Baby turn OFF the light... Earth hour - Should we?

pic. 2

Thumbnail by

pic 3

Thumbnail by

a beautiful museum piece I would love to have.

Thumbnail by

I can't resist taking pic's of sunset's.

Thumbnail by
Richland, MI(Zone 5b)

Welcome, Rachel! Share the beauty!

dolphins close to Key Largo, FL

Thumbnail by goofybulb
Keaau, HI

Being off-grid, we have Earth Hour everyday here!

Below is Old Growth (10,000 yrs. +) Hawaiian Rainforest.

Thumbnail by Metrosideros
Keaau, HI

Can you see the turtle in the water?

Keaau, HI

Mauna Kea from Hilo.

St. Augustine is one place my heart/mind/body/soul......rest's in when I visit.

Rachel

This message was edited Mar 27, 2009 10:28 PM

Thumbnail by

A few more.

Thumbnail by

Croton's surrounding a beautiful landmark.

Thumbnail by

last one.

Thumbnail by
Keaau, HI

Thanks for the photos!

Here are reflections off a pond in Kapoho, Puna, Hawai'i.

Another interesting piece.

Thumbnail by

Pretty.

Thumbnail by

The "white" peacock's are stunning to view. This one was strutting her stuff for male's to view.

Thumbnail by
Richland, MI(Zone 5b)

Dave, beautiful as always! I can see the turtle! Funny how the cartoons make us expect a round turtle every time! I must be very water-deprived, but I really want/need a pond with duckies!

Rachel, great shots, I love St Augustine! That white peacock is stunning! and that is a serious rain-barrel.

Little crabs on San Marco beach, FL

Thumbnail by goofybulb
Richland, MI(Zone 5b)

I wonder if these came for seafood dinner?

Thumbnail by goofybulb
Richland, MI(Zone 5b)

January, February, March, April,...

Thumbnail by goofybulb
Richland, MI(Zone 5b)

have no idea what these are, I've seen them in Naples, FL in January. But I love them, they are almost like some crazy fluffy pets!

Thumbnail by goofybulb
Richland, MI(Zone 5b)

AAAHHH! My two favorite things! Vicious, I tell you! Now don't laugh, but I love a little coffee-shop, with umbrellas and coffee in a ceramic cup! Call me a snob, but it tastes different than the paper-cup or plastic ones!

Thumbnail by goofybulb

goofy, those are the blooms of the Pandanus. When fully developed they look like rags hanging in the tree.
Great closeup shot.

Thumbnail by

RitterSport with hazelnuts used to be my favorite chocolate when we lived in Europe!

noonamah, Australia

Well, I'll throw a few reptiles into the mix:

This is one of the many Flat-backed Turtles I wrestled with making it back to the water with dignity barely intact.

Thumbnail by tropicbreeze
noonamah, Australia

Varanus panoptes, Northern Sand Goanna, grows up to about a metre and a half. At that size they look quite impressive. This one was a bit over a metre long.

noonamah, Australia

Rock Monitor, Varanus glebopalma, only grow to about half a metre. I certainly haven't seen them bigger.

noonamah, Australia

Varanus giganteus, Perentie, doesn't live here (in the north) but is a dweller of the central desert areas of Australia. Second largest lizard in the world, after the Komodo Dragon of Indonesia, it grows to over 2.5 metres. This photo is of a baby of just under a metre long I found in the Gibson Desert. A few years earlier I came across a huge one in western Queensland, near the Simpson Desert, close to the 2.5 metre mark. Only had a film camera and it was overcast weather. The photo didn't come out all that well and scanning didn't improve anything. You never tangle with them, they can do serious damage.

noonamah, Australia

Camouflage is important in the animal world.

aloe blooming today in my yard

Thumbnail by

closeup of bloom

Thumbnail by
Richland, MI(Zone 5b)

Beautiful pictures, everyone! Welcome, Tropicbreeze, I always enjoy your pictures! I miss the little Miami lizards...

Dutchlady, now that I see the Pandanus whole, I think I saw one in Fairchild as well, I'll have to find my pictures from our walk. A wonderful conic shape they have!
Gotta love chocolate! I recently found it in a store close to me, a bit expensive, but it doesn't matter!

Our dinner is on the make, and if not too cold, we'll be looking up the sky!

Keep the photos coming! Happy earth hour everyone!

Thumbnail by goofybulb
Richland, MI(Zone 5b)

looking up the sausage tree...

Thumbnail by goofybulb
Richland, MI(Zone 5b)

... about 2 hours left until switch-off
Think of all the pretty things! (this one's not mine)

Thumbnail by goofybulb
noonamah, Australia

We did all that yesterday, it's just before noon now, the day after Earth Hour Day.

Our local Aboriginal rock art.

Richland, MI(Zone 5b)

Well, I have 10 minutes left, and I'm starting to turn them off. here's my Southwestern candle...

Thank you for all the beautiful images, and Happy Earth Hour, everyone, everywhere!
Hugs,
Alexandra

Thumbnail by goofybulb

Tropicbreeze, Picture's drawn on rock's alway's hold a meaning.

This one remind's me of a woman and her child.

Rachel

noonamah, Australia

I puzzled some people (non-plant types) with this photo. They thought it was something made for a shop window display, for showing off fashion accessories.

noonamah, Australia

Rachel, in the X-ray tradition of art the male was frequently depicted smaller than the female. This is a husband/wife couple and represents procreativity.

Rhizophora stylosa, one of a number of Rhizophora species mangrove common along our coast and estuaries. Although, Rhizophora usually prefer to be closer to the open sea.

Keaau, HI

What is that feather-duster type plant. Dracaena?

noonamah, Australia

Hey, you should be telling me Dave. :P I'll leave it a while and see if there are any other takers.

Okay every/anybody, what's in the photo in post #6333710 (3 above this post).

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.