Swap Ric & Holly's Food Thread

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Good friends, good plants, and good food, they all go well together.
Ric and I will be providing chicken, burgers and hot dogs. Also we will have paper plates, cups, napkins and plastic ware. Please sign up to bring a covered dish to the swap. There will be a lot of hungry people at the swap but there will also be a lot of people bringing food don't feel as though you need to bring a huge amount of food. It also doesn't have to be homemade a few easy things we will need are hamburger/hot dog rolls, chips, and drinks. If bringing a covered dish is a problem due to traveling or some other issue don't worry there will be plenty to eat so don't feel as though you "have" to bring a food item. More than one person can sign up for a food item. I will keep a running list of what everyone is bringing at the top of the thread for easy reference.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Food list:
Meats for grilling (chicken, hamburger, hot dogs) Holly
Catsup and mustard LadyG
Plates, cups, plastic ware Holly
Salads/Pastas
Pa. Dutch Cole Slaw Buttoneer
Pasta /w roasty sauce Critterologist
Cold pasta veggie salad Onewish
Green mixed salad maple vinegarette dressing Roses_R_Red
Quinoa--fennel--fruit salad with raspberry vinaigrette Wind
Potato Salad Gita
home-made garlic Dill Pickles Gita
Fresh Veggies Sally
cucumber-dill-onion dip Buttoneer
Homus Roasted red pepper & Eggplant dip. Stormyla
Pita chips sliced squash & asparagus Stormyla
Kalamata Olives and maybe a cheese. Stormyla
Tzadziki, Greek dip Bec_No_Va
Drinks Bec_No_Va & Chantell
Drinks & Chips Kubileya
Homemade IceTea Sally
Beer Stormyla

Desserts / Baked Goods
Dessert Flowerjen
Garden party cupcakes Wind
Pound cake and maybe some brownies Catbird423
Monkey Bread Docgipe
Sweet tea breads NisiNJ
Irish Soda Bread LadyG

This is just a short description of these items. Reading the longer descriptions will make your mouth water

This message was edited Apr 29, 2009 9:20 AM

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Since we have "quite a ways to go" how about if Chantell & I bring sodas/water?

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

I will be making my "Pa. Dutch Cole Slaw." Very sweet & creamy. Hope you all like it as much as we do. Thanks.

Since Sally is bringing raw veggies, I will be bringing some Cucumber-Dill-Onion dip for them.

This message was edited Apr 23, 2009 8:18 AM

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I'll be bringing something for dessert...haven't decided exactly what yet.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I will bring a cold pasta veggie salad ... I have a cooler I can bring it in

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I know Jim will want me to make mmmeatballs if we have time, but I think that week is going to be tight. But I'll sign up for a dish of pasta with roasty sauce (from last year's garden). That should go fine with onewish's pasta salad... :-)

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I'm starting to get hungry already.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

We'll be travelling up the day before and camping, so I think I'll stick to something I don't have to cook. Chips and soda?

Mount Bethel, PA(Zone 6a)

I will bring a green salad of arrugula, red leaf lettuce,goat cheese, candied pecans, dried cranberries, sliced pears, hearts of palm, tomatoes, and red onion with a maple vinegarette dressing (warmed if possible).

This message was edited Apr 16, 2009 4:40 PM

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

YUM to that salad (green) !!!!!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

R_R_R, Not sure about that salad, Maybe you should send me a very large sample first. LOL Sounds very, very good. Looking forward to trying some of that. Yes the Microwave or stove will be available to warm it.

Mount Laurel, NJ(Zone 7a)

Roses your salad sounds wonderful :)

I'm getting the urge to try something that I saw that was so creative (if I can get the time), they were garden party cupcakes with little veggies on the top.

So I may make fun garden party cupcakes (2 kinds: low-fat chocolate cake topped with ganache "dirt" and garden carrot cake) and a salad too. Maybe a quinoa--fennel--fruit salad with raspberry vinaigrette. I'm flexible and we can bring whatever is needed, JLMK.

wind- garden party cupcakes could be an article~~

I'm pretty sure nobody else was already planning on quinoa-fennel salad LOL Sounds ultra YUM Maybe I better think creative.....

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

yum yum and yum

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Wind, You bring it and we will eat it. Both the cup cakes and the fruit salad look good to me. Just pick which ever one you feel like making.

Mount Laurel, NJ(Zone 7a)

OK, I may bring a little of both :)

Sally, I did think of that! Article writing minds must think alike ^_^

Odenton, MD(Zone 7b)

I love to bake so I think I'll be making a pound cake and maybe some brownies (I am addicted to them so hopefully there will be some left after I drive up). I'll also bring some pickles (HOT!!)

NORTH CENTRAL, PA(Zone 5a)

The Baker speaking here: I will bring a tower of sourdough nine grain whole wheat Monkey Bread baked for the occasion laced with walnuts and raisins.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

doc, you got me drooling already.

I'm flexible! How about some raw veggies for people who don't like salads, and a gallon of real brewed iced tea?

Hollyann, can you be a sweetie and update your menu at the top?

Bordentown, NJ(Zone 7a)

Kat and I have in the past baked sweet tea breads to sell at bazaars. They are small so people could even take them home. Some of the flavors are strawberry, peach, zucchini, banana (one flavor per loaf, of course). We would like to bake some fresh and bring them as they don't take up much room and don't require refrigeration.

Denise

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Yes I will Sally, Ric will love the ice tea.
Doc, I haven't had Monkey bread for ages, Yummy.
Food is sounding great we will have a real feast.

Edited to add:
Sally, Ric wants to know if you grew the tea you will use in your "Homemade" Ice Tea. LOL

This message was edited Apr 23, 2009 7:26 AM

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

"one flavor per loaf" Aww, shucks. LOL They sound delicious, as does Doc's monkey bread.

Ha ! well I could make mint tea...I had one plant last year and, well, you know what mint does...!

Har Har..........call the local soup kitchen. There are going to be leftovers. ]:o)

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Doc, I think you may be right. Much more food than we will ever eat in one day. It all sounds so good.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

I can't believe I missed this Thread!!!!
Need to start looking outside the BOX of "watched Threads"!

Hmmm--now I need to think what i can bring.......Give me a couple days....

Gita

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

I will be bringing a cucumber-dill-onion dip for Sally G's fresh veggies, if that is all right. Thanks.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

bump

burp ]:o)

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

doc--You are TOOOO funny!!!

OK! I have decided what i will bring! Put this on your list....

What's a cook out without some good, home made Potato Salad????
Maybe--also a batch of my home-made garlic Dill Pickles.....
That's what I will bring!!!......:o)

Gita

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

I know we have some breads already, but since I will be traveling Friday and staying at a motel, I can't bring anything that might cause a tummy ache, spoiling. So I can make Irish Soda Bread and how about Catsup and mustard.

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Ok, I'll bring some Homus and a Roasted red pepper & Eggplant dip. Pita chips with sliced squash & asparagus for dipping. Also some nice Kalamata Olives and maybe a cheese. Oh, and some Beer!

Doc, That Monkey Bread is calling to me!

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

And to add on to the food-madness - I'll bring Tzadziki, Greek dip, it'll give us all lovely garlic breath and tastes oh so good :-)

Crozet, VA

Wow, it sounds as though we will once again be feasting upon some extra special goodies. Everything sounds so delicious. Yum yum.

We too will be traveling, so will have to think about what we might bring along with us.

Ruby

I'm waving my hand and standing in line for a serving of Tzadziki. Think that will be a first for this 'ole dog. Now sitting up and speaking too.

Brunswick, MD(Zone 6b)

I'll be bringing Spiedies. Spiedies, (pronounced "speedies"), are marinated cubes of pork (or choice of meat) cooked on a skewer served on soft sliced italian bread. I get the marinade from here. http://www.spiedies.com/extra_info_pages.php?pages_id=8

I found out about them from my neighbors who are from the Binghamton New York State area where it's a regional food. They even have an annual Spiedie Fest with hot-air balloons.

After I thought about them, my husband ran out to the store to get the pork loins for me while they were still on sale for half price while I was busy. What a sweetie!

This message was edited May 4, 2009 11:39 AM

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Sounds yummy!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

They do sound good.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.