What's Blooming in your Garden??

Cherryvale, KS

Here is my first bloom! Leopard Print Happy Tuesday BIF's!!Please feel free to post your first pictures here!!

Thumbnail by NickysIris
Cherryvale, KS

The second is Little Sighs-SDB Sutton 08

Thumbnail by NickysIris
Cherryvale, KS

The third is Two Thumbs Up -SDB Sutton 08 first time bloom, didn't clear foliage!

Thumbnail by NickysIris
Cherryvale, KS

Last, but not least HUSSY-SDB Blyth 06 Not a very good picture. Sorry Cat!

Thumbnail by NickysIris
Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Here was my first - not sure the variety

Thumbnail by SteveIndy
Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Oh and this one - I think it is "Throb" - I love the orange beard!

Thumbnail by SteveIndy
Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

And another - no label on this one either

Thumbnail by SteveIndy
Cherryvale, KS

Steve, I really like Throb!! Very pretty!

Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Thanks Nicky - I was admiring your "Little Sighs" - very dramatic bearding :-)

Houghton Lake, MI(Zone 4b)

Nickysiris, they are so cute! I am really happy for you. About 6 more weeks before the SDBs start blooming here.

Steve, LOVE the one you posted as your first, not sure of variety. Very pretty.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Great pictures NickyBIF! I just love the medians.

Nice pics Steve!

Westminster, MD

Beautiful irises Steve!

The last one looks like one that's on my list to order from "Iris 4 U". Could it be "Sky and Sun"?

Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Thanks you guys :-)

Hmm Ron - I got them all from Schreiner's; maybe I still have the invoice and can look them up. They were all planted with labels but the leaves are covering many of them up and others are just missing. I looked at my order list however and looked all of them up on Scheriner's site and I think it must be "Navajo Jewel" by process of elimination - it DOES kind of look like "Sky and Sun" only I didn't order that one.

Mshadow, I think the first one must have been a bonus as I don't have that one listed on my sheet either! ^_^ I need to do better tracking!

Cherryvale, KS

Happy Saturday BIF's!! More pictures to share!! They are really starting to pop! Gumby SDB

Thumbnail by NickysIris
Cherryvale, KS

Two Thumbs Up SDB Sutton 08 This flower came up out of the foliage!

Thumbnail by NickysIris
Cherryvale, KS

Little Black Foot SDB

Thumbnail by NickysIris
Cherryvale, KS

Hopefully a much better picture of Hussy SDB Blyth 06 This is a 2-year plant. It has 8 bloom stalks!!!

Thumbnail by NickysIris
Cherryvale, KS

Absolute Joy SDB Aitken 06

Thumbnail by NickysIris
Cherryvale, KS

Circus Dragon SDB Jones 02 Ruined the flower, but wanted you to see the color!!!

Thumbnail by NickysIris
Cherryvale, KS

Ballistic SDB Black 02

Thumbnail by NickysIris
Cherryvale, KS

Honeylove SDB Craig 04 Last one for today!! Sun is shining now, but rain expected Sunday!! Happy Easter!!

Thumbnail by NickysIris
(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Love that citrus dragon. I ordered something similar this year called
Bright Chic

very cheery!

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

I am so jealous! Once again a warm winter so none of my little ones bloomed. Not even "What Again" which usually is a reliable bloomer for me. I want "Gumby" so bad but if these little ones won't bloom in my zone 8,there's no point in buying any more...*sigh* so I've just have to enjoy everyone elses pictures.

South Hamilton, MA

Try an IB for next year. That might work especially if the TB parent came from a hybridizer in the warmer zones. Sad about the dwarfs, but the beautiful Spurias don't like it here.

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Bumblebee Delight does well for me....that's an IB,ISN'T IT?

Owasso, OK(Zone 6b)

BUMBLEBEE DEELITE (J. & G. Norrick, R. 1985). Sdlg. JN-82-1. MTB, 18" (46 cm), EM. S. yellow; F. maroon, edged yellow; orange beard; tailored. Pewee X Ornate Pageant. Miller's Manor 1986

So it is a miniature tall bearded, it is blooming for me now.

rose

Owasso, OK(Zone 6b)

Clump of BEDFORD LILAC, took this photo this morning in the rain, we have 100% chance of the falling water today. Happy Easter, everyone!

Thumbnail by Gabriel25
South Hamilton, MA

Glad that you grow Bedford Lilac. It's hybridizer, Bennett Jones died at the end of March at age 92. We have his lovely plants to remember him by.

Owasso, OK(Zone 6b)

Nickyiris, I love all your little cuties! I've been out in the rain, looking for more blooms and buds. Call me crazy...

Lebanon, OR

In our Easter rain, no new blooms still just the 3. I have 2 thumbs up and really like it, Little Sighs looks like something I need

D

Owasso, OK(Zone 6b)

irisMA did not realize that Bennett Jones had passed away, sorry to hear it.
I have had BEDFORD LILAC for several years, strange that so soon after his death, it bloomed for me for the first time. I think it is beautiful.

Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Beautiful Irises Nicky - you have some really unique stuff!

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Yes, Nicky has lots of beautiful iris. I like two thumbs up, too and lots of the others. I have Bedford Lilac, too, thanks to the generosity of one pollyk. Thanks, polly. Maybe it will bloom this year.
Has anyone tried End Zone? I got it at the rhizome sale but it died over the winter. I think I might buy one somewhere or trade for one if possible, because I love the colors. Do you all find it a good grower?

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Here are some Pacific Coast Iris blooming right now.

Thumbnail by doss
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Your Pacific Coast Iris are a knockout, doss. And is that a rhododendron behind them?

Raleigh, NC

those PACs are indeed lovely. envy all over my face!

Bottled Sunshine graced our Easter brunch table at the family's gathering of the clan. very nice IB, sort of a soft neon lemon. but the first stalk that opened last week got hit by the last frost. hope we have no more. average last frost is 4/10

there's a TB in the back that's showing color, about to pop. the bloom bud is black. will have to look up the name.

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

The plant behind the PCI is a kurume azalea.

Lebanon, OR

Cheating Doss with such beautiful iris and your heavenly garden...

D

Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

Blooming Christmas Morning

Hermodactylus tuberosa In cultivation since 1597
Also Called the snake head iris and/or widow iris

Thumbnail by avmoran
Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

more HT

Thumbnail by avmoran

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.