Stacey's Packing Party Sign -up and pot luck

Springfield, IL(Zone 5b)

Oh no Connie! Your father and family will be in my prayers..

I also wanted to let everyone know we just realized last night night that Eric has to give a talk at a conference in Lima that weekend, so he won't be able to make it, but I will still be there.

Fostoria, OH(Zone 5a)

Don't worry about the food, Pepsi, you just take care of things at home. We'll have you in our hearts and prayers and hope things will work out for all of you.

Fenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Oh Connie I am so sorry to hear of the condition of your father.
I will make the sloppy joes. i have no problem bringing them.
You just take care of your dad and spend all the time you can with him.
God Bless.
Julie

Lincoln Park, MI(Zone 5a)

Connie so sorry to hear that...keep in touch and let us know if theres anything we can do!!!

Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Connie, sorry to hear of your Dads condition. Just being with him will be such a comfort for him. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
sharon

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Julie hope you have a wonderful day!!!^_^

Fenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Hey Thank You!!
Loretta and Dan sent me a WIsh for a good day too!!!
Thank You both!
And actually i heard from lots of Dave's friends here and private D-mails!!
THANKS TO ALL!
HAPPY EASTER !!!
Julie

This message was edited Apr 11, 2009 6:58 PM

(bestest fairy)Tempe, MI(Zone 5b)

I am sorry to hear that Connie-I can say nothing to take the pain away.

I look forward to seeing as many of you as possible on that Friday!!

Fostoria, OH(Zone 5a)

Do I have a complete list of al that are coming to Stacey's? I have counted five of you, then Stacey, my friend and me. Looking forward to meeting you all.
If the weather if good (it is Micigan after all) we should be able to spread to the garage.

I was wondering about that..Staceys got to let us know whats up,got a few mails asking why she's not on her co-op thread...add my sister to the list...

Toledo, OH(Zone 5b)

I will show up, just don't know when, most likely in the afternoon. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

You better Dan...gonna bring you a few things!!!^_^...

Toledo, OH(Zone 5b)

Oh Boy! can't wait. Is it long and hard and start with a "P" like pepperoni.

I am popping in and out, but I too would like to know. We have Connie, Dori & Dale, Loretta & Sis, Mom, Jan & I, Julie
Is Angel or Sharon coming?? Dan will be after work....

Yes it is...how'd you guess???/

good seeing you Stacey...

Springfield, IL(Zone 5b)

I will be there..not sure exactly when, but guessing on earlier rather than later..

Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Sorry, ladies, looks like I won't be able to make it after all. Darn work!
sharon

Grand Haven, MI(Zone 5a)

Off topic, relating to an above comment. Someone told me that tree rats hate hot pepper powder. IF I get any tomato plants to live, I'm getting a bunch of the $ store hp powder and trying it out

Sharon...Sorry you can't make it :((

Pepper only helps till the next rain...A friend of mine has a SURE way!!!opppsss

Grand Haven, MI(Zone 5a)

OK, I'm dense....what's the sure way???

Macomb, MI(Zone 5b)

bb gun ^_^

Grand Haven, MI(Zone 5a)

I'm game! LOL! Wouldn't bother me a bit.

Toledo, OH(Zone 5b)

works for me!

LOL..Dan you like squirrel stew???I might have to borrow Delanes bb gun!!!yuck :(

Toledo, OH(Zone 5b)

I have eaten squirrel before and it was really good, taste like chicken.

Yuck...heard everything taste like chicken....my dad used to eat them too!!!he use to buy live chickens and make us pluck them...watched how he killed them once!!!that was enough...

Fenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Hey Stacey,
I am hoping for more than five people!! I got food for at least a dozen!!
Hey Michiganders...We need you !!
Please come help us pack the co-op plants.
We should put a shout out for some help.
It is very hard work and a long day.
The more people the more fun,
and the sooner we can get done so we can have some partying!!!
Right Stacey???
Julie

Toledo, OH(Zone 5b)

Hi Julie! How many did we have last year? had to be at least a dozen. I think there are over 75 participants in this co-op and that means alot of packing, some might have a couple boxes.

Are you staying over or are you going to drive home afterward? I think some are getting rooms.

Is Dori and husband coming? Hope so. I've alway's said the more the merryier! (sp)

Ohhh we need more helpers!!!think last time we had 12 helpers...let me add them up...this ones alot bigger and more plants!!

Julie
Angel
Dan
Dori & husband
Connie & Ken
Sharon & daughter
Stacey
Me & my sis..

yeap 12..hope I did'nt forget anyone..

Toledo, OH(Zone 5b)

Loretta, hope you plucked them after they were dead. LOL Ouch!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

sharon cant make it!
dale is still in Limbo!!!
dont think Ken is coming but hope he does for dale(going to limbo his head)s

What about detho -she lives down that way
patriotboy(kris)would be nice if he could make it
ummmmmm..........!

Toledo, OH(Zone 5b)

Hi Dori! If Dale comes and you guys stay over, we can have a Lynyrd Skynard party at my house to get you guy's really pumped up for that concert. I have a music dvd a killer sound system, and a large Screen TV and alot of hand instruments to shake. And.. I have a present for you and Dale!

Toledo, OH(Zone 5b)

The dvd is the Tribute Tour, with all the original members. "If I leave here tomorrow, would you still remember me?"

Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

I've eaten squirrel and bunny before ... Shake and Bake!

Dan, man oh man, I love Lynyrd Skynard!!!

Toledo, OH(Zone 5b)

You are cordially invited also if this happens!

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Just wanted to give you all an update.

I am going to try to come to the packing party, won't know until tomorrow for sure tho...

On Tuesday April 7th, they sent dad home, my great nephew is staying there with him. I went to see him that night. Nothing was settled.
Then on Wednesday he told my grand daughters boyfriend that he wanted to see her. So that afternoon she took my great grand daughter over to see him. It wasn't a pleasant visit. My dad said some really mean and hurtful things to her and called her and the baby names, he wasn't just talking, but he screamed it all at her and in the process scared my angel baby half to death. He also told her to get out of his house and not to come back.

Needless to say, my grandaughter called and told me everything. I had planned on going over to see him that evening and try to talk. But when I was told the things he had said and done. I haven't been to see him or called him. It will be 2 weeks tomorrow. I have really been tore up over this and knew if I did go, things would go from bad to worse. So I have stayed away... It has taken me this long to get me under control :(

His brother did come down and stayed until the 11th, I have no clue what happened. I haven't heard a word from anyone...

I have been praying and praying and I know what I have to do, I have to go see my dad tomorrow. There are questions that need answers and he is the only one that can answer them. I have no idea what will be the out come of this, but it is someting I have to do. I will tell you this, these past two weeks have been the hardest thing that I have ever been through, I love my dad and I really want to be there for him. I called the lawyer to find out about how to go about getting the dna test like he asked me to. and he twisted all I said to him around to make it look like I was hiring a lawyer to have him committed so I can take everything he has... This is some of the things he had said to my granddaughter and also my cousin.

I have been a total wreck these past 2 weeks, but the Lord is good. I am not gonna worry about any of it any more. But I do have to ask him some questions. With the answer to the first one, will determine if the others will be asked and if I will be going back... also will determine weather I will be able to stay at the packing party. I do have to stop by to get my plants and get my dirt from Dori and give her a couple of things I have for her.

Dads moods change from one moment to the next, I think the cancer has already spread to his brain, and he doesn't realize that my nephew isn't going to be able to handle what is going to be coming.
My dad and mom raised him, until him and dad got into it and dad kicked him out after mom died. He has only been back now a couple months and only because dad is dying... He couldn't handle being there when mom was sick so he drank and smoked dope to cope. And has been doing this ever since. I know why he is staying there now and why his brother is coming around, but my hands are tied and there is nothing I can do about it.

So I ask that you praying ppl Please keep me in your prayers... When I go to talk to dad tomorrow, I don't want to go in self, but with all the LOVE that the LORD put in my heart the day he saved me...

Also if I do get to come to Staceys Friday, I do not want to talk about this... It hurts to much to dwell on it...

Connie

Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Connie, praying and thinking of you and your family.
shaorn

Connie .....So sorry you have all that going on...the cancer must have got to his brain...theres a DNA clinic on Eureka in Southgate they do it with hair or whatever you can get..a friend of mine had to go thru it a few yrs.back...

LOL..Dan I hope they was dead we cried all the way plucking,waiting for my mom to get home to do it..one time I got slapped water was to hot!!!

OK, we need to get a tally done here. If you could PLEASE repost your intention of being here on Friday and what food you will be bringing, I would appreciate it. Also, I would like to have everyone here at 9am. If you will be LATE, please post your anticipated arrival time.

As for now we have the following people coming:
Connie
Mom & Jan-veggie tray and nachos
Loretta & Sis
Julie-hamburgers, hot dogs and buns
Me-condiments, baked beans, plates, napkins & silverware
Angel-strawberry shortcake or pudding
Dori & Dale
Dan-will be late

I wanted to apologize up front. Since I'm not working, I am unable to do the gift bags as I did last year. I do appreciate all your help and am sorry that I can't do it again this year.

Also, if anyone has any extra shredded paper, we might need it. Last year I took it from work, and for obvious reasons, I donn't have that luxury this year.

Thanks, Stacey

This message was edited Apr 20, 2009 12:26 PM

This message was edited Apr 20, 2009 1:48 PM

Fostoria, OH(Zone 5a)

Jan and I are coming. She is bringing a veggie tray and I will be bringing chips and the stuff for nachos.
Jan has a bad cold but hopes it will be all gone by end of the week.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.