What's Blooming in your Garden??

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Hespiris, Rippling rose it is... thank you so much. will take another pic tomorrow with the beard showing.

Elaine

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

Gabriel
i got 3 and 3 on my Starled it is a big clump this year and a mass of blooms always one of my first to bloom it is a very nice iris
but they look very wilted looking today but its so hot .looks like i will not have any thing for 1st Tulsa Iris Show this Saturday with out some thing pops up tomorrow

Lebanon, OR

Well with sun shining and it warm the medians are starting to bloom like crazy about 40-50 new ones today.

Some very new to me or intros from last year

D

South Hamilton, MA

First iris pumila thinking about blooming. Last yr log has them in a couple of more days, so not as far behind as thought.

Raleigh, NC

y'all will have to just let me have another day for photos. it was lovely today, but I think my head is too much. I'll take photos tomorrow. the IBs out front are putting on a show!

Alphy Gnu finally bloomed, after the deer yanking it out over and over again. DD is enchanted by it. now she's bugging me to get some with names she likes. she's into role playing and she wants "cast a spell" LOL

Owasso, OK(Zone 6b)

Hi tazzy This is Lemon Pop taken yesterday or today, lost track. Have several in bloom but this is only one with 6 falls. One bloom of Lemon Pop last year had 5 falls and 4 standards.

Now have had Protocol and Startled with extras too. What is it with me and the yellows? lol

Have a lot of buds, some may will be ready by this weekend. Sure hope so, usually I have none or just a couple. Are you coming anyway even if you have nothing to show? Hope so.

rose

Thumbnail by Gabriel25
Owasso, OK(Zone 6b)

This is Pink Pele, opened this morning

tazzy
love Dazzling, and my Cee Jay opened today

Thumbnail by Gabriel25
Owasso, OK(Zone 6b)

One of my orphans, it was supposed to be City Lights. Oh, well, I think it is pretty anyway.

Thumbnail by Gabriel25
Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Just got mail from the friend who sent me the irises last year. Mine is Chatter, not Rose. Whew so many Irises,, so little time.

Elaine

Thumbnail by EFGeorgia1
Cherryvale, KS

Happy Tuesday BIF's!! Will take more pictures Thursday. Worked today & Wed. Quite a few are popping. Jurassic Park has popped! Looking over blooms, trying to decide if I'll have anything to take to Tulsa iris show'Would like to meet tazzy, gabriel125, and Sonja, that I met on facebook. Are any of you on facebook?

Owasso, OK(Zone 6b)

I am not on facebook, not sure of what it is.
Would like to meet you also, sure hope you can come, even if you have nothing to show.

South Hamilton, MA

We never had trouble with extra flower parts on Lemon Pop--we took it to the iris sale as it was so reliable & want to get those out in public. I have a SDB seedling which is nice,but does have multiples in the terminal; again? it will be compost. Have you had low temp while the flower buds were forming?

Got 4 and 4 on 'American Patriot ' today
Yes i will be at show about 1 O'Clock Saturday have people from Plant Traders web site in town who what to meet me too !

Thumbnail by tazzy

by my front step

Thumbnail by tazzy

This and That
IB or BB i forgot but heavy bloomer

Thumbnail by tazzy

Bottled Sunshine , IB
Oklhoma bred iris and a great bloomer By Hooker Nickles

Thumbnail by tazzy

Flo
A dip historic keep it because of my sister Florence

Thumbnail by tazzy

Power Surge, showing more of red cast than last year but i poured some blood meal on that bed last Fall my accident
i think it is misnamed after closer look

This message was edited Apr 22, 2009 12:44 PM

Thumbnail by tazzy

Royal Renassance TB by kerr

Thumbnail by tazzy
South Hamilton, MA

Our first MDB seedling opened today, beat the pumilas. Extra flower parts on an entire stem is a novelty. On the terminal bud only, its a fault!! I wouldn't be happy with it.

Owasso, OK(Zone 6b)

irisMA We had a freeze as some of the buds were forming, some of the MDBs and SDBs buds just dried up. But these others seemed fine. So far it has only been one terminal bloom on one stalk, no each of the three. Mine were all yellows.
Had this one bloom today, supposed to be Syncopation.

Thumbnail by Gabriel25
Owasso, OK(Zone 6b)

tazzy I'm supposed to be there early, like Friday but since grandson and I share a vehicle, don't know if I'll make it. Supposed to take entries, but will have to leave Friday by 4:00 pm. Will be there Saturday even though it's his birthday. Don't know what his plans are.

Owasso, OK(Zone 6b)

continued...but the ones that had dried up buds had other buds and other stalks. So still got bloom. I have so many getting ready to bloom, can't keep up. Easter Sunrise also bloomed today, as did Wild Wings and Lillian Lee. But can't wait until tomorrow to see what else is blooming.

Thumbnail by Gabriel25
South Hamilton, MA

The terminals are always at risk in plants which may be difficult in cold. If the cold comes before they develop there is usually not a problem. DH has looked & his pumila seedlings are starting to bloom. He is thrilled as very fond of that little species. We are really not set up for camera-computer work.

Raleigh, NC

that's too bad, irisMA. I'm not that familiar with pumila and would like to know/see more of them

Ballycastle

Thumbnail by bonjon
Gainesville, TX

Dawning

Thumbnail by sharondippity
Lebanon, OR

Keep it up Lucy you getting more with it and the computer...us senior citizens need more help and thankfully there are the younger ones out there to teach us.

D

Raleigh, NC

Dancing Lilacs

Thumbnail by bonjon
Rome, GA(Zone 7b)

Another noid blooming in my garden this morning.

When we moved to our new house all of my iris were dug up and transported to their new location. Being that I am not very well organized, most of my name tags were lost.:>(

Thumbnail by bamagirl35973
South Hamilton, MA

Do you have a list of your plants from the old place? It might help ID the new. After all. Dee I learned to type in high school. Now I am looking in doc to find last yrs' application for garden inspection. I don't think that pumila will grow in NC. They are a mountain meadow plant.

Raleigh, NC

there's always a reason why the pretty ones won't grow here.....

Cherryvale, KS

Aardvark Antickz Happy Thursday BIF's!!! Most of you on this thread are safe, but you Oakies better be careful!! I'll be carrying a shovel Saturday!!LOL Very pretty pictures!! Lord let us all live thru bloom season! Amen

Thumbnail by NickysIris
Cherryvale, KS

Bordello Art-- Tried to verify this one in plant files. It isn't there! Can some of you smart people tell me if name is correct!!!

Thumbnail by NickysIris
Greeneville, TN(Zone 6b)

Try Bargello Art

Copperas Cove, TX(Zone 8a)

Drama Queen

Thumbnail by wagnerska

Voltage

Thumbnail by wagnerska

Lip Service

Thumbnail by wagnerska