What's Blooming in your Garden??

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

And more of us are going that direction all the time. Even members of the female gender.

Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Thanks 2nd Chance, I might have to take you up on that :-)

"Solar" and "Startled" are both beautiful. I love yellow irises.

Lebanon, OR

My hair has always taken perms well. I told the gal that I did not want to walk out like a poodle just because of my age and height.:)

Big problem is she did not cut hair before or after. The owner looked at the hair felt the hair and has called back and redoing, cutting styling for nothing.

Hope you get some of rain. You can have 5 weeks at 2" per week...GLADLY you hear. Yes, I know I live in the PNW but I need to finish the weeding at the tours start mid May...three acres is alot to weed even with using pre emgerent.

D

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Daunting!

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

hmmm, well the sunny south here has received about 13 inches of rain in the past 3 weeks. A good test of which Iris can stand the rain and wind.
Here is white Iris Hollandica 'Wedgewood'

Elaine

Thumbnail by EFGeorgia1
Lebanon, OR

Beautiful Dutch iris.

Thank you for posting we do not get to see many here on the forum, and would love to see more species, and dutch

D

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I hope to start learning about species at the judges training in Albuquerque on April 25th. I know nothing. I, too, love dutch and hope to learn to recognize species.

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

'Purple Sensation' pretty sure on this one.
thanks for the compliment.

Thumbnail by EFGeorgia1
Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Really? That's a dutch iris? I would have thought Japanese. It sure is different looking.

PS, hi Elaine! The irises you sent me are doing beautifully. I expect they will bloom this year, and I can't wait to see them.

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

You guys have some wonderful iris! I would love to trade for a few if you are interested please look at my classified ad. Thanks
Teresa

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

Dazzzling _ IB-- by P Black 2008

Thumbnail by tazzy

Eye Of the Tiger _SDB 2008 == by P, Black

Thumbnail by tazzy

Cee jay IB

Thumbnail by tazzy
Cherryvale, KS

Blitz- enough for Cox's army!!LOL

Thumbnail by NickysIris
Cherryvale, KS

Circus Dragon SDB-Jones 02 Tazzy- I'm coming to dig Dazzling!!LOL

Thumbnail by NickysIris
Cherryvale, KS

Farside IB Sutton 05

Thumbnail by NickysIris

Nicky ^_^

Cherryvale, KS

Fast Forward-IB Aitken 02 Happy Thursday BIF's!!

Thumbnail by NickysIris
Cherryvale, KS

Honeylove SDB Craig 04

Thumbnail by NickysIris
Cherryvale, KS

Impulsive Imp SDB Blyth 04

Thumbnail by NickysIris
Cherryvale, KS

Just A Croc SDB Kasperek 97

Thumbnail by NickysIris
Cherryvale, KS

Kiwi Slices Good enough to eat?

Thumbnail by NickysIris
Cherryvale, KS

Overcast SDB Keppel 06 Very cool!

Thumbnail by NickysIris
Cherryvale, KS

Slam Dunk Smells like heaven!! Everyone needs this iris!

Thumbnail by NickysIris
Cherryvale, KS

Wish Upon A Star SDB Black 04 I'm not sure I can keep this up!! They are starting to pop like firecrackers!!LOL

Thumbnail by NickysIris
Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

oooo, so pretty all. I wasn't sure about my purple one posted above. It wasn't fully opened. Please anyone let me know name.
Hi Polly,,, and glad those Iris are doing well. My Iris are beginning to bloom after all the rain and wind down here. My flowers from you are peeking up too. The cranesbill geranium is already blooming.

Elaine

Rome, GA(Zone 7b)

My first iris to bloom. Wish I could remember the name but my name tag is missing.

Thumbnail by bamagirl35973
Rome, GA(Zone 7b)

My second iris to bloom. Name tag missing on this one as well.

Thumbnail by bamagirl35973
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

They are both gorgeous!

Rome, GA(Zone 7b)

Thank you. They were both in a hail storm a few days ago so I am really glad that they didn't get pounded into the ground.:>)

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Lots of nice ones. I love Eye Of the Tiger and Slam Dunk.

South Hamilton, MA

Do chart the garden as well as relying on tags.

Raleigh, NC

Chartres

Thumbnail by bonjon
Raleigh, NC

Blackcurrant = I never seem to photo this one when the terminal bud blooms, so this is one of the lower blooms. Love the colors, but it does tend to bloom down low more than up

Thumbnail by bonjon
Tempe, AZ(Zone 9b)

Ooh! I've never had one bloom the first year!

IDOL

Thumbnail by 2ndChance
Raleigh, NC

really? depending on the vendor, I get between 50% and 95% to bloom the first year! Cooleys' near always bloom for me at 95%, for example. they have a guarantee that if it doesn't, they give the $$ back. or they did. I didn't see that in their catalogue this year.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Idol is beautiful. What a striking color combo!

Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Wow, so many beautiful Iris, all - don't know where to start with the compliments! LOL Iris are fascinating in that I don't think there's a flower out there with so much variation in coloring, design, and subtle beauty.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

You may be right, Steve. Dahlias have a lot, but they won't survive the winter in most of the US. Must be dug up and brought indoors for the winter then replanted in the Spring. Iris are hard to beat. As you can see, most of us are totally addicted to them.

Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

I have this newly blooming today

Thumbnail by SteveIndy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.