What's Happening in Your neighborhood-visit with friends #15

Thunder Bay Ontario, ON(Zone 3a)

Another .. !! DAWG !!! Having a case of 'mental pause' here .. actually .. since I have NEVER looked up a plant on DG site .. I guess I shouldn't be too hard on myself.

Had a bud just call me for info on 'Caladium' .. she things it looks a lot like Coleus, but apparently it isn't .. how do I go about doing a search for a specific plant on DG when I only just know it's 'common name' and not all the other stuff that goes along with it (ie .. species, genus, family ) ..

Thanks a bunch

~M~

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Caladium

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/search.php?forum=&search_text=Caladium&limit=pdb&search_area=subject&limit_poster=&Search=Search

hope that works.

You can just type Caladium into Search and then limit the search to Plant files - lots of stuff.

OH MY Carol .. thanks SO much !!!!

GREAT info ..

~M~

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Well the snow didnt last more than the morning - it was near rain I think but it has been cold and windy all day! Not nice!

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

ditto for here too.
It's now 8 pm and the Sun has come out to go down!
GH is maintaining a 40 degree temp with our - 3 last night so I'm ok so far and keeping my fingers crossed.
Happy Spring in the prairies everyone.
Ann

Calgary, Canada

I just returned from an amazing trip to the Carribean to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary! Oh my goodness, the plants that grow like weeds in Saint Lucia!!!!! It made me think twice about all the hoops I jump through to get my annuals and tropicals to work here in Calgary.......

This message was edited Apr 15, 2009 8:58 AM

Victoria Harbour, ON

Hello to all, back home safely, the boys were fantastic to travel with, up at 6am ready to roll after breakfast and not back to hotel until around 10pm..not much we didn't see...don't know who tired who out..lol

I was fretting remember should something happen..just got home, Noah decided to go biking had an accident, 2 sprained wrists, concusion, fractured elbow..guess accidents happen at home and not just away from home..thank goodness it didn't happen while travelling...

Cathy who watched the animals for me ended up raking the entire side and front of property as well as the 2 ditches out front, cut all the grapevine..omg she worked so very hard...do I have burning to do..

Tired today, managed to go out this morning and purchase commercial linoleum (looks like oak flooring) for craft room, new 3 piece window for dining room with $$$ I had left from the trip..lol...can't go to waste can it...

Beautiful weather here..calling for 15 to 17 for the next 3 days..let's hope it stays for the weekend...

glad you all enjoyed your Easter...

WELCOME HOME BETTY ^_^

So sorry to hear about Noah's 'oopsie' .. but happy to hear all went well while you were in the US of A ..

I see you're busy already .. glad to have you back ..

~M~

This message was edited Apr 15, 2009 7:14 PM

Thumbnail by MarilynneS
Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

violist.....wow a trip and for a 30 anniversary!!
Tropical temps need to come here for us too, just say it till it happens!
Betty glad you made it all the way back home too.
Ann

Victoria Harbour, ON

Hope you are all having the weather we are...could almost be wearing shorts (if I could wear shorts) lol

Yes, didn`t take me long to get back into the swing of things..don`t know how I get myself into things but I do..

Suzanne is having new furniture delivered on Sat. and has prep. her room, painted, old rug taken out, furniture in the dump and now needs new click flooring put down, as I did their other rooms guess who is spending this evening and tomorrow evening laying flooring..then I`ll have help next weekend to do the craft room flooring so must get the room painted and organized, no rest for the wicked..today I`m here, staying quiet, painting on that child table and chair set, making some headway, thought I`d have finished the bear but nope, bit of a headache so will wait until tomorrow...

Time to take excedrin migraine...

Are you out in your gardens, getting that early start to tanning...

Grand Forks, BC(Zone 5b)

You betcha ^_^

Victoria Harbour, ON

Moving us over...

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/976168/

Don it must be in the low 60`s today..more to come tomorrow..exciting isn`t it..each day after work I walk the gardens to see what is popping it`s little head..not a flower as yet, maybe this weekend after all this sunshine...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.