Lunch anyone? May 9, Denver area

Englewood, CO(Zone 5b)

Who's coming to lunch? How many in your group? Can you bring anything?

Centennial, CO(Zone 5a)

What time are you starting & how long are you expecting people to stay? If I can come I will definitely bring something, but it will have to be dessert because I have to work in the AM.

Englewood, CO(Zone 5b)

Hi Lisabees,
Come when you can -- if we all get an early start, I imagine we'll be getting to my house sometime between noon and 1:00. I'll send you my info.
T

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I'm definitely coming. Flying in I'm cooking challenged. I'm bringing Bernard Callabeaut chocolate and refreshing beverages. I'm in Denver for the day on Friday so I can pick up stuff if you need TrishaG. I'm dating Paj and Roybird for this event so we will be 3some. Paj might be bringing poop but she has threatened to unload her truck so maybe not. She's travelling right now so we can get away with assigning her mega lunch dishes if we want to be sneaky ^_^

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

It's still looking good for us making it there, and I can do a main dish, I make a good roasted turkey breast (yes, in the motorhome), I'd love to contribute that and anything else needed.

Brenda

Santa Fe, NM

Traveling with Paj and meeting Dahlia! WooHoo! Should be quite an experience! Paja is currently out of town but will be back in about a week. We are fairly disorganized and incoherent but should have it together by and by. Thanks, Trisha, for the lunch invitation. I will likely bring something that is non perishable.

Englewood, CO(Zone 5b)

I think those of you coming a fair distance should get a pass on bringing something for the potluck -- you're bringing yourselves all this way! Maybe if we run low on ice you could get some from the 7-11 down the street, how's that?

Although... Brenda, if you're offering roasted turkey breast, I don't think we can turn that down ;-) Seriously, if you'd like to bring it, please do, but if it's a hassle don't worry about it. I'm sure we'll have plenty.

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

I'll be happy to bring it, it's one of my favorite potluck contributions! (Easy, too!)

Brenda

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

TrishG I MUST share Bernard Callebeaut chocolate from our chocolate factory. Plan B is to bribe the border guys if they have issues with my seeds.

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

mmmmmmmm.... chocolate!

Santa Fe, NM

Thanks, Trish. Dahlia, bring Lots of chocolate!

Denver Metro Area, CO(Zone 5a)

Trisha, you tell me what you need? I can bring fruit, veggies, "killer-good" baked beans, homemade pie(s) or cake...just tell me. Will you have enough tables and chairs? Just let me know....

This sounds like it will be an "affair to be remembered!" The outa-town threesome with chocolate and poop--now, THAT brings an anticipation unequalled to anything I've experienced so far in this lifetime! hehehe

I'll plan on being at your house around noon, Trisha.
Diane

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

From the road. Gee, maybe I don't have to unload the truck. If we can we will bring ice -- will pick it up on the way back from the garden. Also, last time I bought hummus and pitas at Whole Foods. We could do that again. Can't wait for the chocolate, DN. Will coordinate more when I get back from AZ. Returning home on Saturday but have wedding to attend on Sunday, Will return to planning on Monday, I hope.
Can't wait to see you all again and some of you for the first time.

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Oooh lą lą! Du bon chocolat! Hmmm. I wonder how much for a ticket to Denver.....

Littleton, CO(Zone 5a)

I'm coming with just myself. Would home squeezed lemonade and a pasta salad work? I don't think I saw either of those on the list yet.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Get your ticket picante. It is going to be fun.

kTalia and everybody else,
I took a class from Lowell Baumunk of Iris Colorado in Albuquerque today. He has a garden in Littleton and would be delighted to give us a tour. Perhaps the day after the DBG sale? or perhaps after the luncheon. I understand his garden is small, but very beautiful because his garden partner is into rock work. See pictures below. He will probably the early species iris that he is famous for in bloom while we are up there. Later it would be good to go see his Tall Bearded which bloom sometime after May 15. He gave me his card and asked me to contact him with date and time. Here is his website:
http://www.iriscolorado.com/1999-2003%20Introductions.htm

It says on his web site that he doesn't accept tours any more, but he told me it was fine for us to come. He just can't take busses any more because of his neighbors' objections.
If you all are interested and want to try to organize a late Sat. PM or Sunday morning visit to Iris Colorado, we are in!

Littleton, CO(Zone 5a)

Ooohhh... That sounds like fun. Would we really have time if we did late Saturday? I don't know how long lunch and plant swapping and hanging out usually goes. I'm open for either so I'll let the others coming from a distance and with more experience decide.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I think we could manage late in the day -- say 4:00 or 5:00 if that works for Lowell. I would love to see his garden and don't think it will take all that long because, as Iris grower gardens go, it is quite small. The nice thing about it is that he specializes in early stuff so something would probably be in bloom this early. Tall bearded -- which is what most of us think of when we think of iris -- bloom later than the DBG sale.

Santa Fe, NM

That sounds very nice! Betty is an excellent event planner and tour guide. Did you see the Desert Botanical Gardens, Paj?

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

The Desert Botanical Gardens in Phoenix were incredible. Add to that the wild glass sculptures of Dale Chuhuily and it was fantastic. We spent about 3 hours there photographing and it wasn't enough. Then we went to dinner and I left my camera at the restaurant. They have it for me. I hope I can figure out how to get UPS to pick it up and send it to me. If not would you like to join me on a quick trip to Phoenix? Almost as close as Denver to pick it up? I feel like I have lost an arm without that camera and the gillions of pictures I took of blooming cactus in AZ.

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Paj, what restaurant? I might be able to get one of my DG friends there in AZ to go get it and mail it to you...

Brenda

Santa Fe, NM

Sorry, can't run off to Phoenix right now. Maybe Brenda's friends can send it? You must get your pictures back!

I'd love to come and meet folks!
However, I will be volunteering as a cashier at the DBG plant sale 11 - 3 that day.
Please stop by and say hello if you're there.
- Judy

Thumbnail by
Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Oooooo I am so jealous!!!!!

Have a splendiferous time everyone and know I am wishing to be there. ;-)

Centennial, CO(Zone 5a)

Well it looks like I'll have to miss out too, I won't be off work until at least 4:00 & possibly later.

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Paja, it's idle daydreaming on my part to talk about going to Denver that weekend. I'm staying here to exercise "fiscal responsibility". I do have income due in soon, but DH would be highly concerned if I spent it before I got it!

It sounds like soooo much fun that I will keep it on the burner for next year. I may be in better shape health-wise by then, too. Denver isn't so very far, after all!

Littleton, CO(Zone 5a)

Hello Judy. I'll keep my eyes open for you. A lot of us will be wearing our new Rocky Mtn Forum tee-shirts Kaitlen designed for us so you may see us before we see you.

Ahh, Lisabees. So sorry you'll be working so late that day. : ( I hope you at least get some nice customers to make the day more pleasant.

Paj, that evening would be great if we can manage it and Lowell is open for it that night. The camera sounds like one of those things that always happens when your at your craziest. I hope you manage to work something out other than adding yet another 8 hour trip to your plate!

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

You are right kTalia, it is the result of too much going on. The week in AZ had a good outcome but all the medical stuff was stressful and, that is when I start losing things, when I am trying to do too much. Not that I had much choice this time.

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

I've sent the request out to my AZ friends... here's hoping someone will be in that area soon and can help!

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Oh, thanks, Brenda. This is a wonderful boon.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Oh that would be so cool, Brenda.... fingers crossed (I wanna see the pictures! LOL!)

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I promise you, I got some amazing pictures. DH, who is a really excellent photographer, took some for me as well.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Looking forward to them!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

CRAPPOLA I just KNEW I should have drove and kidnapped you when driving through Montana picante. You can't exericse fiscal responsibility if you're kidnapped. My understanding is kidnapping is legal if it's gardening related. Bummer! My faux pas. Ecusez mois ma amie.

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Dnut, you're on a roll. You've made me laugh 5 times in the last 15 minutes.

What you say about the legality of kidnapping is no doubt true in Canada, where goodsensicality is more prevalent. Try not to wilt from culture shock in Denver. I know I should be there as your interpreter, but voilą, you will take your Babelpoisson, non?

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Um I not sure about the Babelpoisson but it sounds like me. Is it perchance Way Too Much Fun? I shall be tres safe ma amie. I'm armed with chocolate and Paj and Roybird will lead me around on my leash (I hope) I'm a little bit worried though cuz the airline asked for 'pre-flight approval info". No worries. I shall get more chocolate to bribe them too. Chocolate makes the world go around I find ^_^

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Does your leash have sequins perchance? Are they the shape shifty ones we know and love so well?

I am so jealous. I expect to see many gorgeous pictures.

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

OK, I have only one request. Please, oh please, someone MUST take a picture of PJbird and Roybird leading Our Dear Dahlia around on a leash. Including any ... um ... debris left in their wake.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Second.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I'm taking pics of the poop in paj's truck. I'm so hoping she brings the poop in the truck! I think there will be plentiful pics picante because our dear roybird is photographer extraordinaire.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.