Spring is coming :)

Mona in Metcalfe, ON(Zone 5a)

I over wintered my geraniums and now they are huge and falling over so I did a bunch of cutting and they are rooting fine what I want to know is how long from cutting and they are big cuttings to get them to bloom ????????

San Angelo, TX(Zone 7b)

Mine are blooming great just getting real leggy? I don't know how to get them to be "bushy" and not leggy??

usually leggy means not enough sun

if the top has to blooms yet pinch of the top and it will start to go sideways
sorry half asleep on this one what I mean is that the top is the last to bloom and if there is no bloom coming from the top of the plant you can cut the top off the plant and it will get lateral growth which will mean more blooms in the long run

This message was edited May 26, 2009 8:38 AM

San Angelo, TX(Zone 7b)

pinch off the tops that are blooming?

sorry I didnt think I was that tired but must have been I dont usually un talk like that hahahahahah

london, United Kingdom

I thought I'd send in a few pictures of hardy geraniums that are in bloom here at Kew gardens, spring has well and truly sprung here and the gardens are looking great. The first one is G. 'Phillpe Vapelle.

Thumbnail by rbtkew
london, United Kingdom

Geranium 'Kashmir White'

Thumbnail by rbtkew
london, United Kingdom

Geranium cinerium subsp. subcaulescans

Thumbnail by rbtkew
london, United Kingdom

Not a Geranium but Erodium petraeum. We have many hardy geraniums at Kew and a fine collection of species Pelagoniums. I hope you like the pictures

Thumbnail by rbtkew
San Angelo, TX(Zone 7b)

Those are beautiful!
I wish I could take a picture of mine. They have blooms and seem to be spreading? Do they self-germinate?

not usually mine have not self seeded but the plant is getting bigger with time a few inches per year and when it is done blooming I cut it back and it blooms again later in the summer

San Angelo, TX(Zone 7b)

They are alot bigger than when I got them. I've got mine in pots though. I'm starting to think they need a bigger pot? I wish I could send a picture and you'd know better what I was talking about.

london, United Kingdom

Most hardy geraniums divide easily; this is best done in spring. If you are growing them in pots they quickly become pot-bound.do you know species/variety they are?

San Angelo, TX(Zone 7b)

I got them in 4" pots at walgreens. So you think I should try dividing them pretty soon? I got them 04-03-09. They have doubled in size already. I think the species is x horterum? They're a coral color. Real pretty.

Fayette, MO(Zone 6a)

Wow! These are beautiful... Thanks for sharing pictures..

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.