New order arrived today....

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

My (now annual) clematis order arrived from Brushwood - and yet again they amaze me with the size and quality of their plants - one even arrived in bloom - Wada's Primrose

Adding 8 clematis and 2 jasmines to my growing collection of vines ^_^ I keep reading here and learning more on how to keep 'em happy and growing

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Congrats on your new babies..Dan has some of the best clematis available..enjoy..Jeanne

(Zone 4a)

Yay exciting!

Kannapolis, NC

WooHoo! I'm going to order Niobe and add some more to my own new collection of clematis.

(Zone 5b)

Congrats to you! Would it be possible for you to post a pix of them for those that haven't ordered from them before?

Athens, PA

Brushwood is great. I have gotten a number of my clems from them over the years. I also like Klems Songsparrow and Joy Creek. I havent' try Silver Star Vinery yet, but have only heard wonderful things about SSV.

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Bonnie - I'll post some pictures that I took last year ^-^ I don't have the names available - but, it'll give you an idea of their plants

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va
Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Niobe I believe

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va
Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

This will give you a good idea of how large the plants are when they arrive

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va
Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

May-08

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va
Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

June-08

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va
Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

June-08

Just opening...

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va
Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

June-08

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va
(Zone 5b)

Wow, those are very nice! I assume they have a nice size healthy root system by the looks of the plants?

These were all from Brushwood correct, because I'll have to check out their website later...

I just received 5 new ones today from a DG member who was selling them on marketplace. Going back out to pot them up but I'll post some pix later because I am VERY satisfied!

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Yes, these were all from Brushwood - I'm habitual and tend to order from places I have used before...I tired going the "smaller & more reasonable" route...learned by my own mistake and won't do that again - shipping is more than reasonable and they offer a discount for larger orders....

Delaware, OH

brushwood keeps getting better and better. the website, the selection, the plants. i can't wait till first week may and my orders arrive.
planned them for early may so i could get all the chores done and then introduce the new family members with quality.
so jealous of you zoners who are in the flow of 09..we are coming out of dormancy fast and when i am not looking at the clem progress, i am stressing over the emerging weeds.

i have a wada's primrose in the ground from last year /brushwood. she is off to a nice healthy spring with new shoots, definitely alive.....can't wait till i have those blooms.
yummy clematis. hope mine blooms at the same time as the otto froebel she is planted next to........

bec no va...the shipping charges at brushwood are amazingly low this year...i agree. very nice surprise. i think they reduced them this year....

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Becky:

You've definitely have a lovely selection of Clematis growing in your garden! I agree that Brushwood is one to the top quality Clematis nurseries. I've always been very pleased with all the plants that I have ordered from them.

Keep your Clematis addiction growing! We enjoy seeing all your wonderful pictures!

(Zone 5b)

I have several added in my cart now at Brushwood, but you all beat me to several ones so I'll have to purchase them another time. (Probably a good thing because my clematis fund is getting very low)

I always enjoy seeing threads like this because occasionally what I consider nice size is completely different than others.

Guru, I feel your pain with the weeds. :(

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

LOL - "I have several added in my cart now" - that SO sounds like me...

Delaware, OH

you can wait list at brushwood. click on the clem to place in cart if it says sold out and you will have a wait list option.
i didin't get that option for awhile......

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

I ordered a few clematis from Bluestone last year and they didn't make it - so I received replacements this year, small but very healthy roots - I planted them in different spots this time, and within a few days I was rewarded with this :-)

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va
Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

This is from Brushwood - last years, and is doing fabulous (tag is buried...)

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va
Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Since I am so limited on space I have to use planters

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va
North Pole, AK(Zone 1)

Bec_No_Va, What is the one in your 6471456 post? The white with the green stripe? Love it!

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

^_^ Unfortunately I buried the tag

Delaware, OH

looks like Alabast, also known as poulala to me. mine will be blooming in about 3 weeks in zone 5. does the foliage come out very early and bronze followed by very dark green?
of course there are other things it could be and alabast not that common.

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Unburied tag - Guernsey Cream :)

Delaware, OH

if you like guernsey, try and get an alabast (poulala). it blooms as guernsey wanes, also opening a nice pistachio color. nice to have waves of favorite blooms.

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Thanks - I'll research it - one can never have too many clematis - lack of space or not ^_^

Delaware, OH

i agree. most people think the do not have space and when you "think vertically" you realize you have room for lots more!

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Yes, I just added to an order I have with Joy Creek - Durandii & Juulie - the blue is stunning ^_^ I've been gardening vertically for years - living in a townhouse does not give much garden space - amazing what you can fit in planters & on the deck!

Delaware, OH

clem roots like companions too. so "think vertically and plant locally"

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Guru - I just received the Joy Creek order and all of them are heavily pruned - and the pots are HUGE - can I plant them immediately, even in their dormant state? Should I leave them for a few days? I have never ordered from them before, but if the roots are any indication I'm very happy!

Delaware, OH

joy creek is a great source, plant immediately. they prune to minimize shipping costs and plant damage, also knowing you will not prune as much as the plant needs......if you can not plant out immediately, keep moisture there but not too much and partial shade while you prepare to plant!
i love joy creek , and have a good size order coming in next week. i can not wait! and the selection is amazing, is it not?

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Thanks for the info - will plant this afternoon - YES, the selection is amazing! I had to seriously hold myself back when I was ordering ^_^

Delaware, OH

totally can "dig" that. what a healthy obsession we have tho! bringing beauty into our lives and gardens, meeting people with common interests...new CLEMSHIPS and clempals!

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Absolutely - I have made some really good friends because of gardening - my mother would be SO proud!

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Pink Perfection

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va
Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Romantica

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va
Delaware, OH

pretty blooms. the season begins!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.