all disappeared.

My one squirrell gave me a major shock. Ha d fallen alseep on the couch and ha d front door wid e open to le tsome air in since it finally ha d stopped raining. My lazy one ha d come on the roof again tryign to get down the front door onyl to fidn it wid eopen and he didn't knwo what to do.

He made so much nois e he scare d the daylight s otu of me. Ha dme jumping up and down thinking I ha d stranger s coming in.

Then he got stuck halfway down the door and he wa speerign in at me as I peering otu at him. I just knwo he was wonderign where his pecan nut for the day was.

I don't knwo what I wil do if he discovers whiel the door open the basket of nut s I have by the couch to put out for him. I wonder if he wil try an dcome in on his own. Hope not.

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

Do chippies make noise? They sure do. CHIP! CHIP!
Really really loud.

Sure do...when we first moved here I kept looking for a bird...turned out it was the chipmunks! I can hear them even if I am insiade the house. It can be quite annoying after awhile!

Thumbnail by nanny_56

I had 3 of the little critters running around out here today...

Thumbnail by nanny_56

This is ours that lives under the walk. I can ID it by its tail. Last year it lost part of it but it has grown back now. You can tell where it grew back!

Thumbnail by nanny_56

Plus 1 squirrel....and this is out front!!

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Could it be the babies, that are now fending for themselves now? Ouch to the pocket book!!!
Mama Red has spend the afternoon with us, while we were sitting on our deck, Saturday. I was almost able to feed her a peanut by hand, when some Grackles flew in, and scared everything wild. That would have been something.
She drinking water on that upside down pail.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

This is where she laid down on that branch by the deck, looking at us all afternoon. I could get very close to her, and she wouldn't move. I talked to her, when she was on top of the post and offered her a peanut. She was just inches away.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

On top of the post.

Thumbnail by burn_2007

Oh yes babies are now on their own more or less. That is one reason I have had to take away the ground dishes with BOSS for now. I just can't afford to feed the amount of seed that they and the squirrels eat plus the birds anymore!

Momma brought them over where there has been an bundance of food available. But there are maple seeds all over the yard and they really like them too!

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Sanford, NC(Zone 7a)

This one looks like he has an attitude? LOL

Thumbnail by 24goingfor5
Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

Yes, he does! LOL

I get ready for work in the morning and usually have a few minutes and watch the birds. Yesterday, a grey squirrel was trying to defeat the squirrel proof feeder.

I don't see too many squirrels on that feeder, because there are others they can get at, but this one was bored with the easy seed, I guess and up for a challenge.

Well, he would run up the pole, go over the top, slide down and try to catch onto the edge (where the flapper door will shut over the seed if there is too much weight). Well, he was just not able to catch hold of that edge, and would fall to the ground.

The third try, he stood on top of the feeder, spit into his paws and rubbed them together, before trying again. It was such a human thing to do, that I had to laugh out loud.

He still missed grabbing the edge and gave up, but it sure was funny to see!

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

hahahaha he looks like squirell-in-ator. Mini Terminator : )

Does look like he is ready to whoop somebody!! LOL

The chippie's babies were playing in the tree the other day...they have so much energy and run all over the yard playing!

This message was edited May 16, 2009 9:15 PM

Thumbnail by nanny_56

Squirrel raiding the orioles grape dish...

Thumbnail by nanny_56

and eating the grapes!!

Thumbnail by nanny_56

Still hiding nuts...!

Thumbnail by nanny_56

more chipmunks in the tree...

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Orlando, FL

i wish we had chipmunks down here they are so cute i remember going to grandmas house in wi and watching them when i was younger. here is one of my squirrel i tried to keep him or her from the birds food, since they have their own, but it didnt work, i now play hide and seed with the peanuts everyday. they seem to like it.

Thumbnail by blondhavmofun

Just freaks me out to see squirrels in palm trees! LOL

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

I didn't know chipmunks climed trees too. Oh wow. learned somethign new. What i can't belive is the numebr of holes and tunnels all over the yard. sheesh everywhere I walk is holes and more holes. I step and sink down.

Think my squirrels are starting to move further out for the season now. They runnign out of food here and think they have dug up all that they buried.

Hmmm...holes & tunnels and they sink down when you walk on them. That sounds more like mole tunnels than chipmunk holes to me Starlight.

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Have to see if I cna get some pics later of the holes. Haven't seen my cippy run across the yard the past coupel of days. have to put some more grape s otu I think.

I nee to mow the back section but it aroudn where the chippy is so afraid I might mow some of it natural food source whatever it eatign down.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.