Ducks

Coushatta, LA

Thanks Kim.

Coushatta, LA

Here is a picture of my Geese.7 girls and 4 boys.They are a week old.

This message was edited Apr 26, 2009 12:25 AM

Thumbnail by TheAngelGirl
Coushatta, LA

Here is a picture of my Flying Mallards at 1 day old.Their wings are clip so they will never fly.Their is 6 of them.

North Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Look at all of those beauties! How lucky you are to have such a variety.

Richmond, TX

How do they clip ducklings' wings so that can NEVER fly? Sounds drastic!

Coushatta, LA

Thanks Kim,it's a hand ful but it's fun.

Coushatta, LA

Porkpal,you stick out their wing and you clip off a little of the wing when they are just hatch.They have this powder were you can dip their wings in it,in case it bleed.They don't even make a nose that is how fast it's done.

Richmond, TX

OK not as bad as I feared. Sounds less traumatic than docking puppy tails, I guess...

Coushatta, LA

No,it's not that bad.They don't even bleed.I know i won't be able to do it though.

Cody

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

We trim the flight feathers on our Muscovy ducks after they molt each year. That way they can't fly. I trim off about 6 inches. Some people do it on just one side so that if the duck tried to fly, they can only get off the ground a bit because they are unbalanced.

Richmond, TX

Yes, I had heard of the feather clipping but did not know there was a perma-trim for flight prevention.

Coushatta, LA

Yea,it's kinda like cliping the feathers except you clip the wing.

Coushatta, LA

Here is a update on the baby ducks.

Coushatta, LA

another one.

Coushatta, LA

The baby Mallards.

Coushatta, LA

another one of them.

Coushatta, LA

a picture of thr geese.

Coushatta, LA

Tomorrow i will post pictures of our 2 Rouens and 4 Anconas.

Edisto Island, SC(Zone 8b)

what kind of geese did you get? virginia

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

The ducks look so great! Isn't it amazing how quickly they get so huge, compared to the way chicks mature? I find that fascinating. I mean, a mature duck and a mature chicken are roughly equivalent in size (although the shape is different) but the duck attains their full size SO fast in comparison.

The little mallards and goose look great too! We have a single goose that I hatched in our incubator. It is supposed to be a sebastopol cross. It is the first goose I ever had. Really cute!

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Coushatta, LA

Virginia,we have Pilgrim Geese.

Coushatta, LA

CMoxon,thanks thats is a cute picture.Yes our geese are almost a month old if not already.I would hand feed them boogers and now when my hands go in their to feed and water them.They peck at my hands,because they are use to having food in my hands.

Coushatta, LA

I will post the pictures in a little bit.I have to download them on to my computer.

Coushatta, LA

Here is a picture of our Rouens.

Coushatta, LA

Here is something funny.My Mallard DD was trying to mate with the Hen Rouen.It's so funny because,DD is short.But they are in different pens now.

This message was edited May 9, 2009 2:15 PM

Coushatta, LA

Here is a picture of our Anconas.

Coushatta, LA

Here is some pictures of the ducks at the mans house,that we got ours from.

Coushatta, LA

picture 25

Coushatta, LA

picture 26

Coushatta, LA

Coushatta, LA

Coushatta, LA

Richmond, TX

Careful RoseGirl, we've gotten in trouble with management for posting X-rated pictures before. However, perhaps ducks are less graphic than llamas...(definitely funnier in this case!) Are some of yours runners?

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

I can't believe how many ducks there are in those pictures! It's duck-o-rama!!

I think your picture is OK compared to my llamas because yours are "trying" but not succeeding. Mine were definitely succeeding. But who knows, some people seem to get offended easily.

I think it's a funny pic!

Coushatta, LA

Hi Porkpal,we don't have no runners.The pictures you see with all the ducks.That is just some of what the man has.We don't have all them ducks.I ask the man if i could take pictures of his ducks,and he said i could.

Those are some runners you see,but they are not ours.That is what all that man has.

This message was edited May 9, 2009 11:43 PM

Coushatta, LA

LOL!!!!!!CMoxon,ROFLMAO!!!!!!Thanks.

Cody

Coushatta, LA

Picture 30.
Ducks and Geese

Coushatta, LA

Picture 31

Geese