Silly Question

Muskegon, MI(Zone 5a)

I winter my black bamboo in my breezeway and didnt water alot of anything this winter..this bamboos leaves are crisp and not sure if its still alive..do you think if I start to water it that it will revieve?...Ive never let it dry out this bad before...Judy

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Never hurts to try--it may be dead already but all you're losing by trying to save it is a little water and a little time. I don't know how cold your breezeway is but it could be cold damage rather than lack of water. In either case, you really have nothing to lose by continuing to care for it for a little while and see if it recovers for you.

Muskegon, MI(Zone 5a)

The breezeway is warmed to around 45 degrees during the winter..I bring in all of my tender plants and this year I never got out there to water..or lets say I didnt want all of the aphids I get when watering the brugmansias....I will take the bamboo out and water it good..cross your fingers for me...Judy

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

If you didn't water it for the entire winter I'm not sure how good your chances are, but there's really nothing to lose by trying.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.